Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 9/24/2006 9:37:42 PM EDT
I am thinking about topping my RRA 16" CAR4  with a Bushnell MP trophy 1x 32mm. it has a red/green T-dot reticle  Built-in mount for Weaver-style rail.
 Anybody have any experience with this scope.

www.bushnell.com/products/riflescopes/specs/73-0132p.cfm
Link Posted: 9/25/2006 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm looking at the same scope as well, I have had good luck with bushnell scopes (have 3) any info on this model?

Edit- best price I found midsouthshooterssupply

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/product_images/027-730132P.jpg
Link Posted: 9/25/2006 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I should have mine in a few days, I payed $160.51  from midway usa. I hope i can co-witness with it on my  a RRA tactical carry handle,
Link Posted: 9/28/2006 10:59:17 AM EDT
[#3]
WELL IT'S HERE!!

I would say that it is a very good scope for the money!!  the only thing i don't like are the small knob on it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2006 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Lets hear a range report!! One thing I noticed on the bushnell website:
CLICK VALUE
in@100yds = 7
mm@100m = 25

So that means at 100yds one click moves the point of impact 7in?

Edit: If you have time lets see a picture of this thing mounted!! Also You might want to add "Acog clone to the title of this post to get more attention.
Link Posted: 9/29/2006 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Hi all! New here and just wondering if this is a good sight? I have just bought my first AR after a friend let me shoot his. I'm looking for a sight, and the reviews I have read seem good on this model. Thanks for any advice.

Also, is the Midsouth Shooter Supply a good place to buy from? Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/29/2006 8:06:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmmm think im going to pick one up too. Sh*t so many things i want soo little money...RRA 9mm pistol....SKS....New quad rail hand guards....etc
Link Posted: 9/29/2006 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Lets hear a range report!! One thing I noticed on the bushnell website:
CLICK VALUE
in@100yds = 7
mm@100m = 25

So that means at 100yds one click moves the point of impact 7in?

Edit: If you have time lets see a picture of this thing mounted!! Also You might want to add "Acog clone to the title of this post to get more attention.

I think that must be a typo especially since 25mm = about 1 inch.  On the web site, it looks to me that the 25 corresponds to the inch adjustment and the 7 corresponds to the metric one.  I'll bet that there should be a decimal point in front of that 25 giving it 1/4 MOA clicks.

ETA:  I just checked a few other scopes on the Bushnell web site and sure enough they were listed as having .25" clicks at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I want to buy this scope, but i want to hear what Tankerfrank has to say about it first. I was thinking it was a typo as well hmm.
Link Posted: 10/9/2006 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Got mine in the other day, and I've had it mounted. I'll be taking it out to the range this weekend. Anyone else get this??
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 4:55:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I’ve had my Bushnell MP for a couple of months now, and so far I’m really pleased with it. I’ve been to the range with it about 4 times now. It was fairly easy to zero, and it’s held that zero without waiver. I initially got a lot of grief from my friend who owns a real ACOG. After he shot my AR a couple of times he finally admitted it was a very good optic for what I paid for it. It’s very robust and well built. I originally thought the T-reticle was very small. But, now that I’ve used it a few times, it makes for very good pin-point accuracy. The red works well during bright daylight, and the green color is great for low light shooting. I can’t say how long the batteries will last yet, but my Propoint uses the same batteries and it’s lasted over a year and it's still going strong. I would definitely recommend the Bushnell as a good and durable optic for the money. Got mine from Blue Ridge Gear.
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 7:19:49 AM EDT
[#11]
That mount looks kind of short.  Does it need a riser to make it work on a flattop AR?
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 7:24:26 AM EDT
[#12]
No, it doesn't need a riser. I have it mounted on a RRA entry tactical with the handle removed, and its good.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Bump for more info.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Bump.    Anyone else have any experience with this?    Is it useful out to about 250-300m or so? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 9:04:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Took mine out to the range. I have no idea how to measure groupings with MOA, but I got some decent groupings with my RRA 16" Entry Tac. at 25, 50 and 100 yds.
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#16]
OK, thanks. Just got mine for 139.90 shipped from binoculars.com. Use google checkout for free ship and $10 off.
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 5:10:27 PM EDT
[#17]
can it be co-witnessed with BUIS?
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 7:03:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I just wish they made that scope with magnification, it would be pretty nifty as a 3x...
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Its really low on the reciever top, and I have mine mounted far back. So i can't on mine.
Link Posted: 10/19/2006 1:14:47 PM EDT
[#20]
With the magnification being only 1X, does the fixed front sight ass`y. block or darken the sight picture?

I know from personal experience a scope with a higher magnification doesn`t show the front sight ass`y. at all (at least mine doesn`t)
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
With the magnification being only 1X, does the fixed front sight ass`y. block or darken the sight picture?

I know from personal experience a scope with a higher magnification doesn`t show the front sight ass`y. at all (at least mine doesn`t)

With 1x magnification, it will look like you are looking with your eyes right now at the front sight.
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#22]

by Zhass:

If you have time lets see a picture of this thing mounted . . .

