Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/25/2006 8:48:51 AM EDT
I wanted something simple and compact so I bought a stream light TL-2 laser/light combo with a bayonet lug picatinny rail adapter.

The TL-2 laser/light is solid and made out of aluminum.  Quick release.  The led light is bright as hell and will blind whoever you shine it at, pure white even during the day.  The laser part is...well...it's a fricken laser and it's red.  Two screws adjust vertical and horizontal via allen key.  The light has several finger touch settings....laser only, light only, light and laser, with momentary on, and on.  Also ambidextrous (left or right handed )

The bayonet lug picatinny rail adapter (aluminum) is a clever way to mount your light or whatever uses a picatinny style rail, uses two set screws.  With the longer barrels on these rifles it makes the bayonet lug useless unless you have an adapter like this one.  I didn't have to remove the sling loop but I just wanted it gone because I don't use it.  The adapter places the  laser/light in front of the assault grip in such a way that I can just reach out with a finger and switch it on and off.  Here are some pics.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o318/98s14inaz/ar-15mount.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o318/98s14inaz/ar-15light.jpg

Link Posted: 12/28/2006 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there a reason you put the TLR2 on the bayonet lug as opposed to the rail you have already on the botom of the handguard?

Personal preference??

Won't fit 'cuz of how far forward your VFG is??

Won't fit on the actual rail itself??

I ask because I have a middie with a rail and VFG on the botom just like yours, and have been contemplating a TLR2.  Your VFG looks to be further forward than mine, so I wonder if there would be room on my rail.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a big guy with big hands and big reach.  The position where I have my foward grip allows me to be able to reach out and touch the switch on the light with my finger tip with it hung on the bayonet lug.  You know how this black rifle disease is...see it, want it, buy it, try it
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top