Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/4/2005 1:48:51 PM EDT
Anyone had any experience with these?
Search didn't turn-up any info
Meostar 1.5x5 w/Kdot reticle looks interesting...
Oh Yeah...Happy Fourth!!!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2005 2:17:26 PM EDT
[#1]
good scopes. Most of the ones I saw were in Europe though.
Link Posted: 7/4/2005 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Well. at a recent show in Houston, a retired fellow had them at his table at what I considered a reasonable price (compared to retail). The 1.5x5 Meostar looked pretty decent for the price. Appeared well-built and had decent glass-plus the snazzy Kdot reticle.
May warrant further research since he makes most of the local shows.
Link Posted: 7/4/2005 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I have Meopta Artemis 3000 4-16x44 Tactic Mildot in my Varminter  and I have been very happy for this scope.

Optical properties are very good. Clarity, sharpness and resolution of sight picture are just great.

Of course Zeiss and Hensoldt scopes are even better than Meopta but they cost three to four times more so I'd say that Meopta is best value for money you can get.

Meostar 1.5-5x20 KDOT is certainly nice scope but I'd probably choose Meostar 1-4x22 KDOT.  IMHO

Reason for this is that in short ranges you can turn magnification to 1x and use your scope like reddot sight. For longer ranges you can crank up magnification.

At the moment 1-4x22 KDOT is my first choice as an all around scope to be placed on top of carbine length AR upper. I wish that Santa brings me one.As always, YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Sako,
I'll have to look at the 1x4 Kdot. Maybe Santa will bring us both one!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#5]
No problemo Oilfield.

I certainly hope that Santa's wish list is up to date as in my case it's a mile long paper roll.how
In Finland Meopta Artemis 3000 4-16x44 Tactic Mildot was 680 Euros. That equals roughly to 820$.

1-4x22 Artemis 3100 KDOTs are around  600 Euros and Meostar R1 1-4x22 RD's (RedDot) are roughly 770 Euros.
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 4:00:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Sako,
Out of courtesy to SWFA, I'll refer you to their website (listed in the links section). That will give you a good idea what the 'market' price is here in the States (it's close to what you're paying there). As for the gentleman at the gun show selling Meopta scopes-let me just say I hope he's at the next one as his pricing was 'very competitive'!  
With that being said, I haven't seen a lot of vendors who carry Meopta. Perhaps it's because the pricing runs close to scopes like Leupold, etc and people would just as soon go with a 'known commodity' (at least to shooters here in the States). It would be interesting to see what Leupolds run over in your part of the world, I suspect VAT would make them quite expensive.
I'll look you up in a few weeks and let you know if I found the fellow and his Meoptas!
Keep Shootin', Oilfieldtrash
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 10:13:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Oilfield,

I attached a link to Finnish dealer's web page so you can see what those scopes cost in Finland.
(Too much, thanks to heavy VAT and other taxation href=Leupold prices

Let me know which model you chose and what did you like about it.

Link Posted: 7/7/2005 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#9]
CZ made, good quality, lower than Swarovski/Zeiss/Kahles, but lots cheaper.

2000 series is reticle grows/shrinks ( typical European model ), 3000 should be US type.

I´ll give em a try ...

H
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top