Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 9:33:10 PM EDT
Perhaps a mundane question but please help me since I plan on buying soon:

I am planning on buying a LMT 16" upper and decided to go with a LMT BUIS and and Aimpoint M2. Can you guys tell me what Aimpoint Mount (brand) I need to buy so I can co-witness with the LMT BUIS? I am new to all of this and see so many mounts of differnent heights and different makers and want to make sure I get  the right mount.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are going to mount the Aimpoint on your upper you will need the ARMS #22M68 and the full spacer or, IMHO, the better cantalever spacer. www.armsmounts.com/catalog.php?action=124&item_id=23
Ray
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:39:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the help. Would a LaRue  Comp M2 QD mount do the job? Its seems more of a simple design.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks for the help. Would a LaRue  Comp M2 QD mount do the job? Its seems more of a simple design.

Yes, the LaRue mount will work just as well, if not better.  And unless your upper is coming with the LMT BUIS, I would also look at the LaRue BUIS.  Less $$, less parts, less weight, less room taken up on your upper and QD.  Word is LaRue also has a cantalever Aimpoint mount in the works.  Oh, one more thing LaRue is made in TEXAS!

Ray
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:00:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll consider the LaRue mount, I already got a LMT Buis on the way. A measly oz or more then the  LaRue BUIS isnt gonna break my back on the field, heh. Thanks for the help.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:48:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:46:08 AM EDT
[#6]
What is the height difference between the ARMS mount with full spacer and the Larue mount, does one co witness the sights lower in the optic.

I have used the ARMS mount with the cantalever spacer and liked how it co-witness the sights, but I am interested in the Larue.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:54:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:43:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:25:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Tacpoint anagrams: Optic Ant, Panic Tot, Point Act, Pint Taco, Ant Pit Co, Tin Apt Co.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top