Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/15/2005 11:55:43 AM EDT
just wanted to know if anyone had anything built from them?
Link Posted: 10/15/2005 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two of their builds, M92 Krink rifle and pistol.  Rock solid builds.  Good fit and finish and accurate.
Link Posted: 10/15/2005 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/15/2005 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/15/2005 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it really time for the weekly Elite Firearms thread already? Time flies
Link Posted: 10/15/2005 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I have not heard many good things from them....just take a good look at the pic on this thread....

May be a good idea to lock this thread before it gets really nasty
Link Posted: 10/15/2005 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here is a picture of his "work"
img274.echo.cx/img274/87/slr1050131xd.jpg

Some threads for you to read.

www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=72351

www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=73703

www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=76221

www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=73974

I'm sure he has built some nice rifles.  

I laugh my ass off everytime I see those engravings.  THe stuff centuary did on the SAR1's with a dremel looks better
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 5:11:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Since all of these threads about Diamond Dave and Elite FireArms of Hurst, TX seem to have gone away I thought I'd link to a few more on other sites:

Anyone wanna buy my old RPK74?

getting stiffed need help

Elite Firearms, Phone number Options  

Elite Firearms, word to the wise

warning about Elite Firearms

Negative experience

Dave Michener is a con-artist, thief and all-around piece of shit. The good news is that Ted Marshall has completed the repairs on the "markings" that Diamond Dave gouged in and Chris Butler should be finishing the rest shortly.

Edited to add two more links to rave Dave reviews.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 6:13:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I love a guy with a vendetta ...
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 6:25:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I bet youre glad you asked!
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 6:37:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I bet youre glad you asked!

+1
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 9:02:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 9:05:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Wow...........I never saw THAT pic before!  I wonder if they looked better with or without the white lacquer??
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 9:34:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Wow...........I never saw THAT pic before!  I wonder if they looked better with or without the white lacquer??

Thekatar will tell you, thats BARE, unprotected steel there.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 11:39:59 AM EDT
[#14]
What is lost in this discussion is the fact that Dave at Elite admitted his mistake and had the problem fixed by Marshall and paid for the fix.  This would satisfy most customers.  Let's see a pic of the fixed receiver.  Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What is lost in this discussion is the fact that Dave at Elite admitted his mistake and had the problem fixed by Marshall and paid for the fix.  This would satisfy most customers.  Let's see a pic of the fixed receiver.  Merry Christmas.

Total fucking BULLSHIT, you are CATEGORICALLY WRONG.

Dave NEVER admitted his "mistake".

I had my rifle sent to get fixed by AKUSA and Ted Marshall.

Dave WITHDREW his initial offer to pay to fix the rifle, it is getting fixed at MY EXPENSE.

Get your head out of your ass. Or are you one of Dave's cronies that run around the boards rtrying to defend him?
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Whatever......do us a favor and go back to military gun supply and lock yourself inside
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dave WITHDREW his initial offer to pay to fix the rifle, it is getting fixed at MY EXPENSE.

Get your head out of your ass. Or are you one of Dave's cronies that run around the boards rtrying to defend him?

Delta, you fucked up again.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#18]
May be a good idea to lock this thread before it gets really nasty

Agreed.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#19]
This thread is meant as INFORMATION.

I already got burnt; I don't want others to make my mistake.

There are a few other places out there named Elite so let's make perfectly clear who to stay away from:

"Diamond Dave" Dave Michener
Elite FireArms
411 W. Bedford-Euless Rd
Hurst, Texas 76053
(817) 285-8663
[email protected]

So many people lately have been getting burned by this guy. I don't want anybody else getting burned. You can read all of the various examples of shoddy workmanship, veiled threats and lies. He is also under the "protection" of David Thornton at GunsNet who deletes any bad reviews... you know how that game works.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 1:28:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Thekatar everyone here knows you are a good honest guy I was just agreeing with xcibes because threads like this tend to get a little heated, no offense intended.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You can read all of the various examples of shoddy workmanship, veiled threats and lies. He is also under the "protection" of David Thornton at GunsNet who deletes any bad reviews... you know how that game works.

