Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/31/2006 7:36:56 PM EDT
I'm looking for a high quality 2 point sling (nylon)

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:35:11 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

The "M-60" sling from Bushmaster available with 1" or 1.25" webbing with metal buckles and padded shoulder strap is actually a pretty nice 2 point sling for $12.95.
M60 Machinegun Sling

Here's mine on a 20".

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:17:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out the viking tactics or V-tac.  Available @ Brownells.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:41:29 PM EDT
[#3]
How bout an IFD sling
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:10:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#5]
thank you guys
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Check out Wilderness Tactical.  I have them on all three of my AR's.  No parts or mods needed to install them.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:58:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Blue Force/DSG 2-point with firing extension and metal HK hooks

dsgarms.com/images/DSG2PTCB600wmk.jpg
dsgarms.com/images/DSG2PTBK600wmk.jpg
dsgarms.com/images/DSG2PTOD600wmk.jpg

+1

I liked that 2-point when I had my rifle setup that way. Now I stick with a single-point, though.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm bumping this becasue I too am looking for a two piont sling and would like some more info, what do the blue force gear and  Wilderness Tactical have over the inproved IDF sling?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a Boonie Packer 2P on my patrol carbine. You can see one here. It's really easy to transition from strong to weak side. I can even put my arm through the front "loop" and use it as a hasty sling for distance shots.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:48:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The "M-60" sling from Bushmaster available with 1" or 1.25" webbing with metal buckles and padded shoulder strap is actually a pretty nice 2 point sling for $12.95.
M60 Machinegun Sling

I think this is what I'm going to go with, it looks simple and comfortable, two things I have found that the several tactical slings I have tried in the last few weeks were not. I think my second choice would be the BFG, if only it had some padding.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:02:17 AM EDT
[#12]
CavReconScout, tell me more about the Boonie Packer sling.  I was considering one of those but all the different attachments have me confused.  Which version did you get?  

I've tried to hook up the silent sling on top using some velcro straps I found in a junk pile at work but the sling is just a little bit too short.  They have the QC16CON which looks like it's designed to do what I was trying to do.  It must add some to the length.  The 2P page mentions transitions, so it must be more complicated.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#14]
actually i went to strapworks.com and bought some of their nylon and then went to dsgarms.com and bought some of their "HK" style hook and had them sewn at both ends with a slide at the barrel end to adjust and whalaa!!! i guess it's like a M60 sling with bigger "balls" and it was under $20.00
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got a 2P with the 1 1/2" wide webbing. I'm currently running it with a "silent sling front mount" and a "M4 stock attachment" at the rear. It just depends on what configuration rifle or carbine you are running. Send or post a picture of what you're running or give them a call, they were very helpful going over all the configurations they offered. If you would like to see my setup I can take a picture when I get to work tomorrow.

I like it because I run the sling over my strong side shoulder, muzzle down to my weak side. If I have to go hands on, or cuff someone, I run it around my back and have it muzzle up. It is super easy to extend the sling for transitioning to my weakside, and then securing it back. And because it is a two point it's not always snagging on my duty belt or chest harness when I change the carbine's position.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
CavReconScout, tell me more about the Boonie Packer sling.  I was considering one of those but all the different attachments have me confused.  Which version did you get?  

I've tried to hook up the silent sling on top using some velcro straps I found in a junk pile at work but the sling is just a little bit too short.  They have the QC16CON which looks like it's designed to do what I was trying to do.  It must add some to the length.  The 2P page mentions transitions, so it must be more complicated.

I checked out your link. We use to do the same thing with 550 cord. It just moves your sling to the top of the stock and forearm. How long is your sling?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:40:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
... Send or post a picture of what you're running or give them a call, they were very helpful going over all the configurations they offered. If you would like to see my setup I can take a picture when I get to work tomorrow. ...  It is super easy to extend the sling for transitioning to my weakside, and then securing it back. ...

Mine is a CavArms with normal mid-length HGs.  The front would be the same as a 20" rifle.  The rear would probably be the same as an A2 stock, but without the part that goes to the swivel.  Or maybe the through-the-slot M4 types would work, but the slot is much lower than on a collapsable.  They seem to have more than one attachment for each type though.  I was thinking the front converter and rilfe conveter would work, but I think the kinds you're using would be easier on/off, which would be good since mine is mostly a range rifle where I would probably take it off to keep it out of the way.  

A picture of the adjustments in the middle would be nice.  That isn't really shown on their site.

I checked out your link. We use to do the same thing with 550 cord. It just moves your sling to the top of the stock and forearm. How long is your sling?
I want to say 54" but I don't really remember.  I'll have to go measure it again.  I picked it up at a gun show for $3 and I think it's an issue silent sling.  Looks more like cotton than the ones that came with my BM and Colt, but I think it's nylon.  The loops I was using were just velcro with a D ring at one end.  Looped around the HGs or stock, through the ring, then back on itself.  I then looped the end of the sling under the strap and back through the "8" thing (tri-glide?).  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
How bout an IFD sling

HECK YES!
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top