Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2007 5:07:09 PM EDT
I was all set on buying the Super Sniper for my New AR-10 and I went to the local shop.  They said that the Bushnell 3200 10X40 will perform as well or better than the Super Sniper 10X42.  Anyone here have some hands one experience with both of these scopes that can give me an opinion?  Is the super sniper worth the additional $100???

Thanks
Chris
Link Posted: 7/9/2007 5:10:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I dropped my Bushnell 3200 10x40 from chest level onto concrete.

It held zero just fine!  
Link Posted: 7/9/2007 6:38:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I compared those exact scope side-by-side and after weeks of research and objective analysis I went with the Super Sniper. I am totally happy and would do the same again.

The Bushnell is a fine piece and I am not here to say that it is not worth every penny they ask for it...I am just saying that in a side-by-side comparison I went with the SS 10x42 and would do it again.

If you are looking for something a little more compact - the Bushy is for you. If you want a scope with a bit more meat on the bone - the SS is the one.

Link Posted: 7/9/2007 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I compared those exact scope side-by-side and after weeks of research and objective analysis I went with the Super Sniper. I am totally happy and would do the same again.

The Bushnell is a fine piece and I am not here to say that it is not worth every penny they ask for it...I am just saying that in a side-by-side comparison I went with the SS 10x42 and would do it again.

If you are looking for something a little more compact - the Bushy is for you. If you want a scope with a bit more meat on the bone - the SS is the one.

Defiantly not worried about the size (going on a 24" SS AR-10).
I'm leaning toward the Super Sniper, its just a lot easier to get the bushnell.....I'm starting to really feel that trigger finger itch, becuase I have yet to shoot this rifle.  I just wish I could get the Super Siper local so I didnt have to wait....lol....oh well

anyone have any more input
Link Posted: 7/9/2007 10:21:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I own both and 3200 optic was more clear.  Sold the SS 10x42M b/c the knobs are very smushy, the glass was ok for the money, ended up with the IOR 16x42 and never look back.  If I have to choose one again between the two, I would go with the 3200, optics are much more clearer, the knobs are positve and audible.
Link Posted: 7/10/2007 7:15:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Bushnell Elite 3200 10x is a very decent scope, here some crapy pixs, but you can still see.

100 yards.

200 yards.

500 yards.

600 yards.

I've up graded to a variable 8-40x56 with turret knobs and side focus knob, but will still hang onto this scope for a back up.

TG
Link Posted: 7/10/2007 8:01:58 AM EDT
[#6]
My brother was just mulling over the same decision.  He ended up going with the variable powered elite tactical
I think the scope is hard to beat in that price range.

norris
Link Posted: 7/10/2007 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I really like my bushnell.

Its on my long range 556 AR, and it works perfectly.  It isn't exactly babied either.

For 180 bucks, its impossible to beat that scope.
Link Posted: 7/10/2007 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#8]
For $175 the Bushnell is one hell of a scope. Ask yourself what ranges you will be shooting at. Use the extra money saved to buy more ammo.

USNCORPSMAN

Link Posted: 7/10/2007 3:05:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Did the same dance about 3 months ago.  Ordered a 16x SS from SWFA and it was a nice scope all around.  I returned it in exchange for a variable Bushnell Elite 4200.  For me the variable power is a better all around option. The 4200 is extremely bright and clear.

It really depends on what you will use the scope for, but either one offers good quality & value.
Link Posted: 7/10/2007 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got the 4200 6-24X MilDot on a Savage 300 RUM and love it. I also have 2, 3200 3-9x's that are on two deer rifles that get bounced around the camp and the truck and  have never fogged or lost zero.

My next scope will be for my RRA 18" Varmint in a Bushnell 3200 5-15x MilDot with smaller targer knobs. That should should be a good marriage or equipment.
Link Posted: 7/10/2007 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Guys....all getting OT

The choice is Bushnell or SS

It is SS hands down

It is used by the military.  So called mushy knobs are easily fixed if you care to do some research.

