Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/22/2005 7:45:03 PM EDT
Anyone think that manufacturers might decide to stop making them?
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#1]
If there is still a demand for a product, why would they quit making it? Have we given them enough money already?
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#2]
no
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 9:24:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Never. If some half wit Muslim insurgent can build an AK completely from parts (including his own receiver) I am pretty sure an American with a CNC machine could do it.

Ben
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Never. If some half wit Muslim insurgent can build an AK completely from parts (including his own receiver) I am pretty sure an American with a CNC machine could do it.

Ben

Which halfwit Muslims do you mean?
I'm not going to stand up for them but I would be interested in hearing which ones have make an AK from parts including his own receiver.

Rather than receivers not being made here I expect that someone has already been talking to Wilson, Shaw or one of the other barrel makers.  AK barrels aren't exactly complicated.
If the demand for them is high enough I think we'll see $80 - $150 non-chromed barrels.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ben

Which halfwit Muslims do you mean?
I'm not going to stand up for them but I would be interested in hearing which ones have make an AK from parts including his own receiver.

I think he means the Pakistani/Afghani <???> tribal villages that the sole industry is gunmaking.  And I wouldn't use the term "half wit", from what I've seen (National Geographic/Discovery Channel type episode) they do damn good work with what they have available.      
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 11:21:29 PM EDT
[#6]
i heard about those guys,..they made AK's by hand in a cave or in a village some where in afganastan
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 11:58:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i heard about those guys,..they made AK's by hand in a cave or in a village some where in afganastan

Yep, I saw that too. They basically make guns using only hand tools and scrap steel as the base metal. Most dont even have a vise. The Haji sits on the ground and holds the item with his bare feet and works on it with a bastard file or some other tool. Surprisingly, most of the guns actually work dispite the huge "Abdul factor". They are the ultimate Bubbas.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 12:05:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I think like everything else that has been taken away because it was made abroad barrels will be made here too. And if you don't like the crap non-chrome lined barrel then you can buy a replacement barrel and change it. And the Vietnamise were making there guns in cave too. The Agans I think stole most of theirs from Russians. But maybe they have an industry besides opium. I would love to see them make an AR in a cave that would be interesting.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 3:08:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I carried a Paki hack job 7.62 "Krinkov" built off a Yugo RPK reciever for 2 months it worked fine had to get rid of a bad hacked up FCG it worked fine. Some of the work that came out of the Peshwahar valley that I saw and tested worked very well indeed. Some of it was total crap, some of it good enough to fool experts right down to the stamps. I saw a 5.45 krinkov that is now sitting in a museum somewhere, that is thought to be an original but is a very good fake. It has a Russian barrel trunion, a cut down 74 barrel a completely redone reciever (I want to say it was a Bulgarian that was polished and restamped w/russian markings). I took about 15 minutes of looking at it to determine it a complete fake.
Remember some of the best mathematicians come from Pakistan and India. I would call those peole anything but a 1/2 wit. They just aren't as "advanced" as us and don't have everything we have available.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 4:38:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 5:34:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Who makes the replacement Uzi barrel's for Bushmaster????? Are they import's or US made??

ETA:I mean if they can make a $73 16" Uzi barrel an AK barrel could'nt be any more pricey...
And to apologize on stepping on you're thread Cyclone..
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 6:15:27 AM EDT
[#12]
No problem Jicky............step all you want, because the various opinions are fine with me
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top