Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 11
Link Posted: 2/18/2008 6:18:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Look up about 8 posts.  I asked the same question.  The answer at this time seems to be: maybe The the REAL...Brit:  Did you get the email from Optics Planet telling you they are back ordered?  I just called telling them I was cancelling today because I found another retailer with the item.  They asked me to hold on until tomorrow to see if they could get it from another source.  5 minutes later... Ta dah!  Email confirming shipment.
Link Posted: 2/18/2008 7:14:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Look up about 8 posts.  I asked the same question.  The answer at this time seems to be: maybe

The the REAL...Brit:  Did you get the email from Optics Planet telling you they are back ordered?  I just called telling them I was cancelling today because I found another retailer with the item.  They asked me to hold on until tomorrow to see if they could get it from another source.  5 minutes later... Ta dah!  Email confirming shipment.

so you finally got it
Link Posted: 2/18/2008 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Well... it's on its way
Link Posted: 2/18/2008 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Look up about 8 posts.  I asked the same question.  The answer at this time seems to be: maybe

The the REAL...Brit:  Did you get the email from Optics Planet telling you they are back ordered?  I just called telling them I was cancelling today because I found another retailer with the item.  They asked me to hold on until tomorrow to see if they could get it from another source.  5 minutes later... Ta dah!  Email confirming shipment.

Nope.  I ordered after business hours Fri (early Sat am technically) and my order status is/was "ships in 2-3 days".  Checked it just now, no change.  If it's still like that tomorrow, I'll call them up.
Link Posted: 2/19/2008 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Well after analyzing my budget there is no way I could ever spend $1,000 or more For a Trijicon 4x32 ACOG scope so I bought a Bushnell MP also after reading all the great reviews and the price was right. When I first got back from Bushnell and placed it on my gun I noticed the lines were fuzzy, almost a blur, I asked 3 other people to look through it an what they thought.  I guess indoor lighting gives it a fuzzy effect. I took it back to my local Bushnell retailer and turned it on and it was fine. The showroom was surrounded by 3 giant wall windows, so I took it outside and it appeared perfect, so I thought I was loosing my mind, back home I went and indoors it does appear fuzzy, maybe it’s my eyes, but outdoors the three lines and dot looks crisp. Now I cant wait to get it sighted in at the range this weekend.

Has anyone else experienced the same blur effect
Link Posted: 2/19/2008 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well after analyzing my budget there is no way I could ever spend $1,000 or more For a Trijicon 4x32 ACOG scope so I bought a Bushnell MP also after reading all the great reviews and the price was right. When I first got back from Bushnell and placed it on my gun I noticed the lines were fuzzy, almost a blur, I asked 3 other people to look through it an what they thought.  I guess indoor lighting gives it a fuzzy effect. I took it back to my local Bushnell retailer and turned it on and it was fine. The showroom was surrounded by 3 giant wall windows, so I took it outside and it appeared perfect, so I thought I was loosing my mind, back home I went and indoors it does appear fuzzy, maybe it’s my eyes, but outdoors the three lines and dot looks crisp. Now I cant wait to get it sighted in at the range this weekend.

As a person who has never needed glasses it seems perfectly clear to me indoor and outdoor. Maybe you cant focus on something at that length, or try to keep both eyes open. Or was the brightness all the way up indoors?
Link Posted: 2/19/2008 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I would say a moderate light 60 watt bulbs indoors. I took it to work and we have halogen lights and I saw the same blur, my wife said she didn’t noticed it like I did. O well, I’ll only be shooting outdoors anyway.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 6:04:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I received mine yesterday and it has the same blur effect as yours inside and out.  Also, mine was "blessed" with added lines...  Rather than having single lines at the 3,6 and 9 o'clock positions, I had 3@3, 3@6 and only 2@9.  With a very fuzzy center dot at all reticule intensities.  This just ain't right and I'm hoping it was just a bad or damaged scope.  Needless to say, this is on it's way back to the dealer and will be swapped out for one that "hopefully" works.

