Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/7/2006 10:12:12 PM EDT
Is this legit or all bs??? you decide, he even advises that he accidently ground off one number in the serial??/wtf???

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42136512
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
10 ' Pole
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:19:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
10 ' Pole

no joke thats what i thought!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Its possible, but not likely.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#5]
it says made in the usa on the rifle, b-west tucson Arizona
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:48:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
it says made in the usa on the rifle, b-west tucson Arizona

ya he mentioned if you read it it was "rebuyilt" with that reciever, go back and read the whole thing, then youll get the idea
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Note the empty spot on the form where a tax stamp shoudl be.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

lol thats not  good, didnt notice that!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yeah read it, he said the ATF said hell no, so there wouldn't be a stamp.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's alot to read. i'll have to check it out in the morning.

But someone tried to reigster a machinegun, ATF say no way. So, we're looking at an unregistered MG receiver? semi or not... once a MG, always a MG....

i'm gonna have to re-read that in the morning.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:09:43 PM EDT
[#11]
No dude read it an look at the pics...heh.

Story is someone smuggled an AK back from desert storm.  Several years later his friend tried to register it.. the ATF said hell no and told him to surrender it.  He disassembled it and gave the ATF just the receiver.  So now he has a war trophy parts kit.  He had it assembled on a b-west receiver as a semi auto and is now selling it.

Thats the story.. like I said its possible, but not likely.  I sure as hell won't be buying it
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol thats why he is trying to dump the weapon, but i really dont see the legality of owning this firearm wether or not it has the proper usa parts or not? what ami missing?? legal or not? should i make a poll?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Poll added to see what others are thinking on this.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Its been demilled and rebuilt as a semi auto with a US made semi auto rec.  The only possible illegal thing I'm seeing is how the parts got into the country.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:19:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, I mean, what's not plausible here?  Just that the BATFE let the guy walk when he told them he had come into the possession of an unregistered machine gun and was trying to do the right thing with it?  Can't say that's terribly unlikely.  But I dunno, I'm no expert and I'm interested in hearing what others have to say.

Educate me.  It's a wierd story, but what say you, AK experts?  Is that a real type 56?  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:20:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Its been demilled and rebuilt as a semi auto with a US made semi auto rec.  The only possible illegal thing I'm seeing is how the parts got into the country.

Yeah.  I mean, the "gun" as far as the ATF is concerned no longer exists-the receiver was turned in to them.  So what's the problem?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:22:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Seeing how B-West built AK's on demilled Norinco kits (and got in trouble for it), I am going to call a BS on this one. Add to the fact that a receiver was turned into ATF??? Somebody imported an implement of war (the parts) and ATF just turns a blind eye  I don't think so.

thanks,
Ron

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:26:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Does that barrel look threaded to you? Also, the front site base doesn't have the detent to hold a flash hider in place? Maybe I am wrong (have been once or twice) but that barrel looks like a post-ban barrel.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:35:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Holy shit i just figured out this is the same guy who has a 1000 rounds of 5.45x39  for sale for 1000 bucks!!! the same guy!! lol

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42136515
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:56:50 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Seeing how B-West built AK's on demilled Norinco kits (and got in trouble for it), I am going to call a BS on this one. Add to the fact that a receiver was turned into ATF??? Somebody imported an implement of war (the parts) and ATF just turns a blind eye  I don't think so.

thanks,
Ron

If it did come back from GWI, the statue of limitations on importing is long since passed.

Not to mention, the purchaser would not be guilty of anything, other then being stupid and buying into the guys story.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:16:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Why would anyone in the sandbox  have an AK with the bayo lug ground off?  Hmmm.  
My BS-O-meter is pinging.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:55:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:04:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Yeah,its legal,nothing special but legal........................I think the story is BS though!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:11:43 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Holy shit i just figured out this is the same guy who has a 1000 rounds of 5.45x39  for sale for 1000 bucks!!! the same guy!! lol

LMAO... someone wrote on the tin with a sharpie "Steel Core Ammo" so it must be Steel core.

ETA: The story is
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:15:21 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Why would anyone in the sandbox  have an AK with the bayo lug ground off?  Hmmm.  
My BS-O-meter is pinging.

Cause the guy don't know what he is talking about..

That AK does have provisions for a bayonet.. It uses a Type I bayonet, that locks on the front sight base, not the gas block..
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:17:47 AM EDT
[#27]
I have a AKS that found its way from the sands of the middle east also..
its called a PLO capture gun , hundreds were imported and built on semi recievers
its very possable this chinese gun was among them ..so the story of it comming from the middle
east can very likely be true..    but the story as told is made up to jack the price of the gun up

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:31:44 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I have a AKS that found its way from the sands of the middle east also..
its called a PLO capture gun , hundreds were imported and built on semi recievers
its very possable this chinese gun was among them ..so the story of it comming from the middle
east can very likely be true..    but the story as told is made up to jack the price of the gun up

did you get yours from joeken??  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:55:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Actually, thats what a real RUssian Military ammo can looks like...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:33:47 AM EDT
[#30]
No i did not buy mine from JoeKen ,,,, i built mine myself ....

