BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/19/2004 6:20:05 PM EDT
Hello

I have been lurking in this group for sometime, and wanted to pass on experience building my first ar15 - well assembly of the lower lol

I got a L.A.R. Grizzly forged lower from a friend for a even 100 dollars.  I was exceptionally happy with the finish and the detail of it.  It has a nice dark black teflon finish.

He suggested I look at the kits on various sits, one of which was Model 1 Sales.  He also told me he had put 5 kits from Model1Sales together with no problems.

I couldn't find a entire C.A.R 16 kit pre ban for less then what they charged ($(415.00), and as such ordered one last friday morning from the site.

Yesterday I inquired through my work e-mail about the shipping and they responded in 2 hours about my order, and because of the AWB running out, they had been back logged with orders.  I got on the phone and called them shortly after...

I asked about overnight shipping and cost, and the individual I spoke with said let me get you a exact figure on it, and look into a time line on when we can send this out for you...

He came back and stated $56.00 which the normal amount is about 20.00 (I have had the lower for a bit and I didn't mind the extra 36 dollars)and he also told me that he located my kit, and would mail it out then if I wanted, which I went ahead with.

After reading so many flames here about Model1Sales I figured it might just be all talk, but it was here this afternoon!!!  It's a perfect match (Dark Black Teflon finish) to my lower in color and included every part - my first Lower assembly done in 45 minutes lol

I am EXCEPTIONALLY pleased with the professional treatment I got from Model1Sales, and the kit - I recommend them for a kit 100%

Go ahead with the flames, all I can figure is people who had complaints must have been rude to the support people, as they were 100% polite and professional for me.

I wanted to thenk the hosts and creator for the lower assembly guide that is here, it went just like you said with no issues, and I highly appreciate it.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#1]
You have to remember an EXTREMELY low percentage of folks go out of their way to comment on the positive...  It's not surprising to see more complaints than praise for any company.

So, how's it shoot???
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I also got great service from M1S. I ordered a fluted 16" barreled upper recently. They didn't have the fluted in stock and called me to see if I wanted the standard barrel instead. I said I didn't mind waiting but I appreciated the attention. It was only 5 days later that they had the barrel in stock, and shipped it to me. I had them thread the barrel also and I purchased a flash hider. They shipped it installed! This to me is good service.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait till you put some shots through the thing before you start talking about the product quality.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:33:24 PM EDT
[#4]
lol

Heaven forbid that it works huh?  you'll have my zero and a photo in a couple of days - if I had the time I would run out tongiht and fire some in a friends indoor range, but I don't see a issue with anything.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh and maybe you should go over my post, its specific so far in they treated me decent, and shipped the product I ordered fast and precise, stop trying to flame on anything I haven't posted yet - but nice try
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
lol

Heaven forbid that it works huh?  you'll have my zero and a photo in a couple of days - if I had the time I would run out tongiht and fire some in a friends indoor range, but I don't see a issue with anything.

If you do some research on here. Some of the problems with parts quality came after everal hundred to 1500+ shots.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow - another partial reader and the post isn't an hour old...

Model1Sales has POLITE and PROFESSIONAL SERVICE, AND SHIPS THE PRODUCTS WHICH WERE ORDERED WHICH APPEAR TO BE NICE...  In more then a timely manner in how you PAY to have it shipped...

is that simple enough for ya?

I didn't say I shot it, nor 500000 rounds - I simply stated that from my first experience with a company which has been called unprofessional and rude - not to be so - just the opposite

Try comprehension or something
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I like Model 1 as well. I can't  justify paying a bunch more for something that may be the same part. What I've got from them looks great, and they were polite with me as well. I plan 3 more build with their parts in the comeing week.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I got their 16" A3 car kit with the 1/8 ss barrel and ff tube, and it shoots great, I put a 1k rounds of 62 gr. wolf through it in 8 days with only 1 problem, the gas key loosened up after 400rnds or so, but it was a simple fix, just tighten the screws and restaked them, no problems since.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:39:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I had the gas key shoot loose on a J&T kit, which has better general feedback than M1S.  A few weeks ago I built a M1S M4.  I am very pleased with it after about 600 rounds.  I would have bought J&T again, but they do not offer an option I thought I had to have- an M4 barrel extension and feedramp cuts in the upper.  Can't say why I needed it, but not all gun purchase decisions are rational ones.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
 Can't say why I needed it, but not all gun purchase decisions are rational ones.

right!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I have had nothing but positive results from Model1.

