Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/31/2003 11:40:17 AM EDT
Just curious as to how good these scopes are, considering the 4x and 6x only run about a hundred bucks.  THink it would be a fun AK optic.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a PSO 4x24 with 400 meter rangefinder,calibrated for 7.62x39.I really like it,good clear optic,built like a tank and illuminated.Once you adjust the mounting clamp to your rail,zero is maintained each time you remove/replace the scope.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've got a PSO 4x24 with 400 meter rangefinder,calibrated for 7.62x39.I really like it,good clear optic,built like a tank and illuminated.Once you adjust the mounting clamp to your rail,zero is maintained each time you remove/replace the scope.

Have the same scope.  Really like the AA battery for the recticle and flip toggle switch. The built in compensator is great for lobbing.

Downside, is I have yet to get the scope to hold position for more than two three mags without re-clamping to be on target.  I switched to a permanent mount so I could dump them fast or take careful aim without checking the scope.

Tj
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#5]
The iron sites can still be used with one of these on, right?
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a original 4x scope that came with my Tiger and recently upgraded to a 8x with adjustable diopter and have been very pleased with both. I bought from www.nightvisionweb.com/ and received it in two days.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Aimless, thank you for the kind word!

az-ar, the POSP/PSO scopes do not obstruct iron sights

TJ, you need to adjust the clamp mechanism on your POSP -- it should stay solid on the rifle regardless of how many round and how fast your fire.

For my selection of AK optics, please visit www.FreedomOptics.com

BTW, Tantal's website can be found here:  tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru  I have the outmost respect for Tantal's contribution to the AK community and his knowledge of AK's (not just limited to optics).
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Downside, is I have yet to get the scope to hold position for more than two three mags without re-clamping to be on target.  I switched to a permanent mount so I could dump them fast or take careful aim without checking the scope.

Tj

TJ,you need to tighten up the locking mechanism on the mount attached to your scope.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 3:45:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I have guys all the way up until it won't hardly come off period and still moves a bit with time.  One guy suggested changing my mount but then that's a bit more modification than I want to do.

If I tighten it to where I don't have issues, it doesn't come off easily and the dust cover scopes actually take less time to change out.

Still like the scope, for what it's designed as which is a removeable sniper scope it does fine.  For me, as a permanant mounted battle scope, I have issues.

Tj
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 4:35:11 AM EDT
[#10]
TJ, if you use a correct mount on a correct mounting bracket, it shouldn't move.  I suspect that you may be using a scope with the SVD mount on a rifle with an AK mounting rail.  When you mount the scope, do you slide it from the back all the way forward until it stops and only then tighten the mounting lever?  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top