Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2004 6:44:08 AM EDT
Has anybody used these guys for Ar 15 parts and if you have what was the quality and the service you have recieved?  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:45:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Everything I have ever ordered from them is exactly what they said it was.  Good company, fast shipping, no complaints.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:49:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Wedge, I have found a A1 stock with buffer tube and spring for $40.00. If anybody can point me in another direction for something cheaper (in cost ...not product). I would be much obliged.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:54:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:03:18 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 what Aimless said.  The name-brand stuff is cool.  The other, no-name things like scope mounts, etc, are usually crap (Leapers-Tapco quality).  The scope rings, for example, are overbored (so they don't have to worry about tolerances) and then padded with rubber.  The rail mounts don't lock up tight (or stay tight), etc...  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#5]
No problems after 4-5 orders.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
+1 what Aimless said.  The name-brand stuff is cool.  The other, no-name things like scope mounts, etc, are usually crap (Leapers-Tapco quality).  The scope rings, for example, are overbored (so they don't have to worry about tolerances) and then padded with rubber.  The rail mounts don't lock up tight (or stay tight), etc...  

The steel rings I got from them aren't overbored.  They do show some rings w/removable inserts that you can use either for 1 inch or 26mm scopes.  Sure you didn't get some of those?

Re the stock assys, got one of those sets, and it was as advertised; brand new takeoffs; though if someone had told me it wasn't ever mounted I would ahave believed them.  The pieces looked that "new".

One warning though.  Even though the pic I ordered from clearly showed the trapdoor type stock, the first set I got was the early solid butt type.  Called them up, got return instructions, sent it back and they replaced it w/the trapdoor type AND credited my card with my return shipping cost.  If you're going to order a set, do it by phone, and specify which type stock you want, to avoid the problem I had.

They're really good folks
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:31:23 PM EDT
[#7]
i have bought a couple guns from cdnn. i had one problem where a mauser wasnt packed properly and the bolt handle broke off the bolt. the guys there were not of the best temperment but the shipping was quick and complete and i got everything i orderd. the refund and re shipping of a new rifle was quick and sent out over night at their cost. i am happy with the service i received from them and will order from them again in the future.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:54:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The steel rings I got from them aren't overbored.  They do show some rings w/removable inserts that you can use either for 1 inch or 26mm scopes.  Sure you didn't get some of those?

I was talking about their aluminum 30mm carry-handle scope mount.  It also comes with the removable inserts, but the "30mm" diameter is overlbored and padded with rubber to make up the difference.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:12:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Ordered four of the A1 stocks two were cracked on the butt plate. They were real nice other wise .
Ask them if they would open them and check for cracks. You cannot tell lookig through the wrapper.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:20:17 AM EDT
[#10]
buffer technologies is selling A1 sets for $40

Stock
grip (with screw)
handguards
buffer and spring  (no tube)
A1 stock screw
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:23:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ordered four of the A1 stocks two were cracked on the butt plate. They were real nice other wise .
Ask them if they would open them and check for cracks. You cannot tell lookig through the wrapper.

ALL A1 buttplates crack sooner or later.  I've seen them cracked right out of the box.  Usually it's an inside crack that doesn't show when the thing is mounted, but sooner or later, they will work thru to the outside.

On the two A1 type stocks I am using, I replaced one w/ an unaltered A2 buttplate, to go on the C7 clone I built.  For the A1 clone, I took an A2 buttplate, ground off the checkering, and basically reshaped it to A1 dimensions.

A PITA, but that's what you have to do, if you want a durable buttplate on an A1 stock
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:04:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Never ordered any AR15 parts from CDNN, 3 scopes, many magazines, M14 stock, a telescope, slings, scope rings and a few other items.  Fast shipping, good prices, and I have never had any problems with any of the items I have ordered.  I'll use them again!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:20:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ALL A1 buttplates crack sooner or later.  I've seen them cracked right out of the box.  Usually it's an inside crack that doesn't show when the thing is mounted, but sooner or later, they will work thru to the outside.

On the two A1 type stocks I am using, I replaced one w/ an unaltered A2 buttplate, to go on the C7 clone I built.  For the A1 clone, I took an A2 buttplate, ground off the checkering, and basically reshaped it to A1 dimensions.

A PITA, but that's what you have to do, if you want a durable buttplate on an A1 stock

These were split not just a hair line crack.
After sending them back I looked around and its just a 3.00 part.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top