Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2005 12:15:30 AM EDT
Which do you prefer for a M4 and why?
thanks
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 8:32:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a MOUT with a GG&G attach point, I like the quick diconnect, I use 1 sling on 4 weapons, I also like the fact that the buckle is plastic, not metal like the HK style.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 10:53:20 AM EDT
[#2]
i also like the mout but have recently switched over to the blueforcegear single point udc.

got mine from gandrtactical, here

the regular single point sling adapter usually catches my fingers when charging my rifle cause it sat too high up, i now run the hk sling hooks. i have a m.o.u.t. laying around if you are intrested, could save a few bucks. im me.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 3:05:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a MOUT with a GG&G attach point, I like the quick diconnect, I use 1 sling on 4 weapons, I also like the fact that the buckle is plastic, not metal like the HK style.

I have the same setup on my M4gery and HD shotgun.  The QD is nice...I leave the short part attached, and if I get the M4gery out of the safe for cleaning or a quick look, the whole length of the sling isn't flopping all around.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 3:08:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i also like the mout but have recently switched over to the blueforcegear single point udc.

the regular single point sling adapter usually catches my fingers when charging my rifle cause it sat too high up, i now run the hk sling hooks. i have a m.o.u.t. laying around if you are intrested, could save a few bucks. im me.

IM sent
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 3:16:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IM sent

hey your im's are turned off. edit profile and turn it on.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IM sent

sorry did not know I had to activate it.
done deal it is on

hey your im's are turned off. edit profile and turn it on.

Link Posted: 11/24/2005 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not a fan of single point slings anymore, but I have owned several MOUTS. I went with them becuase of the quick diconnect. I purchased extra mount attachments and had just one sling for several carbines.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm not a fan of single point slings anymore, but I have owned several MOUTS. I went with them becuase of the quick diconnect. I purchased extra mount attachments and had just one sling for several carbines.

I got sick of single point slings and got rid of all of them until I tried the Jtrusty ASP single point.  The rest of them I've got no use for, but Jason seems to have figured it out.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 10:06:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got sick of single point slings and got rid of all of them until I tried the Jtrusty ASP single point.  The rest of them I've got no use for, but Jason seems to have figured it out.

Thanks for the heads up. I will have to go check out the ASP sling.

Subzero has a CSM single point that I think is top of the line.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I was going to ask why you picked those two slings and not looking at the ASP.  Stickman beat me to it.

Give Jason a call and he will set you up.  He will even come to your house and install it for free of charge (well maybe not - but he is defitely a great guy to deal with).
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I was going to ask why you picked those two slings and not looking at the ASP.  Stickman beat me to it.

Give Jason a call and he will set you up.  He will even come to your house and install it for free of charge (well maybe not - but he is defitely a great guy to deal with).

Thanks for the info and suggestions. Got a link to that sling?
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info and suggestions. Got a link to that sling?

Sure, and it looks like he is even having a sale right now.

www.jtrusty.com/?page=shop/browse

Here is even a picture to go along with it.

Link Posted: 11/26/2005 4:20:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Again, stickman beat me to it.  Give him a call today and you will probably have it Tuesday or Wednesday.  He has the attachment points as well.  Do not forget to get the extra attachments for you other weapons.  I have it on my 870 as well so I can use the same sling and just do a quick hook-up to either weapon.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Why do you not like the HK style?
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 5:35:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Go with the jtrusty. I have 1 and just ordered another one for another sniper on our team!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 10:34:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Stickman (or anyone with info)...a stupid question about the DD EZ and ASP (single point mounts that mount on the buffer tube and not with a different endplate).

Do you think that these mounts increase the chance of buffer tube damage, because of the increased leverage put on the tube, because of it being further from the receiver than an endplate mount?
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Being that close to the reciever and captured by the castle nut - it is very stable.  I would think you would bend the tab before you would damage the tube or stock.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 11:42:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Hayseed...thank you for the response.  
But, actually I'm talking about the EZ "clamp-on" type that's not captured by the castle nut vs endplate type...as pictured in Stickman's photo.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#21]
oops - sorry

Cannot speak of that.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 4:00:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'm talking about the EZ "clamp-on" type that's not captured by the castle nut vs endplate type...as pictured in Stickman's photo.

No, I see nothing that would cause damage.  If you mean cripming, or bending the tube, the level of impact would have to be severe, and I mean much more than just full contact strikes to a person.

As Jason was nice enough to point out, I also use it as a stop.  

Here is another picture in case it helps....

Link Posted: 12/4/2005 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Jason and Stick...thank you...that's what I needed to know.

I was mainly concerned about a bent buffer tube caused by transitions and heavy tension on the sling.  I was never concerned with a different endplate since it was so close to the receiver, but the clamping model made me wonder.
Thanks again, guys.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top