Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/18/2006 8:42:01 AM EDT
I am tying to decide on either a BlackHawk ZM or a CSM single point sling.  Input needed on your experiences  with either one of these slings.   I am currently using a Troy with a standard single point sling attachement.  Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:51:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Forgive me for my ignorance but that sling you have stick, does that just go around you neck or shoulder and that's it?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:13:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Stick,

Might I inquire as to where you got that sling and about how much they run?

Jeremy
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:24:36 AM EDT
[#4]
This will answer your questions Robbie and Olboy:

ASP Sling Link

Like Stickman , I love my ASP and highly recommend it.  Despite its thin webring - it is commfy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:46:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Stick,

Might I inquire as to where you got that sling and about how much they run?

Jeremy

I can only find them at this website.

Here's a thread on it too.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:09:56 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 for Jason and TAG.  The ASP is the shiznit.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I have been looking at getting the Specter MOUT.  I already have a Vltor sling mount.  Do you all reccomend the ASP over the MOUT?  Any reason inparticular or just preference?  I'm a pretty big guy so the wide straps on the MOUT looked like they'd be more comfy.  The MOUT has the detachable option as does the ASP and without having them both to try out I'm just trying to gather as much info as possible.  

Thanks for he input so far.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:36:48 PM EDT
[#9]
if you run a pc or vest.
the BFG  modular single point aling is da sheeeuuut.
the most comfortable sinlgle point sling i've got so far.
www.blueforcegear.com/product.cfm?type=cat&cat_id=5&prod_id=73

meat
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Just installed a 1 point tag this weekend on My M4.  Very impressed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:08:20 AM EDT
[#11]
tag
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:48:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Get the CSM sing point.  the sling is solid and comfy!!!  I use it myself.  Great design ny Medic Mike.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I like the looks of the ASP sling.  What is the consensus on a mount for the sling?  IOW what would be a good piece to mount it to the rifle?  Just get one of the mounts here.?  http://www.jtrusty.com/?page=shop/browse&category=mountingsolutions
I've seen them on other sites.  Just wandering what everyone prefers?

Also, waht are the advantages/disadvantages regarding getting the Accessory stub or hook snap?  Is one better than the other?

thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I use the Daniel Defense burnsed loop on my duty weapons.  I like it for its low profile, and lack of sharp edges.  I am not a fan at all of the HK style snaps.  

Yup, just picked up a DD burnsed loop and ASP sling from John this past week.

First time I've ever used a sling before and I like it. It'll take some training and usage to get use to it, but for the most part, this combo is great. Plus, the price isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:47:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
+1 for Jason and TAG.  The ASP is the shiznit.

+2
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I use the Daniel Defense burnsed loop on my duty weapons.  I like it for its low profile, and lack of sharp edges.  I am not a fan at all of the HK style snaps.  

How come?  Is it a noisy set-up?  Reason I'm asking is because I just ordered an ASP sling with the HK hook (the end plate will be from MI).     I suppose I should've researched this more thoroughly before buying.  Oh well.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the input!  Great costumer service I must say!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:02:21 AM EDT
[#21]
That's why I said he's the shiznit.
As for HK hooks, I don't like them because they make noise, the gate will spring eventually, they don't always ride real well (best way I can put it), and operating the gate can be a pain sometimes.  Not worried about scratches at all.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:37:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I think the ASP is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Just ordered one... Can't wait to try it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:30:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Another BIG +1 for Jason and ASP sling. Excellent Customer Service and great product.

MN
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:21:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Well Stick, after reading all of your posts and hearing all of the praise for the ASP, I ordered my first about 5 minutes ago from Tactical Solutions.  I have ordered 2 MIADs from them and service has been great so I am expecting more of the same!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I think the ASP is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Just ordered one... Can't wait to try it.

Received. Initial impression is that it is a winner. Seems to be an EXTREMELY well made, HIGH quality piece. I also like the single point concept a lot better than I do the other two/three/convertible slings I've tried so far. Will be putting it through it's paces over the next two weeks in Patrol Rifle training. I can see me ordering a couple more stubs for other guns if I'm as happy with it "real world" in this class as I was just trying it on/out today.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Received. Initial impression is that it is a winner. Seems to be an EXTREMELY well made, HIGH quality piece. I also like the single point concept a lot better than I do the other two/three/convertible slings I've tried so far. Will be putting it through it's paces over the next two weeks in Patrol Rifle training. I can see me ordering a couple more stubs for other guns if I'm as happy with it "real world" in this class as I was just trying it on/out today.

Using the sling in class today and so far I love it. Also love free ammo and gettin' paid overtime to burn it up!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:52:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Using the sling in class today and so far I love it.

Glad to hear its performing to your expectations.

Now how about some action shots.

I took a few photos at the range, but none of me, and none of the sling. Photochop material for the squad room, ya know? I'll try to get a few shots of a co-worker in action with it. I don't allow pics to be taken of me, if I can help it.

Oh, and I like the sling better the more I use it. Gotta get some stubs for other guns soon. Want one for my issue shotgun, my personal shotgun, and an extra for the Remington 7615 "POLICE" .223 that they are issuing. I'll probably pick up an extra sling too, just so I can leave this one on the AR in the case.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I like the attachment for the HK hook, or more correctly I don't like the wide loop for the standard single point setup.  It takes up too much space and sticks out too much.   I'm looking at the HK hook or the Tac-Link swivel attachment for the placement and size of the attachment point.