I've cut a few financial corners before as far as optics and sights.  I've been pretty lucky in finding some lower cost, but decent quality items.  But in this case I'm begining to have my doubts.  If the next sight turns out the same way, I'll just use my irons until I win the lottery and can afford one of the top line systems...
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#9]
So I just recieved my optic.  Should it have the battery in it?...  I thought so.  Optics Planet had no idea why it didn't, so they are sending a replacement... the wrong size!!!  I emailed them to point this out... haven't heard back.ETA: Update- Called Bushnell directly.  If customer service is ever a question when buying an optic, go with Bushnell!  Luther answered the call and was very efficient with fixing the problem.  I will buy their products again.
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Just got mine today, however, the "T" is not level (horizonal) with the scope.
Is there an adjustment I can make?
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 1:50:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So I just recieved my optic.  Should it have the battery in it?...  I thought so.  Optics Planet had no idea why it didn't, so they are sending a replacement... the wrong size!!!  I emailed them to point this out... haven't heard back.  

ETA: Update- Called Bushnell directly.  If customer service is ever a question when buying an optic, go with Bushnell!  Luther answered the call and was very efficient with fixing the problem.  I will buy their products again.

When I got mine the battery was in a selaed bag seperate from the scope but in the box, also got an allen wrench but cant find a use for it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 2:51:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Got mine today, (sealed bag with battery, no allen wrench) which isn't bad at all, as I only ordered it from Opticsplanet on the 16th and paid for standard UPS shipping.

In order to get it to co-witness with my YHM rear BUIS I had to mount it with the front 1/2" of the mounting rail protruding off my flat-top upper over the handguard.  The nut with the crossbolt is on the rail though, so it shouldn't affect the rigidity too much, if it does I'll have to get a riser of some sort.

My reticle has a very small amount of "halo" or "fuzz" indoors but is very crisp when taken outside away from light bulbs, even at night.

I think I might have to get another one of these for my Mossberg.  I mounted it on there before I got out the Loctite and the AR and it was a damn nice setup.  Of course if you believe the box, thie Trophy is for shotguns and -handguns-!  A little large/heavy for a handgun scope if you ask me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 3:26:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I’m afraid my issue could be just me, my wife didn’t see the blur but I did, but outdoors it was fine .
I hope I’m not loosing it yet. I have a Tasco pro point on order also with just a dot
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I’m afraid my issue could be just me, my wife didn’t see the blur but I did, but outdoors it was fine .
I hope I’m not loosing it yet. I have a Tasco pro point on order also with just a dot

May be a perfect excuse to buy an eotech, dont want to have a shooting accident seeing a fuzy crosshair.
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Do you have their phone number for Bushnell?

Quoted:
So I just recieved my optic.  Should it have the battery in it?...  I thought so.  Optics Planet had no idea why it didn't, so they are sending a replacement... the wrong size!!!  I emailed them to point this out... haven't heard back.  

ETA: Update- Called Bushnell directly.  If customer service is ever a question when buying an optic, go with Bushnell!  Luther answered the call and was very efficient with fixing the problem.  I will buy their products again.
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

When you use it indoors your eye ends up focusing on the reticle which makes it blurry.

The idea is to look through the optic.

Look at a point on the wall about 8-10 feet away and bring the optic into your line of sight.  Stay focused on the point.
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 1:23:08 AM EDT
[#17]
What type of mount did you have for the Bushnell Red dot?  I'm looking to purchase the same red dot for my flat top AR.
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 5:55:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Do you have their phone number for Bushnell?

I googled it.  I believe it's 8003257336.
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 6:22:39 AM EDT
[#19]
I owe a formal apology to Optics Planet.  The battery fell out of the box when I unwrapped it yesterday.  Yes... I'm an idiot and I deserve all kinds of flaming.  The sight is fully functioning and is excellent.  Going to the range tonight.
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Does anyone have any more info on the rear magnifier from an ACOG bolting up to the Bushnell???

TIA
Mark in St. Louis
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 8:00:22 AM EDT
[#21]
height=8
Quoted:

I've noticed the same thing and can't figure out how to fix/adjust it either
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 9:58:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Just went out and shot with it.  It was almost zeroed out of the box!  Just shooting 1 inch left at 25 yds (I usually do that with irons when I start getting tired anyway).  The grouping I got was better than I thought I was going to get.  I am satisfied.  No it's not an EOTech but for under $140?  Bushnell is not a new comer to game either, so it is a buy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Does any of the packaging indicate where these are made?  I'm assuming China, though someone said Korea at one time.  It would be good to know for sure.