Great company- 5 kits and thousands of rounds later I still agree,
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:41:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Model1Sales has POLITE and PROFESSIONAL SERVICE, AND SHIPS THE PRODUCTS WHICH WERE ORDERED WHICH APPEAR TO BE NICE...  In more then a timely manner in how you PAY to have it shipped...

I didn't say I shot it, nor 500000 rounds - I simply stated that from my first experience with a company which has been called unprofessional and rude - not to be so - just the opposite

Perhaps Model 1 Sales HAS decided to join us here on ARFcom for some damage control...

The tone of this poster makes one wonder if the source of the 'whining' email has been found...  

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=277277

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:03:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Gas keys get loose, sometimes.  It happens on any brand of bolt carrier... and is not really a sign of quality to me.  The only brand I havent seen come loose is Colt (even tho it pains me to say that) but I am sure even a Colt has worked loose a time or two.

As far as Model 1 goes.... thats neat you had good experience.  The place where model 1 has BIG trouble is when something is not 100% with your order, and you have to send something back, etc.... thats when they turn into real jerks.  Read the many posts here.  I am sure there are thusands of happy customers.... who didnt have any problems and got what they ordered.  However, M1S has shown their rudeness and lock of customer service so many times with so many people.... you ONE good experience (however valid) does not excuse their previous behavior.

Also....  

all I can figure is people who had complaints must have been rude to the support people, as they were 100% polite and professional for me.

Well.... thats just stupid.  

Glad you had a good experience.  As they are a volume leader in parts, I am sure there will continue to me many thousdands of kits ordered from users here..... and I am sure there will be many hundereds who arent as happy.

PS.... I could be wrong.... but based on your other post... I smell a
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:10:09 AM EDT
[#15]
[cough]

troll

[/cough]

If you're sincere, hey, that's great.

Next time you talk to your friends at model 1 sales, ask them when I can expect that phone call they owe me confirming that they found my upper I sent them back TWO MONTHS AGO and that my refund is on its way......
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:26:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
[cough]

troll

[/cough]

If you're sincere, hey, that's great.

Next time you talk to your friends at model 1 sales, ask them when I can expect that phone call they owe me confirming that they found my upper I sent them back TWO MONTHS AGO and that my refund is on its way......

i have had very good luck with model 1 sales over quite a few years, no problems

but this it a legitimate complaint, i would like to see this resolved
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:35:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:04:17 AM EDT
[#18]
DarkStar-I was thinking the same thing. His first post is about model1 having such good customer service. Kind of convenient with all the bad posts about model1.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:25:06 AM EDT
[#19]
That's amazing, anybody who doesn'tsay Model 1 sucks must be a troll. I was thinking about getting a Model 1 M4 kit and if I do and like it I better not mention it or I'll get gang-banged with insults from the anti-Model 1 members here too. It wasn't like he said, they are the best ever, I've shot 10,000 rounds with no failures, every other kit sucks, etc, he just said their customer service was good and that the kit looks good.

A lot of people say ASA sucks and I'm sure they do, but that doesn't mean there aren't some people happy with them.  I wouldn't think Model 1 was in the same lower league as ASA.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:03:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
DarkStar-I was thinking the same thing. His first post is about model1 having such good customer service. Kind of convenient with all the bad posts about model1.

I dont see if someone can complain about a company's bad practices, then someone  elseshould not be able to applaud a company for great service as well.

