Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 8:14:45 AM EDT
Here are some photos of my first build, using an 80% receiver. (hopefully they show) I just fit the parts together and tested the functioning. After the test firing, I will try anodizing and post some more picts then.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/squibbleus/detail?.dir=/a779&.dnm=7699.jpg
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#1]
that didn't work, let me try again
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#2]
pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/squibbleus/detail?.dir=/a779&.dnm=7699.jpg[\url]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Lets try this    http://www.villagephotos.com/browse.asp?selected=1019366
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay, who have to copy and paste that last one, but I'll get the hang of this yet!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Okay, maybe this  http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/838232/ar15020.jpg
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Why don't you just edit your post rather than adding new replies to the thread.

The format is {img}put link here{/img}  (change the paren signs to brackets)

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks neilfj for fixing that. I tried it earlier but fouled it up! I am somewhat computer illiterate, so it takes me time to learn. I can build all kinds of stuff, but it takes me a while to figure out the right way to use them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice work!....I like the "Vietnam Look"
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice work.  Can you provide details on:

(1) What company your 80% came from?
(2) What tools and jig?  Did you drill through the jig or just used it to index the holes?
(3) How did you line up the front and rear takedown detent pin holes?  These appear to be the trickiest ones.

I've been looking into this recently, and just trying to get as much info before I give it a crack.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:07:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I used an 80% from National Ord. Since the casting left the impression from the front pin hole, I drilled it first.All I used in the build as far as machinery, was a drill press with compound vise, dremel, files and die grinder and grinder. I got some cheapy 2 flute endmills from Harbor freight, used dremel bits in the drill press for the milling.Unfortunately, I forgot to take picts along the way, but I have another to do, so I'll do it then. I plan on getting a real mill, but the aluminum is easy to work with. I used an alum jig for the locations. I don't recall off hand who I got it from, though.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top