User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/28/2007 4:03:49 PM EDT
OKAY,

Don't know what's going on. RSR is advertising both the 106CR and 107CR with Krink brake's! According to the description, the brake's are included with the rifle. It's a slip over the barrel type. They must be shipping from ARSENAL this way now, but I don't see anything on the ARSENAL website. Perhap's K-Var will be selling these as well, and hopefully for the ARSENAL Krink's too! Would love to outfit my 107UR with one! Beat's their fake Russian suppressor IMHO

Here's the RSR link, but you'll have to put in KRINK in the keyword search:

http://www.rsrgroup.com/cgi-bin/cgirpcux/WTM-002O

I'm going to have my dealer order me a 107CR from RSR this coming week! Been holding off due to not even knowing what to put on the barrel. These are FANTASTIC!
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]
height=8
Quoted:
OKAY,

Don't know what's going on. RSR is advertising both the 106CR and 107CR with Krink brake's! According to the description, the brake's are included with the rifle. It's a slip over the barrel type. They must be shipping from ARSENAL this way now, but I don't see anything on the ARSENAL website. Perhap's K-Var will be selling these as well, and hopefully for the ARSENAL Krink's too! Would love to outfit my 107UR with one! Beat's their fake Russian suppressor IMHO

Here's the RSR link, but you'll have to put in KRINK in the keyword search:

http://www.rsrgroup.com/cgi-bin/cgirpcux/WTM-002O

I'm going to have my dealer order me a 107CR from RSR this coming week! Been holding off due to not even knowing what to put on the barrel. These are FANTASTIC!

Very Nice.. Wonder who is selling these. I'm thinking about a 107CR again.

John
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#2]
You know, that was the ONLY reason I didn't buy one to begin with. Nothing to put on the barrel! I don't know if other 107CR's from other source's have the Krink brake's, but the one's from RSR doe's.
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You know, that was the ONLY reason I didn't buy one to begin with. Nothing to put on the barrel! I don't know if other 107CR's from other source's have the Krink brake's, but the one's from RSR doe's.

True. Thats why recently I been thinking about waiting and buying the 107FR.

When it finally comes out. Arsenal don't seem to do anything fast.

Almost feel like buying my brother's MAK 90 and converting it.

AK are so confusing...lol...Compared to buying a AR15.

John
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's the photo from the RSR site:

Now, doesn't the 107CR look SO much better??

Link Posted: 10/29/2007 8:15:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I talked with K-Var this morning. I was told that they (K-Var) will more than likely NOT be stocking these brake's, as ARSENAL produced these for a limited edition 107CR for RSR ONLY! I can't believe it! I'm waiting on a call back from ARSENAL to find out if they will be releasing these brake's for sale through K-Var, or the option of those who already own the CR model's to obtain one. AIM Surplus is looking into it as well. I'll update this thread when more information become's available. I WOULD STILL SUGGEST THAT THOSE WHO WANT THEM BOMBARD K-VAR'S PHONE LINE'S!! Giving a call to ARSENAL wouldn't hurt either!

ARSENAL-888-539-2220

K-Var-702-364-8880

Even though I'm buying my 107CR from RSR, many already have purchased one, and don't exactly know what to do with their barrel's.  It's not right IMO that ARSENAL is restricting these only for the new gun's from RSR! Actually, I would still buy from K-Var for extra's. Hopefully, some word from either enitity will surface within the next few day's.

Link Posted: 10/29/2007 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I received a call back from ARSENAL moment's ago. They will DEFINITLY be offering these extended Krink brake's FOR SALE very soon. They will most likely be selling them directly, and not through K-Var, as was told to me. I was told a very POSITIVE, VERY SOON! That's great news! Apparently they received numerous call's today about them!

I asked about an extended Krink brake for the 106U/UR-107UR, and was informed MAYBE, but nothing definite. I'll keep my finger's crossed for those. I'm sure there is the same amount of desire for these, as the other's.

I'd still recommend call's to ARSENAL to drive the point home that there is ample demand for these brake's

Will update this thread immediately upon any new information!
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 9:38:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I spoke with Arsenal Inc today and they did confirm that these rifles will be available throught RSR only.  They also confirmed that they have NO plans of releasing the brake by itself and for right now it will ONLY be released on the rifle that they are selling to RSR.  I don't know about you but I can't wait to get one of these rifles, I wish they would release the brake by itself, but it's ok, cause now I have another excuse to get another rifle
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I called ARSENAL about the situation AGAIN, and again they told me that they will offer them for sale soon. Whatever they mean by soon, I do not know. I guess we'll have to wait and see. RSR is completely SOLD OUT right now on the 107CR rifle's.