My dealings with Model 1 were good at first , untill parts started failing in the rifle(Bolt catch got stuck during a tactical shoot class). Then a bolt broke at under 1500 rds(A friend with a kit purchased around the same time broke in under 1000 rds). So I would have been the same, applauding Model 1 for the first month, then cursing the quality of their lower parts and bolts later.

But to Model 1's credit, they did offer to replace every broken part providing you sent the broken part in.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I've had very good service from Model 1.  I had one broken part and they replaced it with no problem.  Most of the stuff I've put together is their products and other than the one broken part, everything else works fine.  I avg 4-5 thousand rounds thru my ARs during a plate shoot season so my guns don't sit in the safe.

Sorry others haven't had the same experience.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hello

I have been lurking in this group for sometime, and wanted to pass on experience building my first ar15 - well assembly of the lower lol

I got a L.A.R. Grizzly forged lower from a friend for a even 100 dollars.  I was exceptionally happy with the finish and the detail of it.  It has a nice dark black teflon finish.

He suggested I look at the kits on various sits, one of which was Model 1 Sales.  He also told me he had put 5 kits from Model1Sales together with no problems.

I couldn't find a entire C.A.R 16 kit pre ban for less then what they charged ($(415.00), and as such ordered one last friday morning from the site.

Yesterday I inquired through my work e-mail about the shipping and they responded in 2 hours about my order, and because of the AWB running out, they had been back logged with orders.  I got on the phone and called them shortly after...

I asked about overnight shipping and cost, and the individual I spoke with said let me get you a exact figure on it, and look into a time line on when we can send this out for you...

He came back and stated $56.00 which the normal amount is about 20.00 (I have had the lower for a bit and I didn't mind the extra 36 dollars)and he also told me that he located my kit, and would mail it out then if I wanted, which I went ahead with.

After reading so many flames here about Model1Sales I figured it might just be all talk, but it was here this afternoon!!!  It's a perfect match (Dark Black Teflon finish) to my lower in color and included every part - my first Lower assembly done in 45 minutes lol

I am EXCEPTIONALLY pleased with the professional treatment I got from Model1Sales, and the kit - I recommend them for a kit 100%

Go ahead with the flames, all I can figure is people who had complaints must have been rude to the support people, as they were 100% polite and professional for me.

I wanted to thenk the hosts and creator for the lower assembly guide that is here, it went just like you said with no issues, and I highly appreciate it.

Kinda funny first for a first post,  I have no experience with the company, other than some slow service at a funshow.

In case nobody has caught on -- sounds like a little "schilling" as they call it on another board??

Bend  Over, Here It Comes  Again .........

Missed you at the last show, did not see the blue duelie with trailer sitting up to door waiting to unload for show.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:50:05 PM EDT
[#23]
bohica is what I had stenciled on my vehicle when I did my time for uncle sam, I want to say just about every vehicle we had in our unit had it someplace lol - I never enjoyed working with brits so it made since to me to use bohica007 as a name.

whats funny is you griefers who have to suspect theres something wrong with getting treated decent - As you have shown to me your attitude is the only thing getting you bad service.

Thanks to all who have also posted about the decent treatment they got, hopefully other people will see and realize that there are a bunch of griefers trying to cause somebody lack of sales for no other reason then they have a single so called bad experience - what kit did you buy griefers????