Also, what's the warranty on these?  Most of Bushnell's electronic gear is 2 year (like the Holosight), so is this warranteed as a scope or red dot?

Link Posted: 2/22/2008 11:29:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Way back near the beging it was stated they are made in Korea, which is much better than China, but not quite as good as Japan.
I will be ordering two or three of these next week. Anybody know of someplace who gives a quantity discount? Wonder if we can get a group buy and some of these?
NCH
Link Posted: 2/22/2008 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Does any of the packaging indicate where these are made?  I'm assuming China, though someone said Korea at one time.  It would be good to know for sure.

Also, what's the warranty on these?  Most of Bushnell's electronic gear is 2 year (like the Holosight), so is this warranteed as a scope or red dot?

I know a dealer and he told me that they are all made in China now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2008 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#26]
I see you can buy it right from bushnell at a high price.  www.shopbushnell.com/product_detail.asp?T1=BSN+730132P&.
They have it for $238.95    What a mark up
Link Posted: 2/22/2008 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I see you can buy it right from bushnell at a high price.  www.shopbushnell.com/product_detail.asp?T1=BSN+730132P&.
They have it for $238.95    What a mark up

Damn....
Considering I paid $135 I think I got a pretty fricking good deal!
Thank you optics planet!

I love mine, no problems with it whatsoever, zero all most to easily and I was blasting milk jugs at 25 to 50 yards just as easily.
My buddy after shooting it said "its sweet, shooting with it is like playing Halo." It makes it that easy to aim with it.

If only it were magnified..... hint, hint!
Link Posted: 2/22/2008 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Likewise, although I paid a whole $3 more than you did :)

Link Posted: 2/22/2008 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#29]
What the hell I went the cheaper rout and got all 3, and love them all Optical planet.com
Bushnell Trophy 1.75x4x32
Bushnell MP
Tasco powerpoint red Dot

All for under $300.00

Link Posted: 2/22/2008 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What the hell I went the cheaper rout and got all 3, and love them all Optical planet.com
Bushnell Trophy 1.75x4x32
Bushnell MP
Tasco powerpoint red Dot

All for under $300.00

i175.photobucket.com/albums/w156/glockster357/IMG_1139.jpg
i175.photobucket.com/albums/w156/glockster357/IMG_1136.jpg
i175.photobucket.com/albums/w156/glockster357/IMG_1140-1.jpg

i175.photobucket.com/albums/w156/glockster357/IMG_1142.jpg[/quote

Now just get 2 more rifles for those lonely scopes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2008 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#31]
its in the works, I plan to do a couple build jobs. I cant see spending more on optics than a New AR-15
Link Posted: 2/22/2008 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
its in the works, I plan to do a couple build jobs. I cant see spending more on optics than a New AR-15

I think the norm is twice as much on optics then the whole rifle.
Link Posted: 2/22/2008 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

See if I -had- the money to spare I'd buy the ACOG in a heartbeat.

But when I try and order one, the bit where you enter your credit card number just laughs and me and hides behind a picture of an empty wallet......
Link Posted: 2/22/2008 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Someday that’s is my goal, but for now I get Bushnell at employee pricing so I can’t go wrong with that. all 3  for under $300
Link Posted: 2/22/2008 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#35]
height=8
Quoted:
Finally got mine last night, I had also ordered a rear folding sight and it co witnesses exactly in the center of the scope. I did the look down bore by eye and the crosshair lined up perfectly at 35 yards measured out. Will see how it does at the range next week. One thing I did was sanded the stupid white logo off the side of the scope and the knob. Of course on the scope it wore away the metal too much so I had to spray paint it. Used a semi flat black and it matches perfectly. One trick I did was used chapstick on a toothpick and filled in the white iron sight dots so after I painted the scope I just wiped away the chapstick and the dots reappeared.>>
i117.photobucket.com/albums/o56/mikegigabyte/AUT_0146.jpg
i117.photobucket.com/albums/o56/mikegigabyte/AUT_0142.jpg

