Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/22/2005 7:45:03 PM EDT
Anyone think that manufacturers might decide to stop making them?
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#1]
If there is still a demand for a product, why would they quit making it? Have we given them enough money already?
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#2]
no
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 9:24:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Never. If some half wit Muslim insurgent can build an AK completely from parts (including his own receiver) I am pretty sure an American with a CNC machine could do it.

Ben
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Never. If some half wit Muslim insurgent can build an AK completely from parts (including his own receiver) I am pretty sure an American with a CNC machine could do it.

Ben

Which halfwit Muslims do you mean?
I'm not going to stand up for them but I would be interested in hearing which ones have make an AK from parts including his own receiver.

Rather than receivers not being made here I expect that someone has already been talking to Wilson, Shaw or one of the other barrel makers.  AK barrels aren't exactly complicated.
If the demand for them is high enough I think we'll see $80 - $150 non-chromed barrels.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ben

Which halfwit Muslims do you mean?
I'm not going to stand up for them but I would be interested in hearing which ones have make an AK from parts including his own receiver.

I think he means the Pakistani/Afghani <???> tribal villages that the sole industry is gunmaking.  And I wouldn't use the term "half wit", from what I've seen (National Geographic/Discovery Channel type episode) they do damn good work with what they have available.      
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 11:21:29 PM EDT
[#6]
i heard about those guys,..they made AK's by hand in a cave or in a village some where in afganastan
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 11:58:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i heard about those guys,..they made AK's by hand in a cave or in a village some where in afganastan

Yep, I saw that too. They basically make guns using only hand tools and scrap steel as the base metal. Most dont even have a vise. The Haji sits on the ground and holds the item with his bare feet and works on it with a bastard file or some other tool. Surprisingly, most of the guns actually work dispite the huge "Abdul factor". They are the ultimate Bubbas.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 12:05:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I think like everything else that has been taken away because it was made abroad barrels will be made here too. And if you don't like the crap non-chrome lined barrel then you can buy a replacement barrel and change it. And the Vietnamise were making there guns in cave too. The Agans I think stole most of theirs from Russians. But maybe they have an industry besides opium. I would love to see them make an AR in a cave that would be interesting.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 3:08:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I carried a Paki hack job 7.62 "Krinkov" built off a Yugo RPK reciever for 2 months it worked fine had to get rid of a bad hacked up FCG it worked fine. Some of the work that came out of the Peshwahar valley that I saw and tested worked very well indeed. Some of it was total crap, some of it good enough to fool experts right down to the stamps. I saw a 5.45 krinkov that is now sitting in a museum somewhere, that is thought to be an original but is a very good fake. It has a Russian barrel trunion, a cut down 74 barrel a completely redone reciever (I want to say it was a Bulgarian that was polished and restamped w/russian markings). I took about 15 minutes of looking at it to determine it a complete fake.
Remember some of the best mathematicians come from Pakistan and India. I would call those peole anything but a 1/2 wit. They just aren't as "advanced" as us and don't have everything we have available.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 4:38:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 5:34:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Who makes the replacement Uzi barrel's for Bushmaster????? Are they import's or US made??

ETA:I mean if they can make a $73 16" Uzi barrel an AK barrel could'nt be any more pricey...
And to apologize on stepping on you're thread Cyclone..
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 6:15:27 AM EDT
[#12]
No problem Jicky............step all you want, because the various opinions are fine with me
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top