Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/16/2023 1:03:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Weldy17]
Alright my great people of ak community i come to you with a freaking problem that i'm sure most of yall will definitely help me with easily.

I have bought my first ever AK and i said why not buy PSA's AK 100's series that seem modern and i have been hearing good stuff about, so here i buy the PSA AK-102 chambered in 5.56mm rounds and while i am disassembling it (as i do with any other firearms i own with the purpose of getting to know the firearm better in and out) I stumble across a freaking front sight gas block that until now seems to be soldered on but still hoping that's not the case. I don't know or have the minimal idea on why the hell PSA would do such a thing but if that's the case i need suggestions on taking that shit off, if that's not the case then how the hell do i remove that front sight gas block from the barrel?

Main reason for the removal is so i can install a gas block that does not have the front sight on it, let it be a 45 degree gas block or a 90 degree gas block.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:06:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:17:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dntama] [#2]
It’s pinned on and may be pressed on very tight. You might need a press to get it off after removing the lower pin. That barrel looks short. I don’t know what you plan on replacing the gas block/sight with.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 3:53:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Bruh i clearly stated the reason and with what i want to replace it with... A 45 degree gas block or a 90 degree gas block without the sight... I can care less about the sight of an AK i can easily zero sight an ak with a laser dummy round like i have with all my weapons making it shoot the target good.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 4:06:07 AM EDT
[#4]
"Bruh?"
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok no need for a front sight..
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you plan to install a front sight elsewhere on the gun?  Or maybe just plan to use an optic only?
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By d16man:
Welcome to arfcom OP.  I suggest you read the COC and are mindful that this is a tech area where people will try to help you.....this isn't General Discussion.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I did... I don't even know why you even have to state that...
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top