Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2006 8:15:43 PM EDT
This is a step by step instructions for the removal of the Armalite M15A2 Compensator. First you will need the following tools:

Dremel with cut off wheels

Hammer

A Chisel

Once you have your tools and barrel ready look for the pin location on the compensator

Things to note:

The pin is in like the "Armalite" not the others.

The pin runs through the side of the barrel.

1.) Cut off the front part of the compensator in the post closest to the barrel, so you have the front half off.

2.) Then cut a slot on each side were the flats are for the wrench. Cut close to the threads not too much (mind the threads). Then cut the (now) front of the compensator.

3.) There will be a bit of the compensator  still extending the barrel, put the chisel in the front of the compensator  were you cut the slots and hit it hard with a hammer.

Wala you should have three peaces from the compensator. Toss it and place your new Flash hider.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:16:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Before anybody tries that... you might look at this...

www.quarterbore.net/forums/showthread.php?t=153

I wouldn't make cuts like shown in the thread here as it makes it tougher to split the FH...  see my thread I just posted as I have done about four of these now and it's just how I do it...

Congrats on getting her off however you did it...  It is a great feeling huh?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:25:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top