Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2003 4:16:09 PM EDT
Does anyone know what FSB to use so I can put on the AK-103 style brake?  Does the Bulgarian AK74 FSB work on 7.62 barrel w/o modification?  I assume AKUSA must use AK74 FSB since they have the 1/24 to 1/14 thread converter as well as the brake that's threaded for the FSB.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#1]
just a guess, but i think you have to buy there slip on threads. looks like that adapter slids on and gives your stock barrel threads to atach the brake
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#2]
so you mean I could thread the barrel on the SAIGA and then use the adaptor for the AK-74 brake to be put on?  The threaded part on the Bulgarian AK74 FSB wont' work?

Where do I find an AK-103 style FSB?  Would regular AKM FSB be good enough?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#3]
i think its you press fit it on the end of the barrel, so theres no need to thread the barrel.  im really not the one to ask on this but i saw that adapter on the ak-usa page specificaly for the saiga
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#4]
You can go that AK-USA route.  You can also buy the Bulgarian AK74 threaded FSB and replace your Saiga FSB.  Then you can just spin on a 74 brake (or the AK-USA US made replica) on your FSB and silver solder/weld it in place.  

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You can go that AK-USA route.  You can also buy the Bulgarian AK74 threaded FSB and replace your Saiga FSB.  Then you can just spin on a 74 brake (or the AK-USA US made replica) on your FSB and silver solder/weld it in place.  

Thanks Tec, that's the idea I was thinking about, but the question I have for those that have done it with this method, is if the Bulgarian AK74 threaded FSB is wide enough to go on a 7.62 barrel?  I'm also going to do this on .223, but I'd imagine the 5.45 isn't too far from that.  If I can use unmodified Bulgarian AK74 threaded FSB that'd be the best way to go.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#6]
NP.  Yeah, the Bulgie FSB will fit on both..the outside diameter (OD) of the barrels are the same.  I know from experience on both counts (there are pics of my conversion on here somewhere).

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the confirmation Tec9, appreciate it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top