Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2005 9:48:39 AM EDT
Is there such and animal?

CH
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep,

Get an arms 17DR and a 22m68 half spacer and you can co-witness in the lower 3rd of the jpoint window.

I don't know of any mounts that are specifically made for this purpose but this combination works like a charm.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:49:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Will check it out! Thinking that would be a nice little package for the local carbine match. At least worth trying in the spirit of keeping things lightweight!

Thanks
CH
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#3]
For a A2, try this.

http://www.demooner.com/rifles.php
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
For a A2, try this.

http://www.demooner.com/rifles.php

Will be on a M4 flat top upper.

Thanks
CH
Link Posted: 6/2/2005 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I did some poking around, looking at different solutions and then by chance came into an ARMS 38-EX. Well much to my excitment the sight co-witnesses perfect with the standard weaver base supplied.

Its and Optima that I picked up some time ago and have never really found a home for it. I have been shopping for a new sight for my latest carbine, but have been unable to pick just one! I will handele a few I dont have access to at the next fun show. I go from Trijicon reflex, to Eotech, to aimpoint and then back again with Leupold and others popping up making the chioce even more dificult! With a match fast approaching(2 weeks) I decided to put this little sight on my rifle an give it a shot!

So I have a few ?'s I thought I would ask.
In your opinion, what do you think the best mount location is for reflex sights?
Closest to the rear sight as I see some eotechs mounted or extended out just in front of upper rec (over the delta ring assy)?

To me the forward mounting seems to make more sense, however there are always other ways and I am looking for opinions.

Here is the sight mounted as I will sight in and shoot at the match.

Here is the sight-picture(the camera angle looks a bit deceiving but it lines right up).

I just wonder, aside from maybe durability, why dont we see more Doctor/Jpoints mounted on ARs? Did I miss the memo telling us it was a bad idea?

I will sight it in over the weekend and  report back with my results and thoughts

Thanks
CH
Link Posted: 6/2/2005 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Looking good...

... and no, I'm not linking these pics from his site.
Link Posted: 6/2/2005 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice!

Now if my other parts would get here I would be stoked!
CH
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top