Anyhow - hope to add some pics from my shoot tomorrow - oh btw thanks for the welcome griefers

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Btw - it does take me time to get home and actually get to a pc most days, as I am not sitting behind a pc at my home un-employed lol
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Just got my upper half today from M1S 7 days after I ordered it.  I think it is great and fast shipping.  Looks great.  The only problem is that I STILL do not know how much the shipping was.  It was never told to me and It has not  posted to my CC at this time.  Still would deal with them again.hippie.gif
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, I finally received my Ameetec lower today that I ordered to go with my M1S M4 I received a few weeks ago. The LPK went together without a hitch. The upper and lower mate up tighter than my MN RRA rifle. I am very pleased with the color match. I as well received excellent service when I ordered mine. My kit shipped the day I ordered it and I had it in less than 48 hours (standard shipping). They even called me back the day I ordered it because of a mix up on the CC #'s. Granted I haven't shot it yet, but based on the above I'd order from them again. As far as the Ameetec goes, I'd order another one of those as well. It is a quality lower for $90 shipped. And you just gotta love $5 transfer fees.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:25:41 AM EDT
[#27]
My dealings with Model 1 is good.  They have a good customer service and they make it right if there is a problem with the kit you got. No questions asked.  That's the reason why I'm on my 6th kit with them and will get some more in the future.

556man
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:58:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Another positive on Model 1.  I bought a plain jane 20" HBAR about 18 months ago.  Shipping was fast, all the parts where included, and although I had some fitting problems with the lower, it had nothing to do with the parts I received from M1S.  The lower was SLIGHTLY out of spec.  Nothing a little Dremmel work could not cure.  In 3000 rounds, I've had no failures that were not caused by the crappy 2.00 25yo gunshow surplus mags.  BTW, 2800 of those rounds where 55gr Wolf.

Anyway, I will probably order from Model 1 again when I build my M4gery later on this year.  To me, that is the best endorsement that I can give.

ka
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:58:15 AM EDT
[#29]
I too am happy with my M1S M4 kit.  But I think upper to lower fit is a gamble with any AR.  My J&T kit upper fits much tighter to a DPMS lower than the M1S fits to an Ameetec lower.  All uppers and lowers have allowable tolerances in the machining process.  I felt a used Colt at the gunshow last weekend.  Fit was about as loose as the one I have with the M1S.  I guess that is why they make Accuwedges.  The wedge makes the M1S/Ameetec combo feel really snug.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:31:57 AM EDT
[#30]
What seperates a good company from a bad company is not how they treat you when things go well; it's how they treat you when there is a problem!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:37:57 AM EDT
[#31]
tactical man hit it right on the head. ive never had anything but good treatment from M1S, however someones first post being glowing priase for a company looks fishy. especially in light of all the recent M1S drama....
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:19:36 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
tactical man hit it right on the head. ive never had anything but good treatment from M1S, however someones first post being glowing priase for a company looks fishy. especially in light of all the recent M1S drama....

What Model 1 sales drama? Did I miss something?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps Model 1 Sales HAS decided to join us here on ARFcom for some damage control...

The tone of this poster makes one wonder if the source of the 'whining' email has been found...  

What? You think it odd that after model1 sales getting shelled on theboards for screwing up a member's order, a new guy joins the board and with his first post offers unsolicited, unabashed praise for  model1sales??

Damn your cold, cynical heart!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:56:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Sorry you can't see the reason why I feel like I do about the way they treated me.  Maybe because my heads not up my backside, and I realize and treat others like I want to be treated - and you griefers get just what ya give...

I was too worried about pricing ammo, and forgot my camera, pictures will have to wait.

mine fired perfect - only fired a couple hundred rounds after spoting it in.

We did try some wolf ammo - I used winchester 55 fmg - and the wolfs - this is the newer stuff - key holing and what not - winchester ammo was fine - all fed fine - using orlite USED mags from cdnn - once again I am sure I will hear you saying this that and the other - don't care -  I was worried again after all they hype about orlite suxs, but I bought 2 because they were the best priced I could find...  I broke them down, hosed them with rem oil spray - then wiped them out - no malfunctions at all

later all, and best of luck to builders - cept the griefers - go stand in a job line or something...

Link Posted: 11/8/2004 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Model1sales chews the lint off of an arab fucked camel ass.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Model1sales chews the lint off of an arab fucked camel ass.

I couldnt say it better.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Wait till you put some shots through the thing before you start talking about the product quality.

