Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/5/2004 12:55:18 PM EDT
***Update on bottom of page***

Just a heads up gentleman...

I have a used condition Yugo SKS and for a while I out off getting a new Excellent condition one.

Well, today I finally got off my ass and tried to order another one.

I called three major places and they were all sold out. Even sold out of the used ones!

I finally found some Excellent condition Yugo SKS's for sale at Centerfire for $114.97

Bottom line, it seems these are running out fast!

Get yours soon if you have not already
Link Posted: 3/5/2004 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/5/2004 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
remember those $69 chicom sks's?

get a yugo while you can!!

no, but I remember $89 yugo sks's

Link Posted: 3/5/2004 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks a lump...I just ordered another one.
Link Posted: 3/6/2004 5:54:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the heads up.  I just called ORF and told Rodney to find the best looking Yugo SKS they have on the rack and put it to the side for me.

KF
Link Posted: 3/6/2004 6:28:42 AM EDT
[#5]
No problem gents.

I would hate to see you guys miss out if you have not already bought one.

I think I'll try to get a hold of an Albanian one next. I am an SKS fanatic.
Link Posted: 3/6/2004 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No problem gents.

You know you might want to get an EG Mak if you dont have one.  They seem to be drying up too. Here's what I did to mine:Those are not scratches on the slide that's just some extra lube.
Link Posted: 3/6/2004 7:12:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No problem gents.

I will also be in the market for an Albanian SKS.  Let me know when you find them at a good price.

KF
Link Posted: 3/6/2004 9:16:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I always wonder how many of these Yugo's saw action during the 90's.

The one Yugo SKS I have has been used. I wonder how and when....
Link Posted: 3/6/2004 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Bought two last year, so I should be set.  Interesting though.  I didn't think there would ever be an end to the supply of Yugo's.
Link Posted: 3/6/2004 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#10]
At the show today there were only a couple of tables with them, and they only had a few out each.  It would seem that these are selling fast.
Link Posted: 3/6/2004 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I also had been putting off buying a decent Yugo. I found that Centerfire systems was the only place that had any Yugos at all. I bought 5 and they were all pretty nice rifles. Used but not abused. All the other places said they didn't know when they would be getting more. I bought a few of those Albanian $89 specials a while back and luckily I kept one nice one that was in the bunch because no one seems to have any of those either.
Link Posted: 3/6/2004 4:04:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I always wonder how many of these Yugo's saw action during the 90's.

The one Yugo SKS I have has been used. I wonder how and when....

I know for a fact that SKS's were used around Bihac and Sanski Most in Bosnia, some with commerical cheapie 4x scopes.  My informant is a guy whom I stayed with while I was working there, found out I liked guns...
Link Posted: 3/6/2004 4:09:05 PM EDT
[#13]
If anyone is looking for an alternate source, I believe Cole's still has them - at least they did earlier this week:

www.coledistributing.com/MM054.ASP?cat=Rifles&i=&pageno=31&start=11

$80 for a "shooter" grade, $100 for "excellent", and from what I've heard they grade a bit on the conservative side.

Rocko
Link Posted: 3/6/2004 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Did you say EG?  I have seen those in years.  I know there are alot of Bulgarians floating around.
Link Posted: 3/12/2004 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Well,

I got my second Yugo n the mail just now from Centerfire Ind.

I must say they really did me right.

I paid $115 for an Excellent Yugo. I honestly think its new because the Yugo factory papers and tags were still on it.

Only think I wish they would have given me with it was the buttstock cleaning kit.

A few months ago I ordered once from AIM and the rifle was mis matched parts and the stock was real ugly.

I am glad Centerfire Ind. sold me a better product.
It also had a price tag written on it in English that said
"Yugo M66 $250"

So maybe they have a store front and they are selling these bad boys for a lot more.
Glad I have a C&R!
Link Posted: 3/16/2004 10:50:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Bump
Link Posted: 3/17/2004 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Cole did right by me, very nice example, can't see anything on it that suggests it was actually used...
Link Posted: 3/17/2004 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#18]
I have two unissued Yugos that were so new I had to BLO the stock. My guess is they were laying around as parts and were assembled to clear out the arnsenal.

I have a 1971 Yugo that has the logbook for each time it was issued up until decommissioning in the 90's. All written in Serbian. The rifle is in very good shape, but has seen some action. A good, accurate shooter.

Link Posted: 3/17/2004 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I had two, sold one, was in good condition but definately had been used. The other one is excellent unissued condition but Im gonna unload it. It has the capsule night sights, too bad they still dont work.  I remember those $89 chinese sks, too bad those days are gone, they are still available in Canada though, as are $350 M14.
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Is InterOrdnance out of their unissued ones again?

I'm real glad that I was able to snatch up three of them when I did.

Two of them are even sequential serial numbers, so I'm real happy about that.

Beautiful rifles.
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 8:42:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I saw a good number of them in use in 1991.
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 10:06:54 AM EDT
[#22]
I got one last week from Coles. I'm very pleased with it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Any working links to any of this stuff? Sold out yet? I'd be interested in getting another SKS, the damn Canadians got my last one.
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Are these things that scarce? It seems like just yesterday when I was wading through pallets of them at Ohio Ordnance Works to find my gems...
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Are these things that scarce? It seems like just yesterday when I was wading through pallets of them at Ohio Ordnance Works to find my gems...

Like I said, it took me 4 places to finally find a place that had one.
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Any working links to any of this stuff? Sold out yet? I'd be interested in getting another SKS, the damn Canadians got my last one.

www.coledistributing.com/

The lady at Coles' I talked to when I ordered mine said they had plenty of them.
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 4:36:18 AM EDT
[#27]
That link doesn't work for me, wonder what's up?
Link Posted: 4/11/2004 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Tagged.

I don't have C&R, but wish I could buy some firearms for those prices...  Can't afford the C&R, live in an Apartment, and would have difficulties having guns shipped to me too...

Going to have to find a local dealer that can get me a decent Unissued Yugo SKS.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top