nice pics and nice set up...could you tell me where could I find that rear sight you got in there........thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 2/22/2008 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Finally got mine last night, I had also ordered a rear folding sight and it co witnesses exactly in the center of the scope. I did the look down bore by eye and the crosshair lined up perfectly at 35 yards measured out. Will see how it does at the range next week. One thing I did was sanded the stupid white logo off the side of the scope and the knob. Of course on the scope it wore away the metal too much so I had to spray paint it. Used a semi flat black and it matches perfectly. One trick I did was used chapstick on a toothpick and filled in the white iron sight dots so after I painted the scope I just wiped away the chapstick and the dots reappeared.>>
i117.photobucket.com/albums/o56/mikegigabyte/AUT_0146.jpg
i117.photobucket.com/albums/o56/mikegigabyte/AUT_0142.jpg

nice pics and nice set up...could you tell me where could I find that rear sight you got in there........thanks in advance...

Check page 14 near bottom   I answered that question before
Link Posted: 2/22/2008 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#37]
thanks a heap.......
Link Posted: 2/23/2008 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks to this thread I just ordered my MP from optic planet. I hope it is in stock, they didn't say on the site.  I just did some trading for a DPMS sweet 16 rifle and I think this will be a perfect optic for it.
NCH
Link Posted: 2/23/2008 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#39]
I found that Opticplanet.com is very close to wholesale price and no tax and free shipping
Link Posted: 2/23/2008 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Well I sacked up for one to try out. I came across them online before seeing this thread. Read up on it and it seemed like a decent optic for the money. I am going to try it out on both the AR and maybe even my 10/22
Link Posted: 2/23/2008 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Tried the Bushnell Trophy, but way too much parallax.  Every time I moved my head, the T moved.  Sent it back.
Link Posted: 2/24/2008 4:09:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Has anyone tried mounting one of these to a Goosepoint rail? I have a A2 non removeable handle and want to mount this scope on it. The top of the rail is to high. It appears that the rail will cover up have the optic if I use this mount. Please advise.
Thanks
NCH
Link Posted: 2/24/2008 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I am thinking about picking on of these up for a flat top M4. How are they holding up for you guys after a few weeks? What is the battery life like? Any gripes?  It was between this a a simple 4X scope but I think I will like this more for the price. How does it Co-witness? Thanks a lot.
Link Posted: 2/24/2008 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Mine co-witnesses great with my YHM buis's.  The T is nicely visible even with the sights up.
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#45]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

I've noticed the same thing and can't figure out how to fix/adjust it eitherhis
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've noticed the same thing and can't figure out how to fix/adjust it either

Anyone, I guess I'll just send it back as this would bother me.

could it be possible your iron sight was put on crooked, or put the scope on a level surface ant try to line it up with a level in a distance. The way it seems to work is there is a very small led its possible it has been put in crooked during factory assembly but try to see if its level off the rifle. Could you supply a pic of this.
Link Posted: 2/26/2008 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Why choose the MP Trophy over the Bushnell Holosight (EOTech clone)?  I've never used either.  I'd be plinking outdoors between 25 and 100 yards, mostly.  How are the two different?  Both sights can be used with both eyes open, correct?  
Link Posted: 2/26/2008 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#48]
The new model of the Bushnell Holosight is out of stock till April. Mine is on order, even employees can’t get them until then, there might me some of the first generation out their left

Link Posted: 2/26/2008 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#49]
I just took a long hard look at my Trophy MP and mine too has a crooked reticle.

I had thought it was the uneven legs on the mount that was the problem, but when you reference the T against the rest of the scope, it's a few degrees canted to the right.

Wish I had noticed this before I started modding my Mossberg mount to accomodate what I thought was a tricky mount :(

Guess I get to try out Bushnell's customer service line tomorrow, as Opticsplanet has a "too bad, contact the manufacturer" policy on scopes.
Link Posted: 2/26/2008 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Why choose the MP Trophy over the Bushnell Holosight (EOTech clone)?  I've never used either.  I'd be plinking outdoors between 25 and 100 yards, mostly.  How are the two different?  Both sights can be used with both eyes open, correct?  

The price, if the holosight was the price of the trophy mp I would of rather had that one.
Page / 11
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top