Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2004 6:10:36 PM EDT
I would be mighty gratefull....
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Rivet JIG?

I personally can't see why anyone would possibly need one. Put rivet in and press (or hammer, or whatever method you use!). That's like having a screw jig
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#3]
HUH?!

You mean there IS an actual rivet jig? pics please.
Or is it more like a large press plate to do several rivets at once?
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 4:32:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 4:37:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't have a pic of the whole jig at the moment but I could take one and add it later.

This is the jig made by plinker762.

The first shot shows the receiver blank set up in the jig, the other two pics are of the finished rivets.

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:09:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I have Plinker762's jig and it makes riveting a HELL of alot easier if you have one. Why do you need one, as Andreuha asked? Because it is a major PITA to get inside the trunnion and reciever to press the rivets. Even if you could get inside the receiver, a jig gives you much better and professional looking results.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a pretty sweet jig and it looks like it does a professional job.

How much is it?  How do you use it and where can I get one???
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 4:35:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Frank's email is [email protected]. They go for $135-shipped. Its kinda steep if you plan on only building 1 AK, but if you can get a group of friends who want to build and chip in, or you're planning on building several AK's its not so bad.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 4:38:20 AM EDT
[#9]
His name is Frank.
He goes by plinker762, you can PM him through here
http://www.gunco.net/forums/index.php?

Last I heard, he was getting @ $130. for them.

I have riveted together several AK's using his jig, every rivet is perfect.

Edit: Ooops lawman beat me to it
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 6:09:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Frank's email is [email protected]. They go for $135-shipped. Its kinda steep if you plan on only building 1 AK, but if you can get a group of friends who want to build and chip in, or you're planning on building several AK's its not so bad.

Yipes!  I was only planning on one AK.   $135 is a steep investment.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#11]
It's expensive, but you could easily resell it when you are done.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I agree with Tapperman. You usually have to wait 2-3 weeks to get one from Frank, so after you use it, it will be easily sold to somebody who doesnt want to wait.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top