Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2005 8:08:14 AM EDT
Very well built sight.  I picked up one of these for my Dissipator.  I finally got to go out and try it out, but have not been able to get it zeroed.  Windage is no problem, but I have turned the front sight post counter-clock-wise (impact down) until it is about ready to pop out and the rifle still hits about 8 inches high at both 25 & 50yds.  I have a bunch of ideas of what it might be, but I thought  someone with more knowledge would be able to save me a bunch of time and set me straight.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/2/2005 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2005 8:46:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I installed the taller front sight post (Colt part #SP64665), while it has made things better, it still is not enough.  I am still hitting too high.  I need 3-4 more clicks counter-clockwise to get to zero at 25yds., but I can already see daylight between the bottom of the front sight post and the front sight base.  I am now at a total loss.  Any ideas?  The rifle shoots great (if my eyes weren't bad, it would be a one-hole gun).  Would a riser under the MI BUIS help?  Thanks to all.
Link Posted: 6/13/2005 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/13/2005 11:56:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.  Looks like I was misinformed.  I was lead to believe that the Colt front sight post that I picked up was the same one that Bushmaster sells/recommends for my situation.  Looks like I am going to give Bushmaster a call and get theirs.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 6/13/2005 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#5]
www.dpmsinc.com

Extended Front Sight Post - Square

Product Code: FS-08

$14.95  
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top