Story time.

Once upon a time, ol' Davie used to go by davem on GunsNet.

True to his ways, he ripped some folks off and got banned for it. Once he came up with the Elite gig, he lined Thorntons pockets with a little green - and instantly he was accepted again, and his dirty past was whisked away.

I still have the rip-off threads, which of course have been deleted from the GunsNet server, for anyone who is interested.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I still have the rip-off threads, which of course have been deleted from the GunsNet server, for anyone who is interested.

Post em!
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Delta, you fucked up again.

Well folks you do get a little excited.  I will accept the above.  Maybe I was lied to, because I asked Dave about this issue before I had a build done by him.  Maybe he did a good job on my build becase he did not want to lose the sale.  So I wasn't burned; whatever.  Nice friendly discussion.  Thanks for the free advice.  You make a lot of friends  that way.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Post em!

PM sent. Theyre long - so I wont take up space in this thread with them. Feel free to repost.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Sure, PM me.  I feel like I've been duped.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#26]
AKSpray - no offense taken at all.

DeltaDelta214 -

What is lost in this discussion is the fact that Dave at Elite admitted his mistake and had the problem fixed by Marshall and paid for the fix. This would satisfy most customers. Let's see a pic of the fixed receiver. Merry Christmas.

Well folks you do get a little excited. I will accept the above. Maybe I was lied to, because I asked Dave about this issue before I had a build done by him. Maybe he did a good job on my build becase he did not want to lose the sale. So I wasn't burned; whatever. Nice friendly discussion. Thanks for the free advice. You make a lot of friends that way.

You make a lot of friends running your mouth about shit you don't know anything about. I tend to "get excited" when my honor comes into question. BTW, you HAVE been duped. Maybe you lucked out and got a good firearm, but you were still duped.

Merry Christmas to you, too.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 3:40:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Here is my story.  Bought this AK-74 from Military Gun Supply, built by Elite Firearms (They told me ) about a year ago.  Looks really nice.  I was happy.

Went to the range to try it out.  Every round the trigger stuck rearward.  Crappy Century parts.  Posted pic on GunsNet with review.  Dave replied he would fix the trigger if I sent it to him.  Fair enough, but I just decided to drop in a Tapco G-2.  Still happy with rifle.
 Two weeks ago went to range to try again (Been busy with other stuff).  Fired a few rounds and then the jams started.  FTF, FTE, etc.  Was starting to get ticked off.  My friend asked to try it out at the 100 yard line.  A few minutes later, he came back saying it was "stuck".  The bolt was jammed to the rear and would not move.  I had to beat it against a table to free the bolt.  After popping off the cover, I found a live 5.45 round smashed behind the bolt and rear trunion.  Totally messed up.  The receiver looks slightly twisted now (OOW).  Managed to fire a few more rounds, but with multiple jams.
 I will take the rifle to another reputable builder to see if it can be saved.  May have it re-built on an Arsenal receiver.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Merkava, I recognize that picture.

Oh yes, its on the elitefirearms.net website under customer comments, with a raving review to boot!

http://www.elitefirearms.net/customerGallery.php

"The Bulgarian Ak-74 is really nice. Everything is straight, the finish is perfect, and it shoots great.

Robert H, Palestine Texas"

Link Posted: 11/29/2005 3:48:28 PM EDT
[#29]
I never like to introduce myself into these kind of  "informative" threads....

Even though they are needed.

But As I actually wanted to use Elite for some Saiga shit since Jan 2005. And earlier..He was the Saiga guy kinda around the Saiga12.com forum

But now I'm like "hell no"...

To get to the point...

Has Dave ever responded to these threads. In any capacity? Or informative e-mails on returns, or help?

I tried to engage him on Saiga12.com the other day when I saw him on-line reading threads pertaining to his "work"...

That didn't happen. He hasn't replied.

Just curious. Since moving to TX. I haven't found a real "gun rich" environment like I thought I would. And I'm a few hours from Dallas/Fort Worth.

