Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/4/2024 12:58:59 PM EDT
Hello all -

Here's my situation: I've got an M1A SOCOM 16 incoming, and I'm trying to find a WML mounting solution for the top handguard rail section which will bring the light as far forward to the muzzle as possible. There are many wing / bar types available from Arisaka, CLOUD and others... but which is the LONGEST?

I will be using some kind of OFFSET Pic rail base, such as the now discontinued HALEY STRATEGIC THORNTAIL:

If the Haley bar is no shorter than the Arisaka or any other I'll use that, or some similar combination. If anyone knows of a LONGER solution, I'd love to hear about it.

Later on, I MAY replace the factory front sling swivel with a Pic Rail section.... but even with a 45-deg offset that still leaves the light itself very low, not my ideal solution.

Happy to hear any suggestions!
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The T.Rex Lightbar is the longest I've seen, but it's not currently in stock
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 7:12:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#2]
Are you using the standard scout type mounting or the swivel pro mount?

As stated, the T. Rex is pretty good

Midwest Industries also has a couple, but one for picatinny mounting

Scout extended

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Third vote for the TRex bar.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:12:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runguns] [#4]
iwc stll makes a version of that haley mount. *same length though*
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I would have to measure, but the UNITY light wing combo puts it a ways out there. And is pretty slick when you put a mod button in it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bakke1:
I would have to measure, but the UNITY light wing combo puts it a ways out there. And is pretty slick when you put a mod button in it.
View Quote

Thanks for the input all - as it turns out the MI one is the longest by a good margin, but I also scored a used Haley off a member here. I'm sure I will find uses for all of them!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top