TS
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I like the attachment for the HK hook, or more correctly I don't like the wide loop for the standard single point setup.  It takes up too much space and sticks out too much.   I'm looking at the HK hook or the Tac-Link swivel attachment for the placement and size of the attachment point.

TS

There is no way the DD loop sticks out farther than the HK ring.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TS

There is no way the DD loop sticks out farther than the HK ring.

Which DD loop are you talking about?  The standard burnsed loop?  The HK loop is a small ring and sticks out at an angle at the bottom of the lower.  The standard loop sticks out to the left (for right handers) in a straight fashion.

TS
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:52:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Yup, burnsed loop.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:03:41 AM EDT
[#34]
I must say, Jason's ASP sling is excellent!  But even as fine as it is, it doesn't compare to his customer service.

I just installed mine the other day, and was gonna carry it during a local parade, but the Chief of Police didn't really want any long guns displayed in the crowd,  even tho' we were expecting a retaliatory shooting to take place.  Boo....I didn't get to try out my new ASP sling and show off my black rifle.... hinking.gif
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:11:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
ASP Single Point Sling,

Stickman

I noticed how you mounted the DD (or similar) rear sling swivel. I have one and haven't mounted it yet because I thought it was designed to fit flush against the castle nut.

However, doing so would almost surely forever damage the threads on my buffer tube. How many positions does this set up lose? More than 1?

Any damage to the buffer tube with the set-screw?

TIA
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#36]

I thought it was designed to fit flush against the castle nut.

It was, however, you can mount it as far forward or rearward as fits your needs.

However, doing so would almost surely forever damage the threads on my buffer tube.

Incorrect. The DD CAR EZ Mount will not damage the threads on your buffer tube.

There is no 'set screw' on the DD CAR EZ Mount. If you are refering to the roll pin, simply pull it out with a pair of pliers if your buffer tube does not have a groove for it, not all tubes do.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#37]
I just ordered mine friday all i need to say is JTrusty is fast to respond  i can't wait to get my set
up!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Recieved my ASP Sling today it is AWSOME you go from hanging to ready to fire in a split second.
Jason @ JTrusty is top notch to deal with. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#39]
I bought a ZM sling, been using it for about a month, and I really like it, fits well over my gear and easy to adjust.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:45:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, this thread has help me make up my mind on which single point sling to get Now the question is which mount to use? Any ideas or suggestions for this sling. I am right handed and have VLTOR modstock.  This is the only thing that is holding me back from ordering the sling right now.

well i thought i had it figured out after going back to the TAG page but after clicking on it and reading about it being prototype only available to T&E folks i am now lost again
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#41]
sapper85,

You have my go ahead

Just report back with what brand of lower receiver and how the fit was once you get it installed. If you could take mounted pictures that would be helpful as well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:15:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Great, THANKS JTrusty for go ahead, just ordered both My only question (which i should of asked before ordering ) is i am right handed, so i needed to order the RH version correct? I hope so lol. Thanks again for the go ahead, i cant wait to receive them and try them out.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Can I get the whole set up?

TS
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:05:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can I get the whole set up?

TS

I don't know, but if it helps, I'll vouch for you.

Thanks, I think I'll order now.  

TS
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:42:57 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I thought it was designed to fit flush against the castle nut.

It was, however, you can mount it as far forward or rearward as fits your needs.

However, doing so would almost surely forever damage the threads on my buffer tube.

Incorrect. The DD CAR EZ Mount will not damage the threads on your buffer tube.

There is no 'set screw' on the DD CAR EZ Mount. If you are referring to the roll pin, simply pull it out with a pair of pliers if your buffer tube does not have a groove for it, not all tubes do.

You are correct, JT.

After closer inspection, the "set screw" is actually a roll pin. I do not see where it would help on my buffer-tubes as there is no slot or indentation there.

so, you feel that I can use this without worrying about it twisting or otherwise damaging the threads?

TIA

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:18:51 AM EDT
[#48]

TigerStripe: Can I get the whole set up?

Yes, just report back with the manufacturer of your lower as well as how the fit was.

redfisher: so, you feel that I can use this without worrying about it twisting or otherwise damaging the threads?

Absolutely.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#49]
I've bought a wide array of Single point slings, I agree with stickman, The ASP is a great sling, first place in my book, I opted for the HK hook, (personel pref), I love the setup. Fast transition comfortable, and excellent quality.
For a close second is the Blackhawk CQD SPS with CQD front and rear plate, excellent comfort, transition, and quality. Opted for the HK style hook again. If noise is a concern take some hockey tape and wrap the hook, deadens the sound forever and lasts a LONG time. The only drawback with the Blackhawk is it is way to long for the SPS position and 2-point, I had to cut it down like 6in on each end for fitment. I'm 6', 220lbs, so both a good for bigger people.
I'll be buying another ASP for the new rifle, think I'm going to try the burnseed this time, I'f I'm not happy with it, I'll just switch it to the HK style.
Good shooting and +1 for the ASP
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#50]
I got my proto. ordered from JTrusty this will complete my AR setup.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top