Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/15/2005 7:56:03 PM EDT
Guys, for those you Surefire owner had this happened before?...went to unscrew/rescrew the 6P's bezel and went to push button on the light...the bulb flashed and died.

This is the 2nd time my 6p bulb had died.  It is a new P60 bulb purchased 2 weeks ago and my 2nd time using it, since new bulb had installed.  

Does unscrewing/rescrewing the bezel generate some kind of static electricity that when you push-button on light, that it destroys the bulb?

Had the 1st original bulb for 5 years since purchasing this Surefire 6P light 5 years ago...not a problem until now; the bulb I had for 5 years also went dead like this new one.

Please Help...havent' called Surefire about this yet...but until then..thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#1]
You should be making this post in the Lights and Lasers forum. You'll get much more activity there then you will here.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have answer for your problem but I have never had a bulb blow on me and I have taken my light apart qiute a few times.   Obviously it should not blow everytime you take it apart so I would just send it back to Surefire and have them fix it or send you a new one.  I would also send back the blown bulbs.

You also should post it in the lights and lasers forum like Matt B said, you will get better answers over there.  Calvin from Brightflashlights usally post over there and he would be able to give you a better answer more likely than any one here,
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Guys...thanks for the suggestions...I must have overlooked the light and laser forum as I was looking for it, was wondering why I didn't see it...lol...

Thank you much!

Moderator, please lock this one as I have reposted in the appropriate forum; my apology for any problem.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top