Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/3/2024 7:19:34 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm working on my first 80% lower with. 5d tactical router jig. I am just putting this thing together and the lower won't fit into the takedown adapter. The gap between the holes for the takedown pin it just a bit too small. Have any of you had this issue before? Do I just need to get a different 80% lower?

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Got any pics?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#2]
It tried to upload some but I can’t seem to figure out how to do it from my phone.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Who makes the lower?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:59:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Go ahead and put your front pivot pin in the lower and you can just use that instead of the 5D pin to secure the lower
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:00:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VinceU1] [#5]
I was having problems with the 5D jig getting some lowers to put pins in the right locations.  I finally measured the spacing between between the take down pins and had to turn the forward pin location around to get the pin locations correct. There was a .012 difference between there they were and where they should be.
Also, make sure that you mill the bottom of the well to the correct depth, I had to get a depth mic to make sure of this one. I didn't check this measurement on my first lower and had to cut it approximately 0.015" deeper to get the trigger to function correctly.
Also #2, lye (caustic soda) is your best bud.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top