Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/2/2005 5:56:19 PM EDT
This is a DPMS detachable carry handle:

Note how the rear sight is lower than normal, such that there is a "step" down to the sight. On most carry handles I've seen, there is no such step. Is this because the DPMS is designed to work with a standard height front sight base as opposed to the taller F-marked FSB ? Or is it just crap quality ?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like the sight is turned all the way down. My BM is the same way.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Looks like the sight is turned all the way down. My BM is the same way.

I don;t think this is correct. Look at the photo below (purloined from the EE):

Note how the top 4 "milspec" carry handles have no step between the rear sight and the carry handle. The bottom one has the same step as the DPMS.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Now that I've looked at mine (RRA, Cardinal Forge) it is like the mil-spec ones.

I've never noticed this before. This could very well be why the front site post is jacked up quite a ways.

Very interesting.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:18:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Looking at the picture, it appears that the "frame" of the sight is the same on each.  I just looks like the protective wings are smaller, and that the windage drum is set lower in the wings...if that makes any sense.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like someone f%#ked up and used the A2 rear sight bases instead of the DCH rear sight bases.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:57:30 AM EDT
[#6]
The elevation post would be sticking out the bottom if that was the case.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The elevation post would be sticking out the bottom if that was the case.

WIZZO

They could have cut the post down to be cheap.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Only way to find out would be to have someone post a pic of the bottom of one.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:08:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Looks like someone f%#ked up and used the A2 rear sight bases instead of the DCH rear sight bases.

Actually, that wouldn't surprise me... they did the same thing on a fixed BUIS I bought from them. Actually, I liked it as I dremelled out the bottom of the sight base slot and replaced the elevation drum with a regular A2 version - now I have a detachable rear sight with elevation out to 800M
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks to me like the "step" for the rear sight assembly is cut lower on the 5th one. Compare the "step" to the "bulge" in front of the rear sight assembly.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Looks to me like the "step" for the rear sight assembly is cut lower on the 5th one. Compare the "step" to the "bulge" in front of the rear sight assembly.

Right, thats why I think this is intentional so as to allow correct alignment with a regular non-F FSB.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:42:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It looks like they did that, and also used an A2 RSB.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Noticed this tonight on my DPMS (thanx Stealthy!). There goes another $14 to fund the disease
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#14]
The rear sight on my Bushy looks similar to, but less severe than the first pic.  I used the zeroing procedures over on the Maryland AR-15 site that involves loosening up the allen under the adjuster and allowing the wheel to turn an extra click or two, if that makes sense, it's something like that anyway.  It's been at least 6 months since I did it so the memory is a bit foggy.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:42:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The rear sight on my Bushy looks similar to, but less severe than the first pic.  I used the zeroing procedures over on the Maryland AR-15 site that involves loosening up the allen under the adjuster and allowing the wheel to turn an extra click or two, if that makes sense, it's something like that anyway.  It's been at least 6 months since I did it so the memory is a bit foggy.

I too use the Santose IBSZ with my Bushmaster CCH BUIS. And, as stated above, it looks the same. I keep the sight turned all the way down for normal range operations.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:39:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I too use the Santose IBSZ with my Bushmaster CCH BUIS. And, as stated above, it looks the same. I keep the sight turned all the way down for normal range operations.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Metroliner/BUIS2.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Metroliner/BUIS.jpg

I just looked at my Bushy DCH and your rear sight base is definitely different. So I got my Bushy A2 upper receiver out and yep, It looks like you have an A2 rear sight base on your DCH, but the protective ears look shorter for some reason.

BTW, how old is your DCH?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Bump.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:01:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top