Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2005 3:04:05 PM EDT
Is the only differance the new  reticle? How do you use the new reticle, it seems that the horizontal mildots are for some sort of ragefinding. Does anyone have a detailed explanation of either of these reticles, such as the scale or  purpose of all the marks. The ceveron MOA, and the silloutte, etc. Does the optic come with instructions.
Link Posted: 5/4/2005 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The side ticks are, as it was explained to me, for groups of people with the same optic to find targets. For example, look at the window three ticks from the chevron. Something like that. All ACOGs come with instructions. The RCO isnt even out yet and we dont know when it will be. So I'm not sure if I would wait?
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 1:21:55 AM EDT
[#2]
The "tic" marks are the same mil pattern as used in the M22 and M24 Binos,  I am sure that it could be used to locate via, going X number of mils left and right of the reference point, this technique is used on observation posts all the time to designate targets.  But the marks also allow the adjustment of all kinds of direct and indirect fire.  One of the common complaints with semi-skilled observers (term in the fire support community, normally referring to a maneuver-shooter or someone who has had a class but not full trained as a fire support observer controller) is that they often don't have binoculars to adjust fire.  Well this reticle gives the semi-skilled observer the reticle they need.
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 3:55:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Since I probably won't be adjusting artillery anytime soon (even in a SHTF scenario), I think I'll just stick with my TA-31F.

Seriously though, that was some good info. I was wondering what the hell those vertical stadia lines were for off to each side of the chevron.
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#4]
It also will come with finger adjustable turrets under the caps and caps will be retained with wire cords.
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 11:59:27 AM EDT
[#5]
i was looking at this on their site and think i might have to get one
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It also will come with finger adjustable turrets under the caps and caps will be retained with wire cords.

These are the only two additions that really interest me over my TA31F. The new reticule itself is really no use to me.
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 14.5 inch barrel and I believe the TA 31F is designed for a 20 inch barrel, is it not? So I like the reticle in the TA31 Can the drop compensation marks be zerod to My M4. Doing the research the TA31ROC-M4 and The TA01NSN are the only model that specify 16 inch barrel. Knowing this, I want the 4x32 BAC capabilities on my M4A3 flatop with a cheveron reticle. I want all the marks accurate as the bullet loses velocity and reaches its distance. Any more advice would be appreciated. Was the ROC-M4 designed for flatop use? I realize its just a matter of cm's but 1200 is alot to spend on an optic that wont give my M4 full capability. Thanks  
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

...and I believe the TA 31F is designed for a 20 inch barrel, is it not?  

The BDC is calibrated for a 62gr. bullet with a MV of 3050fps when used with the flat top adaptor.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=229420
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have a 14.5 inch barrel and I believe the TA 31F is designed for a 20 inch barrel, is it not? So I like the reticle in the TA31 Can the drop compensation marks be zerod to My M4. Doing the research the TA31ROC-M4 and The TA01NSN are the only model that specify 16 inch barrel. Knowing this, I want the 4x32 BAC capabilities on my M4A3 flatop with a cheveron reticle. I want all the marks accurate as the bullet loses velocity and reaches its distance. Any more advice would be appreciated. Was the ROC-M4 designed for flatop use? I realize its just a matter of cm's but 1200 is alot to spend on an optic that wont give my M4 full capability. Thanks  

The BDC really falls into the "good enough for government work category"  It is based on your ability to range find using the BDC ranging hash marks and that is one big variable depending on light conditions, target aspect, true target size and target motion.
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 2:27:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm excited that I will finally get my TA31F for under $700 when the herd starts dumping their Fs for the latest and greatest.  I doubt I'll be calling in artillery any time soon and a TA is not something I be fiddlin wif re adjustment.

Sorry, that picture is gone - Lumpy
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 7:21:23 AM EDT
[#11]
WTF? is that pic?
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 7:29:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#14]
We'll for those of you who own an acog how many of you have it mounted on a 14.5 inch flattop? And how is it? It sound like the TA31F will work fine.  I will be doing most of my shooting within 300 yrds. But I like the idea of the compesator to 600 being accurate.
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#16]
i've found a TA31F online for 920.00 brand new. What are some of the deals you guys know about. Obviously trying to get it a little cheaper. thanks
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I had to do it. An impulse buy from ebay "scopewholesaler" was his name,  Brand new in box for 869.99 +10 to ship. I hope it goes well, wish me luck.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 3:16:48 AM EDT
[#19]
I would have if I had known. I never really think to wheel and deal, I assumed  everyone who sells one trys to get top dollar. I have never been given any sort of price matching on any item unless I was dealing with circut city or a fortune 500 company. What else do you carry there is always next time. I Will have a 20 inch to put  another on is time. But you are right now I am getting more accustom to this board I dont think I'll ever be using gunbroker again. Hopefully this on I get is in new codition as it was described. If not it'll be going back and you'll be the first to know. If you want to sell one just drop it to that price. That would be the cheapest I've seen, I'm sure you'd have a buyer within a few days. Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Why?  I wanted everyone to see what I looked like, waving hello, and happy that I was going to get an ACOG.  How is it different from people posting pics of Jesus with profane comments, photoshopped fifties people making assinine comments, "WTF" photoshopped pics, etc.?  If that distracts, why do you have a whole range of ridiculous afro heads, devils, scuba heads, devils with crowns, etc.?  Some of those ridiculous things have less to do with anything than my pic.  Interesting logic.  Anyway, I buy from dealers here that are pleasant and helpful, even if it means spending a couple extra bucks.  And certainly I buy when their price is the lowest, like Teknik's.

