Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 9:56:14 PM EDT
Anybody have one of these?  How do you like them?  I'm thinking of getting one for my 20" A3 Bushy, which is sort of my medium range AR.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:31:31 PM EDT
[#1]
the parallax negates the point of having an aimpoint also the 2x isnt much more magnification to justify it.

save the money and get something else
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#2]
The aimpoint websight says all aimpoints are parallax free. I am also interested in the 2x model. I'd like some info from someone who has actually used one.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:16:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I've tried one but wouldn't take one if you gave it to me. It was like looking through a cardboard tube. The FOV really stinks compared to almost any other optic I have looked through. The 2X Aimpoints are incredibly unpopular for a reason - they're not good. If you want an Aimpoint with magnification, you're much better off buying an Aimpoint and their 3X magnifier mounted with a Samson quick flip mount. It won't be cheap mind you buy if you want an Aimpoint with magnification, it's the best way to achieve your goal. This combo also gives you all the advantages of the Aimpoint without the disadvantage of the "cardboard tube" FOV of a 2X Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Matt.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:38:25 AM EDT
[#5]
yeah thanks for the advice
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top