Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2005 12:36:01 PM EDT
Wrote the ATF import branch to find out about the importation of my deactivated RPG7 launcher-

and RPG75 (Czech version of the LAW)-

Basically asked what the ATF specs were. Here is what I received-

Hopefully someone finds it useful.
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting, thanks
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#2]
so the big question is, how much can those be had for?
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#3]
yours is in wayyyyyy better shape then mine

Stot   by chance is there any spare parts for the RPG's over there...I am in dire need of the front and rear sight brackets that the sights themselves sit in

...and damn nice extra's for yours..I've been looking for inert PG-7 rounds for over 2 years
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#4]
NORTHRIDGE has those parts...... the front and rear sight, and the rear  sight guard.......they don't have a front sight guard, I made mine from a "U" channel piece......actually it's a piece of a book shelf bracket.

http://northridgeinc.com/sp_rpg.htm

as for the rocket........I was looking for 4 years, until I found mine. you can find RPG-2 rockets here with no prblem, but not the 7s......I was seriously thinking about making a cast of mine and reproducing it for the guys who collect ordnance ........but resin is just way too expensive, that it just wouldn't be  profitable
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm... I take it these aren't easy to RE-militarize?
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Coooool.
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Stottman thanks for posting that letter, its real interesting, i've always wondered about importing some pg rounds into the US, one thing i dont understand is why you have to cut the hole in the rocket body, alot of the rockets i've seen on either ebay or gunbroker from the seller "mrfuze" were complete examples inert of course but no holes drilled in them, i've seen a few pg7 rockets over the years but they have been out of my price range, one day i'll find a nice one. McM

heres mine
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
NORTHRIDGE has those parts...... the front and rear sight, and the rear  sight guard.......they don't have a front sight guard, I made mine from a "U" channel piece......actually it's a piece of a book shelf bracket.

as for the rocket........I was looking for 4 years, until I found mine. you can find RPG-2 rockets here with no prblem, but not the 7s......I was seriously thinking about making a cast of mine and reproducing it for the guys who collect ordnance ........but resin is just way too expensive, that it just wouldn't be  profitable

thanks for the info.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 3:25:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks for the info.  

I can give you detailed instructions for making a vacuum table. After the initial cost of building the table, you can vacuum-form plastic RPG rounds all day and sell 'em by the box full at gun shows and conventions.
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 10:12:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Any that were imported intact and probably grey market imports. PG7 rockets are sold in Europe as a free sale item. Would not be too hard to drop one in the mail.
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#11]
do you mind if I IM you Stot?
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow....me want!

:)
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
do you mind if I IM you Stot?

No problem. Email is better.

Link Posted: 7/7/2005 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Think I'll just be happy with the AK47.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:25:22 AM EDT
[#15]
god, why did i sell my rpg??? man, looking at that letter (thanks stottman!) it wasn't totally kosher!

it had the hole and the crossbars in the tube but it still had an intact trigger assembly!

swindle, you could "remilitarize" it by removing the bars and welding a patch over the hole in the tube but it wouldn't be very safe. the hole would be right next to your head and if you didn't do a very good job welding...

also, it would be very illegal. i think i'd rather be caught with a trunkload of illegal mac-10 smg's with suppressors and black talon hollowpoints than a "terroristic" weapon like an rpg!
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:37:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 6:18:29 AM EDT
[#17]
What do you need one of those for? They're only for killing people!
Cool. How much did you pay for it?
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 6:29:59 AM EDT
[#18]
I paid about $600 for the launcher and all the extras. From what I understand, thats less then half the going rate in the US for the launcher alone.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#19]
nevermind
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I paid about $600 for the launcher and all the extras. From what I understand, thats less then half the going rate in the US for the launcher alone.

I'll bet there are countries where you can by one for fifty bucks with a grenade. It'd be cool if you buy one that cheap here and take it to a machine gun shoot.

"Dibs on the van!"
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top