PLO kit was bought thru Sportsmans Guide a couple years ago, built on a
milled Fl reciever...  
Joeken sold PLO AKM stamped reciever guns that were complete along with kits..

I remember seeing pics of a shipping container full of PLO weapons of all kinds
that were sold for parts kits...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:56:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Does that barrel look threaded to you? Also, the front site base doesn't have the detent to hold a flash hider in place? Maybe I am wrong (have been once or twice) but that barrel looks like a post-ban barrel.

thanks,
Ron

The Red Chinese designed their Type 56-1 for easier mass production, with no threads on the end of the barrel.  This was an export model, and they flooded the world with them.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:29:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:56:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Jeep's picture reminded me that the right buttstock for a Type 56-1 is the side-folder with plastic inserts, not the underfolder that the auction rifle has.  

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:02:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Can't wait for "Arsenal gun Bringbacks" and the stories .
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:04:02 AM EDT
[#35]
I wonder if my Romy parts kit rifles were used during the revolution. Maybe they were used for the execution? Yeah. That's it. That's the ticket. They must be worth thousands.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:13:31 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't know about the whole gun, but the symbol painted on the furniture is very common in Iraq and it's the first time I've seen it on anything here.

Maybe the guy just brought back the wood furniture.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:27:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:31:06 AM EDT
[#38]
I have pics of a Chinese folder with no bayonet lug,  with Iraqi markings, from the Gulf War.  Chinese sold guns, it didn't matter if it had bayonet lug or not.  Also, this one did not have a threated barrel either.  I've seen them in other parts of the world (pics) with the same features.  With the millions of AK's the Chinks have sold over the years, you will see all kinds of variants and options on these rifles.  Just my thoughts...Tommy.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:58:12 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I don't know about the whole gun, but the symbol painted on the furniture is very common in Iraq and it's the first time I've seen it on anything here.

Maybe the guy just brought back the wood furniture.

And it's not possible that he painted that on, right?

I did. On a bayonet since the fucks wouldn't let me bring one back. But if i sold it as a bring back. I'd be lieing. I wanted a plaque built. so I did it on a polish bayonet. Just like I pulled in Iraq.

Guess it can't be proved.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:21:47 AM EDT
[#40]
First, the BATF didn't get in trouble for making AKs from chinese kits, they got in trouble for having the sheet metal shop down the road make their receivers (instead of making them themselves)

Second, A B-west is technicaly a "pre pre ban" built before there was the parts count ban, USA receiver = USA made gun.

The fact that it may not have been assembled fully before the ban may or may not matter though.

And the parts kit was illegaly imported.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:34:35 AM EDT
[#41]
BSBSBBSBSBBSBSSBSBSBSBSSBSBSBBSBSBSBBSBSSBSSBSBBSSBSBSBSBSBBSBSBsBSBSBBSBSBBSBSSBSBSBSBSSBSBSBBSBSBSBBSBSSBSSBSBBSSBSBSBSBSBBSBSBsBSBSBBSBSBBSBSSBSBSBSBSSBSBSBBSBSBSBBSBSSBSSBSBBSSBSBSBSBSBBSBSBsBSBSBBSBSBBSBSSBSBSBSBSSBSBSBBSBSBSBBSBSSBSSBSBBSSBSBSBSBSBBSBSBs
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
First, the BATF? you mean B-West of course didn't get in trouble for making AKs from chinese kits, they got in trouble for having the sheet metal shop down the road make their receivers (instead of making them themselves)

Second, A B-west is technicaly a "pre pre ban" built before there was the parts count ban, USA receiver = USA made gun.

The fact that it may not have been assembled fully before the ban may or may not matter though.

And the parts kit was illegaly imported.

The story is probably all BS.  The parts kit probably came in legally via an importer in the last 2 years, probably from the PLO kits (or the guy just had the furniture and used a Chinese barrel), this clown gets the kit, builds it on a B-West receiver and is now trying to con someone to get more $ for it.  Seeing that he is selling a case of 5.45x39 for $1000.00, he is an idiot.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Well there you go.

I've seen it all.............
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Check out this custom shit

nas4.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/042122000/42122829/pix4283780734.jpg

I saw the same kind of shit from this guy almost a year ago, the buttstock was like a shark IIRC.

I cant belive the guy is still turning that crap out.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Traveler's Rest, SC eh? I am in Columbia, should I drive up and kick his ass for being an idiot and giving gun owners in SC a bad name?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm still trying to figure out what friggin ATF form that is..........it isn't even needed!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#48]
the gun is legal, 922r compliant(so he says).

The story is.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:22:44 AM EDT
[#49]
The Receiver is marked that it was made in AZ.  If the story is true then the rifle was demilled and remanufactured as a parts kit here in the states.

I'll vode for the BS theory on the story though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:42:03 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
The Receiver is marked that it was made in AZ.  If the story is true then the rifle was demilled and remanufactured as a parts kit here in the states.

I'll vode for the BS theory on the story though.

+1

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top