Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2007 4:22:28 AM EDT
Check it out if you buy a large qty. they are as cheap as $7.95 ea.
Aim Surplus AK mags
Link Posted: 12/7/2007 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got 14 coming in next week. 7 for me and 7 for someone else. I'll post pics of them all when they come in. It was about $10 shipping for 14 mags FYI.

Link Posted: 12/10/2007 5:55:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep - about $10 S/H for my 10 mags.  I bet they're going to sell out fast if they haven't already done so.  The only reason I noticed them was Brian gave us the heads-up in his old mag sale thread in the EE, and I kept watching for them.  Got them the first day to make sure I got mine.
Link Posted: 12/10/2007 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I just received my 4 today and they are nice. 3 look unused almost like they have never been inserted in a rifle, just some storage wear. The other shows very minor wear marks. I'm happy, thanks AIM

mfn
Link Posted: 12/10/2007 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 12/10/2007 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Excellent, I've been holding off buying until a deal came along.  Thanks a bunch!

ETA:  Just ordered 7, shipping and handling was $10.00.  AIM is my new friend.
Link Posted: 12/10/2007 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I got mine today as scheduled, and they all 10 look new except one.  It looks like a normal dark-colored mag but with silver panther spots.  I'm not sure what did that - looks pretty odd.  Some did have light rust on the top of the mags (the flat parts on the top sides), but it wiped right off with Rem Oil, and they look good as new.

I am VERY happy with them.  Now, I get to load them all and wear out my fingers.  Plus, the polymer coating on the Golden Tiger ammo makes my fingers look OD and my sink nasty when I wash.    I can't wait.

If you don't have your mags ordered yet, I'd get them ordered soon.  This nice and for this price, they won't last long.
Link Posted: 12/11/2007 4:13:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got my 75 and I would rate rhem at 95% +.  Shipping for 75 was $21.00. Weight was 58 lbs.  Very nice, AIM.
Link Posted: 12/11/2007 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#8]
N money for mags right now.
Link Posted: 12/11/2007 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Got my 14 in (I'm only keeping 7 for myself, the other 7 are for someone else). They are in decent shape. "As described" I would say. Almost all of them had a little bit of rust around the feed lips and side plates at the top. Nothing that shouldn't clean off and just leave minor pitting. They'll still function. They will just be beater range mags.

I bought some mags similar to the condition of these from Centerfire Systems a couple years back for $5 a piece and I brushed all the rust off of them. There was some ugly pitting on most of them, some even on the front lock in point and around the feed lips, but they all function fine. Testament to the reliability of the mag design...

So here are the AIM mags-

The last pic is a good representation of what you can expect from these mags. A few of the mags I got didn't have any of the rust/pitting, but some had a little worse than what is shown in the last pic. What's shown in that pic is "average" for this lot of mags. It shouldn't affect function in the least.

Haven't cleaned them up yet. Won't have the time or facilities for a couple weeks. I'll let you know if I run into any surprises when I do.

Link Posted: 12/11/2007 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Got mine today! Much better condition than I expected. Better than the ones Centerfire has been selling. Spent a few minutes cleaning them in my parts cleaner. All of mine look to be in excellent shape. Time to get more!  
Link Posted: 12/11/2007 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Any markings on the rear spine? Really want to find some Romanian mags with the "22" factory marking that I've heard so much about!
Link Posted: 12/11/2007 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Any markings on the rear spine? Really want to find some Romanian mags with the "22" factory marking that I've heard so much about!

Oh, yes. There was the "22" on the spine of a number of them. That really isn't that rare or special you know though, right?

ETA: Actually in my middle picture, an inch below the large rust patch but on the spine of the mag you can see one.
Link Posted: 12/12/2007 8:06:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for reply. For some reason the "22" marked mags have eluded me - got quite a few of the "0" marked ones from the SG deal. Will have to place and order today, and try my luck.
Link Posted: 12/12/2007 8:58:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Well I just ordered 10 of their 30-round magazines and 3 of their unissued 40-round magazines.
Link Posted: 12/12/2007 9:17:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Just ordered 15 mags - so they must have a good number of them.
Link Posted: 12/12/2007 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Just ordered 15 mags - so they must have a good number of them.

I'm sure they have a good number, but the if you read the Industry Partner section they hint that they only have enough for maybe a week more now.
Link Posted: 12/12/2007 11:21:17 AM EDT
[#17]
I picked up a few of the Bulgarian 7.62x39 "bullet" mags over at Centerfire Systems for $10-a-piece.
Link Posted: 12/12/2007 11:36:13 AM EDT
[#18]
They do not offer any shipping options via their web site to Alaska.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2007 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#19]
I just ordered 10, may order more in the near future.
Link Posted: 12/13/2007 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Got my seven in today, just the typical rusty spots on the reinforcement plates, should be a breeze to clean.
Link Posted: 12/13/2007 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#21]
75 mags sure are heavy!  Now if I can figure out the best way to store them long-term.....
Link Posted: 12/14/2007 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Just got ten of these in the mail...most seem really nice, but two of them seem to be too tight for the follwer to move freely. I tried all the other followers from the mags that worked in those two bodies, and none of them fit without really pushing on them...tried loading them up, but at about 20 rounds, the follower got hung up and wouldn't budge. Has anyone had an issue like this before? Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/14/2007 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/14/2007 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/15/2007 5:29:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just got ten of these in the mail...most seem really nice, but two of them seem to be too tight for the follwer to move freely. I tried all the other followers from the mags that worked in those two bodies, and none of them fit without really pushing on them...tried loading them up, but at about 20 rounds, the follower got hung up and wouldn't budge. Has anyone had an issue like this before? Any suggestions?

It sounds like you might have a small dent on the side of the magazine, which is preventing the spring from compressing all the way. I had this problem with a feew of the Sportsmans Guide AK magazines last  year.

If that is the problem, take a small piece of wood the width of the magazines and tap it from the bottom to the top of the feedlip area of the magazine. That should cure it

I have one that the follower needs to be pounded to get it through and one that may work under actual usage, but is a little sluggish as is. The problem with both is a small dent (dimple) on the side of the mag. I've never had to fix this before, but it seems that hammering a piece of wood through wouldn't work. I was just thinking of running a metal file over the dimple inside to relieve some of the metal sticking out. Does anyone see a problem with doing it this way? BTW, I am very happy with the rest of them for the price. They cleaned up fairly easy and look and function pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/15/2007 7:49:18 AM EDT
[#26]
I would love to get some of these mags but AIM won't ship to NY
Link Posted: 12/15/2007 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#27]
if the dent is in the rib I have used a vise grips on the rip and pounded on the vise grips and that pulled it out fairly well.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top