Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2006 6:44:26 AM EDT
I took my new WASR to the range for the first time last night, and noticed two things :

1) The newness of the receiver was (sometimes) keeping the bolt from closing all the way.  I assume this will work itself out after a few more rounds.  It already started getting better after just 60.  It's annoying to have to tap it forward after each shot though.  meh, *shrug*

2) The rifle shoots up and to the right, consistently.  I shot a 20-rd pattern (with POA center of mass) into a silhouette target at 50yds and the pattern was on the upper right shoulder.  I found out that you have to have some special tool to adjust the windage (elevation I can handle).  

I've found some online ranging from $5 (combathunting.com) to $20 (tapco.com).  Is there a WECSOG way of making one?  Is it even worth it?  It looks like just a simple little C-clamp "press".  Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:44:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd just go ahead and get one.  It is just a C-clamp, but it has a hole on the non-screw side so the bar that the front sight is on can move (if that makes any sense).  It would be a pain to try to adjust with a regular C-clamp.  5-10 bucks is a bargin for a handy tool like that.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:56:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the feedback, I will probably just pick one up.  I'd hate to pay shipping on a $5 item, so it looks like I'll have to find some other stuff to buy...

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:31:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I have this one and recommend it highly recomend it.

B square sight pusher
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
I have this one and recommend it highly recomend it.

B square sight pusher

I was looking at that one just now.  There's another one on midway that has some really bad reviews.  This particular one is on backorder, though.  Thanks for the feedback.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:17:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#6]
hey man...I have bought the cheap chinease sight tools and they are crap(bend and snap over time) best AK sight tool is from Tapco...very heavy duty and works great...I highly recommend you get the Tapco AK sight adjustment tool
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Why can't you just use a C-clamp with a short socket on the other side to clear the sight mount?

You're not gonna be adjusting it enough to need a special tool just for that are you?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:29:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Why can't you just use a C-clamp with a short socket on the other side to clear the sight mount?

You're not gonna be adjusting it enough to need a special tool just for that are you?

The front sight slide can be very tight on WASRs. I had to use a vise and socket to break it loose. Once it started moving I used the Tapco U.S. made tool. It works great.
The Chinese made ones are junk. I had one. It didn't work 'cause the hole on the side opposite of the screw is too small to accept the front sight slide.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks guys -- I picked one up at the Gun Show in Fort Worth.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#10]
meh, I tried to use it and it just bent open.  grr.

I guess I'll order the nice one from midway.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, I re-read this thread and noticed the post about the bench vise and the toughness of the front sight.  This was indeed the case.  I used the bench vise + sockets to break it loose.

Also, the hole in the sight tool seemed to be the *exact* same diameter as the front sight piece.  I had to re-drill the hole in the tool with a slightly larger drill bit.  Now the tool works like a charm.  I love the internet sometimes.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:33:13 AM EDT
[#12]

link

Best money I ever spent on an AK accessory. That thing will move *any* AK sight and its built like a tank.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#13]
That link is broken.  That is your shopping cart link, not a link to the item.  ;)
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Just avoid the ones made from soft metals and you'll be alright.  Tapco sells one thats made from a chunk of steel and milled out.  I had one and then lost it.  Another member here was kind enough to send me one they had for free.  Lets just say he got some good feedback here on ARFCOM!

CMS
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top