Nobody's posted yet, so here's a Bushnell Trophy 1x32 Red/Green ACOG clone mounted forward on my Bushmaster M4gery (14.5" bbl with perm. FH):

(The buttstock is 6 Pos and extended to achieve a tight sling.  Old Marine habits die hard . . . )

I have no BUIS yet so that's why it's missing.  

The box says "for handgun and slug gun" but if it works for a slug gun it will work for an AR, IMO.

The unit is very robust, made of alloy metal and finished black.  There's  white "Bushnell Trophy" lettering behind the Elv knob on top, and an antler logo on the Wind knob cap.  IMO, some acetone should do for that.

Here's a lousy pic of the red reticle (2nd brightness setting) sighted across the room on my black office chair:

Same view, green reticle on 2nd brightness level:

The dot at the intersection falls on the center of my FS pin elevation, not at the top.  If I shift my head on the buttstock slightly, I can set the reticle dot on the top of the FS pin.  The actual sight picture is MUCH clearer, but you get the idea of the reticle size and appearance in low lighting.

Sigting in was a cakewalk.  It took two clicks in Wind and seven in Elv to get POA to match POI at 200 yds.  I did the other half of the experiment and removed the optic and reinstalled it and it held spot-on.

I purchased the Bushnell locally for just under $170 OTD and I'm well satisfied.

Noah

Link Posted: 10/22/2006 5:09:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Any guess as what MOA diameter the dot equals?

(nice rifle, too!)
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 6:06:56 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Any guess as what MOA diameter the dot equals?

(nice rifle, too!)

Or howlong the lines are at 100 yrds.
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 7:02:29 AM EDT
[#25]
The box says that the dot is one MOA. I have no idea how long the lines are.
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#26]
What does this Bushnell offer over the other Bushnell red dots that are cheaper, have more reticles, and have the same electronics, but don't look like an ACOG?
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#27]
What I don't understand is this, it says 3.3 inches eye relief.  If it is 1x, it should be infinite, right?
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 7:36:25 AM EDT
[#28]
I bought the Bushnell Trophy MP red/green T dot and put it on a Delton M4 falttop with an Arms 40LSP rear sight. Love the Trophy "BUT" the scope is to long to mount on your flattop upper and still use your rear sight. With my Arms 40LSP the eye piece of the Trophy MP goes half way over the rear sight and just clears the 40L by a few thousands of an inch with the 40L in the down position and i have the Trophy mounted as far forward as possiable,so now you can't use the scope rear eye cover without cutting it plus it would never clear any other sight and would need a riser. One other thing about the Trophy is that the green dot will only be usable in low light, it's usless in day time shooting. On the bright side, the red dot is only around 2MOA and can be adjusted to be seen very bright even in the brightest sun light and is great for shooting at 100 yards. Have never had to readjust the trophy. Email me at [email protected] and i'll send you  pictures of it mounted on my rifle so you will have an idea of what you would want to do on your gun.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#29]
I didn't even see this thread.  I picked up this piece last night and put it on my Bushmaster.  It looks good, and the crosshairs  sit right on top of the front site.  My main question is, depending how I look in it sometimes the dot and crosshairs appear to move around..I'm assuming this is because they stay on target no matter the angle you are looking into the sight.  Am I right about that?  I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but from what I've read in this thread it seems like a great unit.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
What does this Bushnell offer over the other Bushnell red dots that are cheaper, have more reticles, and have the same electronics, but don't look like an ACOG?

and weigh half as much and are half the size...

this question has been beat to death here.  I don't own one and I'm not quite sure I understand how it's selling.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:57:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and weigh half as much and are half the size...

this question has been beat to death here.  I don't own one and I'm not quite sure I understand how it's selling.

What the Trophy MP offered to me is the rugged housing to contain all "the same electronics" and having a reticle with a dot at the crosshair intersection that (to me) appeared to be smaller and with less "bloom" at higher intensity than the other conventional "scope-like" Bushnell units in stock at the same retailer.  That the Trophy MP has no magnification is of no significance to me.  I did not want magnification, and if I want that, I have another optic to use.  Further, having a preference for picket post style reticles in conventional riflescopes, I prefer the "T"-shaped reticle to a standard dot.  That it's shaped like an ACOG means nothing to me.  That I can see the reticle and hit with it using my almost 53-yr-old eyes means everything.

YMMV, and in most cases probably does.  

Noah
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:29:52 PM EDT
[#32]
I had one in my hands on sunday at the local gunshow.  As soon as I  got home I ordered one.  I can't wait to get it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2006 7:33:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Finally got it.  It is awesome.  In my opinion, very well built for the money.
Link Posted: 11/5/2006 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Does this connect right to the rail? I have a FAL with a rail on top. Think this will work without any additional parts?
Link Posted: 11/5/2006 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#35]
anyone mount this on a carry handle?
Link Posted: 11/6/2006 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Has anyone mounted one of these with a riser so that it would clear an ARMS 40L?  It would be nice to use a QD riser and revert to the BUIS as needed wthout tools. I'd also prefer the reticle to be above the front sight but would worry about cheek weld with the increased height.
Link Posted: 11/13/2006 4:37:14 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Has anyone mounted one of these with a riser so that it would clear an ARMS 40L?  It would be nice to use a QD riser and revert to the BUIS as needed wthout tools. I'd also prefer the reticle to be above the front sight but would worry about cheek weld with the increased height.