MilitaryGunSupply, and Elite territory.

Link Posted: 11/29/2005 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#30]

If you're asking if Dave has responded to any threads, the answer is yes.

If you're asking if Dave has responded intelligently to any threads, well, no.

Here is a fine example:

www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8740
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#31]

Oh yes, its on the elitefirearms.net website under customer comments, with a raving review to boot!

"The Bulgarian Ak-74 is really nice. Everything is straight, the finish is perfect, and it shoots great.

Yep, I wrote that .  When they asked me for a quote fot their webpage, I did mention the trigger problems.  That part was not included in the quote.  It did shoot nice when it worked.   The rifle does look really good.  It just won't function very well.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Here is an email sent to me by an extremely well-regarded and highly skilled AK builder whom everybody around here is familiar with:

Thekatar,

I learned from a customer about the thread on AR15.com.  Hang in there and stick to your principles.  All I can say is there is a lot of bad information and some VERY misinformed folks out there.  I don't know who this guy is from TX, but certainly I will help you to straighten him out.  Sloppy, negligent  work seems to have become the -new- standard as it applies to AK work.  I just will not accept this shit, nor will I accept it in any other part in my life.

I think it is about time the trash is taken out..................

For those who don't want to spend the money to do things right, that is their decision.  To group everything together as equivalent is a serious problem, as there is a difference;  a REAL tangible difference which often comes down to personal safety.  I see it, and hear it on the phone everyday.

This will need to be illustrated on this, and other threads.  Perhaps then, these folks will begin to understand.

His 'Grade A+'  jobs are hardly that.  I can see the rivets are wrong and not even close to factory.  The rivet heads do not look right.  They are most likely non-metric American grade with no bevel.  This gun will shoot loose.  I also see the receiver does not match the top cover.  I am positive the receiver is un-hardened as well.

I just noticed the rear trunnion block on his A+ rifle is incorrect.  It is AKM.  Not good.

I think this thread may be a good educational opportunity from many.

It comes down to this;    do you want the cheapest parachute, fire extinguisher, or helmet?????   These are firearms.  I wonder if these same people would be willing to accept delivery of a new $40,000 truck with scratches;  after all, it is just a truck. ????

Here are some photos.......

Please post those nice Maadi photos I sent you as well.

Regards,

xxxxxxxxxxxx

If anybody is interested I will PM about who authored this letter, but you can probably figure it out.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Yep, I wrote that .  When they asked me for a quote fot their webpage, I did mention the trigger problems.  That part was not included in the quote.  It did shoot nice when it worked.   The rifle does look really good.  It just won't function very well.

How strange! The problem with the trigger was accidently left out.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#34]
I am a retired combst officier from the Nam era.  I try to give most folks the benefit of a doubt.  I do not like to be lied to; and I think i have been lied to; and I do not like it.  Thanks for the insight; i got it now.  Merry Christmas

Quoted:
AKSpray - no offense taken at all.

DeltaDelta214 -

What is lost in this discussion is the fact that Dave at Elite admitted his mistake and had the problem fixed by Marshall and paid for the fix. This would satisfy most customers. Let's see a pic of the fixed receiver. Merry Christmas.

Well folks you do get a little excited. I will accept the above. Maybe I was lied to, because I asked Dave about this issue before I had a build done by him. Maybe he did a good job on my build becase he did not want to lose the sale. So I wasn't burned; whatever. Nice friendly discussion. Thanks for the free advice. You make a lot of friends that way.

You make a lot of friends running your mouth about shit you don't know anything about. I tend to "get excited" when my honor comes into question. BTW, you HAVE been duped. Maybe you lucked out and got a good firearm, but you were still duped.

Merry Christmas to you, too.

Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Here is a picture of his "work"
img274.echo.cx/img274/87/slr1050131xd.jpg

OMFG!!  That is a joke.  I dont see how someone thinks they can charge for that lettering.  You could train a monkey to do a better job.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't think the monkey would need any training to do a better job than that.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 5:02:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Are you sure this guy isn't from Kansas?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top