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF? is that pic?

I dont know, but its distracting from a technical discussion.

Link Posted: 5/12/2005 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Well this was just unexpected, Make it your avatar if you want people to see you, don't link it in a coversation that has nothing to do with the information being questioned. There is a time and a place for you photo to be viewed. What was puzzling to me is the lack of explanation. Whay dont you post a new thread and tell us how your hand and teeth got the way they did.

Quote:  If that distracts, why do you have a whole range of ridiculous afro heads, devils, scuba heads, devils with crowns, etc.?

Those are just emotion showing options found in every online forum to help express emotion incase you coundn't figure it out within the context. If you wanted your pic to simulate this purpose maybe you should have a signature puchline so we all know what you mean.  For example you called my "WTF" assinine, when what I meant was What the fuck is that pic doing in here and what does it have to do with this conversation. But instead of writing all that I can just   this is board code your photo is nothing of the sort. As for future referance you may post what ever floats your boat. But if I may make a constructive critism, you should at least let people know what you mean. I was not offened by the pic I just questioned its fuction. Hope you understand, If not feel free to reply.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#22]
LOL!   OK dude, I'm responding to your post, what does this mean: ?  Or how about this: ?  LOL!  In the time you wasted posting that silliness you could have peeled and eaten a couple grapes.

Quoted:
Well this was just unexpected, Make it your avatar if you want people to see you, don't link it in a coversation that has nothing to do with the information being questioned. There is a time and a place for you photo to be viewed. What was puzzling to me is the lack of explanation. Whay dont you post a new thread and tell us how your hand and teeth got the way they did.

Quote:  If that distracts, why do you have a whole range of ridiculous afro heads, devils, scuba heads, devils with crowns, etc.?

Those are just emotion showing options found in every online forum to help express emotion incase you coundn't figure it out within the context. If you wanted your pic to simulate this purpose maybe you should have a signature puchline so we all know what you mean.  For example you called my "WTF" assinine, when what I meant was What the fuck is that pic doing in here and what does it have to do with this conversation. But instead of writing all that I can just   this is board code your photo is nothing of the sort. As for future referance you may post what ever floats your boat. But if I may make a constructive critism, you should at least let people know what you mean. I was not offened by the pic I just questioned its fuction. Hope you understand, If not feel free to reply.

Link Posted: 5/12/2005 3:13:44 PM EDT
[#23]
It means viking,  Alien, a hot pink chick with DS lips and ...LOL how bout we all show everyone how happy we are when recieving ACOGS!

Hows that for silliness....hope you have a good sence of humor.... .
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#25]
And sorry to the rest of you for having to read this inbetween the pertinant information.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 3:24:05 PM EDT
[#26]
I have to admit when I've been bested! LOL, outstanding!  I do think I'm perttier tho!  Nice work.
I broke down and bought a TA31F today from a dealer here.  I don't need no stinkin ranging lines  Lumpy, may I post my picture to compare it to Krills?  He's done a mighty fine impression of ACOG happiness but I think mine is perttier.

Quoted:
It means viking,  Alien, a hot pink chick with DS lips and ...LOL how bout we all show everyone how happy we are when recieving ACOGS!
files.thisreason.com/Krills%20Forum%20Photos/WeirdDude.jpg

Hows that for silliness....hope you have a good sence of humor.... .

Link Posted: 5/12/2005 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#27]
I thought you might appreciate a gesture to be friendly, OK back to the heart of the conversation, I too will be recieving my TA31 tomarrow, And I too will not be needing the stadia lines. I talked to a guy at trigicon who confrimed there function. The marines had requested the stadia lines to more quickly aquire  multiple targets.

PS Id like to see the pic again...At least email it for comparison...lol
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#28]
I agree... I can't stand those annoying, ridiculous looking things. Here comes Mr. Hardcore AR Shooter talking his technical jargon and then all of a sudden, BOOM. Seizure inducing color attack! Little pink fairies, homopower rainbow afros, little men in scuba goggles, beatniks, clowns, trolls, kungfu Chuck Norris in sunglasses, and a menagerie of other madness. It's an oxymoron in action. Mercy. I say if you're going to break out some faces, go old school and don't assault everyone with a rainbow colored icon montage. Practically every one of those silly looking icon faces has a epileptic safe, old school text version.

You want googly eyes? 0_o / o_0
You want sarcasm? :\ :/ :| ;\ ;x :x
You want anger? :| >:| >:\  >:/ >:(
You want to display enjoyment in the evil of it all? >:)  ;>  :>  >:D  :D  :D!  :J >:] :\
You want a crazy man in a hat? q:| q:) (:p
You want to sick out your tongue? ;p :P q: >:p >:P
You want a man with a moustache? :{)
Dracula? :[
A smiley for every occasion? :] >:] :) :D  :> :J ;) ;> ;D
Sad? :( :[ D: :c :|
Shocked? :O :o :O! :o!
Wanna give a kiss? :* :+
Misc wackiness: q:~)  :*)  :>)  :-)  :[|]  8)  8-)  :=)  :+)  :(||) :c) :)~ :((||))  

I just made who knows how many faces and not a single stomach turning color. Sorry, no afros, viking hats or Egyptians. Hmm, maybe >:) is really the smiling viking and I just never knew it, heh. Either way, I personally find the repertoire of smilies to be annoying as hell. That is my 20 dollars on the subject.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#30]
already stated
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top