I've tried it both with and without a 1/2" riser and cheek weld is no problem, just a slight shift on the cheek.

Noah
Link Posted: 11/13/2006 11:47:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
What I don't understand is this, it says 3.3 inches eye relief.  If it is 1x, it should be infinite, right?

According to this link it has unlimited eye relief.
Link Posted: 11/14/2006 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Noah thanks for the photos.   The website for this optic states that the eye relief is about 3 inches.  Is that true?  Do you need to look through it like a scope or does it work more like a real red dot like aimpoint or eotech?

Thanks.
Lovesbeer99 (but shoots safe)
Link Posted: 11/15/2006 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#40]
FYI:
I called Bushnell and found out that the Dot size is 3 MOA.
Link Posted: 11/15/2006 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
FYI:
I called Bushnell and found out that the Dot size is 3 MOA.

3 MOA!  Cool.  Now hurry up and buy one so I can try it!

Ed
Link Posted: 11/29/2006 6:49:15 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Noah thanks for the photos.   The website for this optic states that the eye relief is about 3 inches.  Is that true?  Do you need to look through it like a scope or does it work more like a real red dot like aimpoint or eotech?

Thanks.
Lovesbeer99 (but shoots safe)

It doesn't seem to matter one way or another.  I can sight through it with my head back on the stock or hunched up close to the eyepiece.

Mine is mounted forward on a riser block which itself is mounted forward on the upper rail.  This leaves enough room for the MI A2 style BUIS to mount behind the riser.  If the optic dies, either the optic base screws or the riser block screws can be loosened for quick removal and leave the rear BUIS to do the job.

The Bushnell Trophy MP is on a Bushmaster M4gery and I had it out twice over the Thanksgiving weekend, with a total of four different people shooting at distances from 100 yards out to 400 meters (440 yds).  With the shooters setting the red or green dot to the color and intensity of their preference, they were able to hit their intended targets at ranges.  When I shot it, I had the red dot on "2" out of the 5 intensity settings and offhand using the sling under my forearm and tricep I was able to consistently hit a 4" x 5" section of rock projecting from the 200 yd berm as noted by a guy with a spotting scope at the next bench over.  I could tell it was hitting from the white dust puffs, but he confirmed it.

I also did the "other half of the experiment" and removed the MP from the riser block and reinstalled it, and took aim again at the same exposed chunk of rock.  Once again, dust puff after dust puff rose, as confirmed by the inquisitive and interested shooter at the next bench.

The "high speed" brand-conscious types may decry the Bushnell but it works for me and my 53 yr old eyes.  I'm not "high-speed" (I'm low-geared for power, not speed - LOL!) and I do not presume that the Bushnell MP is the equivalent of anything, but it's unmagnified optics, T-reticle, red/green color option and rugged cast alloy housing, and $167 price at the local dealer are exactly what I sought when I purchased the unit.  

Noah
Link Posted: 12/22/2006 2:27:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Update:  New pic showing the MP mounted forward on a riser block, with MI BUIS mounted and folded behind the riser.  This boosted the "T" reticle above the front sight so it no longer co-witnesses.  I found that while the co-witness of the MP with the front sight was dead-on, it was annoying at the range because the front sight blocked me from seeing anything below the reticle when sighting.  This IMO was detrimental to acquiring the target so the riser block went on.  Made a huge difference for me, and cheek weld is no problem with the small bit of rise added by the block.  Just takes a slight shift in where you place your cheek.  No, not that cheek.

Again, JMO and preference, YMMV and most likely does.

Noah
Link Posted: 12/26/2006 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#44]
I like it!
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 6:26:23 AM EDT
[#45]
This thing seems to be right up my alley.

I do kind of wish they didn't try to make it look like an ACOG though.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Just ordered mine. Anyone else have feedback on this optic. PICS!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 5:41:44 AM EDT
[#47]
I got a nice surprise for christmas, I forgot that this scope was on my santa list and it ended up under the tree..

I mounted it last night and like a lot of ppl not happy with how the front sight was in the way..

Noah (or anyone else) - Where did you find your rise? How much $?

thanks

Brian
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 6:25:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Brian:

It was like $15-$20 at a gun show.  

Noah
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Just bought one and it was defective (no ilumination even with new battery). Going to send it back for a exchange.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#50]
I too am interested.  So the front sight gets in the way without a riser?  One of the things I'm leary about is that its only 1x.  But I suppose using it at 50 yds. wouldn't need anymore magnification.  Right?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top