Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2004 2:03:52 AM EDT
I WAS LOOKING AT GETTING TOGETHER A LIGHT AR COYOTE GUN FOR A FRIEND OF MINE.
HE LIKED THE 16", A3, SS, FLUTED, FREE FOATED, CAR UPPER FROM MODEL 1.
AND I THOUGHT OF ORDERING ALL THE PARTS FORM THERE, AS TO PAYING MORE SHIPPING CHARGES FROM OTHER PLACES, BUT DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THERE QUALITY OF WORKSMANSHIP ?
ANY INPUT WILL HELP OUT.
  (AND YES I ALWAYS USE CAPITAL LETTERS)   THE TOAD
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 3:05:10 AM EDT
[#1]
OMG HI 2 U.

OBVIUSLI U DNOT' TIHNK TAHT BORD ETIKWITE IS IMPORTINT,. TIHS SI FIEN, THO. I WLLI TELL YUO ABUOT MODLE 1 SAELS. MOEST PPL HAEV NO MAJER PROBLIMS WIHT TEMH, BUTT THEY'RE LOWAR PRATS KISTS SUMTIEMS HAVE PROBEMS! THEIR UPPAR ASEMBLIS SHUD BE OK THO. THERE SHIPPIGN SI ABUOT AVARIGE WEHN IV PLAST ORDARS

YES I ALWYAS TYEP LIEK I AER RETARDID. LOL I DNOT'S CAER TAHT IT SI IRRITATIGN 2 OTHARS.

(Heed the signature, and at least try to look educated. Etiquette is important, even on the net)
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 5:14:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Whats with the bad spelling and everything in CAPS?
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 5:47:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Llama's trying to make a point.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 9:02:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't know and don't care why you use caps,but they are a bit hard to read.  However, as to your question, Model 1Sales' parts kits are as good as anybody's.  Various parts come from the same suppliers.  I have built two rifles on their kits and have had no problems with fit or finish.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#5]
The kits overall are pretty good. I have had issues with the pivot pin and take down pin springs being out of spec/too stiff and have had a few bad parts. They fix you up pretty fast with replacements but they should not have to.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I WANT TO THANK THOSE OF YOU YOU THAT HELPED
I GOING TO PUT IN AN ORDER FOR A CAR KIT.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 8/12/2004 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
maddox.xmission.com/keyboard4.jpg

Do those keys come in green ???
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 1:07:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Great kits.  Got two of them and very happy with the quality.  Great customer service and they would take care of you if you have a problem with their kits.

556man
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 5:00:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
maddox.xmission.com/keyboard4.jpg

Do those keys come in green ???

don't think so, but paint them just like an AR and they should come out fine
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#11]
You can't go wrong with Model 1.

Have fun on your build.

Link Posted: 8/13/2004 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#12]
model 1 has been good to me
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll let you know after Sept 13.....
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top