I have built many kits from M1.
0 malfunctions.
As for accuracy- I just free floated an M1 barrel- with a Leupold 2-7x33mm I was grouping 1-1.5 inches at 200M.

Praise Model One. Great product and excellent service.

Price cannot be beat.
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 7:50:05 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have built many kits from M1.
0 malfunctions.
As for accuracy- I just free floated an M1 barrel- with a Leupold 2-7x33mm I was grouping 1-1.5 inches at 200M.

Praise Model One. Great product and excellent service.

Price cannot be beat.

I'll have to disagree with you about their service. I'm glad you're happy with them, though.
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I've put 2000 rounds though my M1S M4gery with no problems at all. The only thing I did was replace the trigger and hammer springs to lighten the trigger pull. Great weapon n fun to shoot. I will buy from M1S again.
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
later all, and best of luck to builders - cept the griefers - go stand in a job line or something...

Keep digging.  You're not doing well here so far, but that's ok.  
If you're sincere, you've chosen a bad time to show up and post what you did.  Not your fault, but if you can't handle some abject disagreement with your experience, well, buy a helmet.  That or log off the internet.  In the mean time, glad your deal worked out with M1S, but their piss poor attitude to others here has made me feel differently.

If you're related to M1S or its sister/brother/incestualsiblings, well, FOAD.  

BTW, why isn't this in the feedback forum Aimless?
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 8:59:48 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
If you're related to M1S or its sister/brother/incestualsiblings, well, FOAD.  

I think it's time for an FAQ covering all the industry 'connections'.
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I think it's time for an FAQ covering all the industry 'connections'.

Not exactly an FAQ, but the original company is Nesard.  The Nesard Clan of Fried Chicken is now DBA Model 1 Sales, M&A Parts, and Sherluck. Sun Valley/ASA is also related to the Nesard Clan by a marriage, most likely performed at the local Kentucky Fried Chicken...

If the whole chicken thing is throwing you, it's an old gun show joke... check out this thread...

Link Posted: 11/10/2004 9:26:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 1:34:42 PM EDT
[#45]
I like M1S. Ordered from them before and had no issues. However, they're about 1 week behind on shipping now. Kinda sucks, ordered my stuff on this Monday (Nov 8) and they say it won't ship until next monday. Kinda sucks.
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm glad you had a good experience with them but not everyone does.
I wont coment on quality because the guy that answered the phone when I
called to place an order was so rude to me I put my CC back in my wallet.
Which lost them right at 1200. bucks.
And yes I know theres an A-hole at every company but he doesn't have to man the phones.
I was in a good mood ready to spend money so he had no reason to be rude to me.

I am a small time ffl holder who has spoken on the phone with people from RRA DPMS BUSHMSTER
and even COLT. Who I'm sure my small amount of buisness means virtually nothing too.  
But M1 sales gets my vote for the rudest I have ever almost dealt with.

And if you call sticking it in you on shipping and bumping you ahead of other people who have ordered already good customer service I don't think you comprehend  what customer service is.
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 3:35:35 AM EDT
[#47]
I guess i should also state that i've never bought any barrells or kits from them. Just parts.
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 7:47:27 AM EDT
[#48]
I am happy with the XM177 kit I bought from them. It functions fine and does everything the way it is supposed to. The only trouble I have had was the bolt catch is too tight in the (stripped LAR) lower. I don't know who to blame that on so I just cleaned it up myself.
I will probably be buying another M1S kit soon.
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Oops, doubletap.
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 8:14:59 AM EDT
[#50]
I should be getting a 24" 1 in 8 SS Varmint upper today from them. So far I think the service has been good they were very willing to answer any and all questions that I had. The only thing I would like to see from them is an E-Mail confirmation stating that your stuff has been sent and the tracking number. I had to call them to get the tracking info. But as it was said earlier customer service is measured on how you are treated when and if there is a problem.  I will post again on quality of parts and accuracy after I get to shoot it
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top