They are built like tanks.
Link Posted: 7/10/2007 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I have had a SS.  It was ok.  Knobs were still mushy after replacing the o-rings.  Can easily find a clearer scope for the same price.  The selling point is the available elevation and windage adjustment.  That only matters though if you really plan to use it  at ranges out to 700yds or so and beyond.
Link Posted: 7/12/2007 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have had a SS.  It was ok.  Knobs were still mushy after replacing the o-rings.  Can easily find a clearer scope for the same price.  The selling point is the available elevation and windage adjustment.  That only matters though if you really plan to use it  at ranges out to 700yds or so and beyond.

I took the o-rings off completely as I'm not shooting underwater/ extreme conditions. Turrets nice and clicky now.  The only reason I will change is the 10x is too much for CQB / FIBUA matches.
Link Posted: 7/12/2007 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Im debating almost the same thing right now myself. I need glass for my AP4. At first, I really wanted power up to 16x at least, but the more I considered the range I would use the rifle for (inside of 200yds) I think that I will be more than happy with a straight 10x. That being said, I still havent made up my mind between the Bushy, or the SS.
Link Posted: 7/12/2007 4:52:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I took the o-rings off completely as I'm not shooting underwater/ extreme conditions. Turrets nice and clicky now.  The only reason I will change is the 10x is too much for CQB / FIBUA matches.

Thanks for the tip Bus_pass, I'll try that.

BTW, is your sigline the Fibonacci Sequence?
Link Posted: 8/27/2007 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Im going to bump this instead of starting a new thread since Im milling over the SS and the bushy myself. What I have decided on is going with a Larue mount, what height? Again not sure, could use some help on that too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2007 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I ended up getting the SuperSniper 10x with rear focus from Samplelist.com. To go with that, I purchases a LaRue SPR-E mount.

For a person my size, typically shooting NTCH or nearly as close, it works. Sure, it's not all the way forward, but I have more than enough room either direction.
Link Posted: 8/27/2007 9:09:56 PM EDT
[#18]
that 3200 is a hard act to follow at under $200.00. I would be happy with the bushnell and some coin left over for ammo . I bet the Bushnell is more than tough enough for your needs. in It's day the SS was Quite a scope ,but you should try them both and see for yourself . If you search you may be able to get the 3200 for $159.00 . THE SS is a SWAFA exclusive so you can't shop it ,the price is the price. never been a fan of no choice ,kind of takes the free out of free market .I'm  not knocking Swafa or the SS just the way an old fart sees it .bang for the buck with out a doubt the 3200.
Link Posted: 8/28/2007 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm actually looking at a 3200 myself.  I figure it would be a nice place to start for glass on an AR.

I'm considering mounting it with an RRA mount.
Link Posted: 8/29/2007 1:57:39 AM EDT
[#20]
SS
Link Posted: 8/29/2007 8:42:45 AM EDT
[#21]
I've owned both,and I still own the Bushnell 3200 10x. I compared mine side by side and the Bushnell seemed clearer and is more compact,holds zero on my .300 mag and is always consistent when I make adjustments. The SS was also a great scope and held zero,but the size,clarity and price won me over on the Bushnell,I will buy another for my .243
Link Posted: 11/4/2007 8:25:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Bump as I have the same question.  Is the 3200 a 1" tube or 30mm?
Link Posted: 11/4/2007 11:28:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

The 3200 has a 1" tube.
All models of the SS have 30mm tubes. Obviously, the SS has more W/E elevation.

My 10x Super Sniper has been ridiculously accurate and reliable. Best $300 bucks I ever spent.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 1:39:21 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The 3200 has a 1" tube.
All models of the SS have 30mm tubes. Obviously, the SS has more W/E elevation.

My 10x Super Sniper has been ridiculously accurate and reliable. Best $300 bucks I ever spent.

I'm with cheaptrick.  SS is the best $300.00 ever.  Accurate like a mo-fo.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top