ARSENAL is known for putting out contradictory information though.

Let's keep our finger's crossed!
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you guys know if this is a slip on fake brake that just covers the barrel and is removable, or is the barrel chopped at the sight block with the brake permanently attached?
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#10]
It's a SLIP OVER the barrel brake, and the cone extends pass the muzzle! NO cutting/welding BS involved.

IF ARSENAL goes back on their word to me, and decide's not to sell the brake's, here is their contact information: [email protected] We MUST let them know that we want these brake's, without buying a LIMITED EDITION rifle through RSR! Total bullshit! Let's email them, and let them know!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#11]
E-mail sent!
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been wanting one but not in the configuration that they our in. When Arsenal finally decides to sell them with the option for the krink fh to the masses then I am in. Other wise I am not going to buy and hope I can get a fh. This kills me as I would love to have one but no SBR where I live. Lionheart, thanks for keeping us up to date on this matter. Looks like we live in the same neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 9:43:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Surely there is a break less ugly than that abomination?  
Link Posted: 11/3/2007 3:25:12 AM EDT
[#14]
There's the extended one over at AK-USA www.ak-103.com.  But, it's $150 (that doesn't inlcude shipping)Then it'll cost you $150 -200 to have a smith cut & crown your barrel, perm attach it and re-finish the area. I think it looks cool, but there's a lot of ammo that can be bought for $300-350.

Here it is on a rifle

The arsenal brake ain't great, but it's allright.  It slips over the barrel (so you can keep the 16" bbl....gotta have 16" anyway, might as well get all the velocity you can) and threads onto the 24mm threads at the FSB/gas chamber...no mods needed.
Link Posted: 11/3/2007 9:08:31 AM EDT
[#15]
The brake's offered through Chris was something that came out during the ban years, and is ATF approved as a muzzle brake, and not a flash hider. That may be OKAY for some, but I would rather have some flash hiding capabilities. The only good option for an easy install would be the flash hider Krink brake as offered through ARSENAL. They don't look bad IMO, and really improve's the current look of the 107CR's. I ordered mine through AIM since they got the best deal around right now, and I know they are trying to get some for their current inventory from ARSENAL. I hope this prove's succesfull. Otherwise, I may be stuck for a while waiting on a pre-owned ARSENAL brake to show up on one of the for sale boards. Or perhaps I'll be able to order one directly from ARSENAL, as they said I could later on. Whether or not that hold's true is anyone's guess. The brake's sold by Chris look nice, and one can hope that he'll offer authentic Krink brake's for the 7.62 SBR's, as K-Var isn't going to be selling these anymore either.
Link Posted: 11/6/2007 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Any update if Arsenal or K-VAR are going to carry these?

They do look very good on the 107CR.

Whats RSR selling the 107CR for?

John
Link Posted: 11/6/2007 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#17]
RSR, according to a dealer friend of mine who talked with them recently, hasn't yet sold any 106CR or 107CR rifle's with the Krink brake. It's a coming soon item. Even though ARSENAL has stopped production of the 106CR 5.56 model, they still have plenty in stock, and from WHAT I WAS TOLD, RSR had informed ARSENAL to make the rifle's more appealing for dealer's, hence the introduction of the slip over brake. Apparently, they didn't prove very popular, and this was ARSENAL's fix to jazz 'em up. It work's IMO, but none will be available for at least six month's from ARSENAL/K-VAR. It's an EXCLUSIVE according to ARSENAL only for RSR, being called a LIMITED EDITION rifle.  I'm assuming the last remaining rifle's will be shipping to RSR, all of which will have the brake. That's exactly the reason I didn't buy one when first introduced, not knowing what to do with the barrel, as mentioned several time's before.  From what I was informed of yesterday, the brake's will be for sale, but not as soon as ARSENAL first told me they would me, however. At least though, those who want them, will be able to get one. I'm assuming, despite what I was first told by ARSENAL, that K-Var will most likely be selling them when the time come's..
Link Posted: 11/6/2007 10:43:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the update.

John
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 4:03:38 AM EDT
[#19]
My SLR-107CR was delivered to my FFL yesterday and I'm going to pick it up after work. Luckily I live in a SBR friendly area so I'll send in my Form 1 and when that is approved mine is going to Chris @ ak-103 to have the barrel cut down, re-crowned, blued and one of his AK-104 brakes install.

I can hardly wait, I'm more excited about this AK than I am my Arsenal Classic and the Type III AKs have always been my favorites.
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Anybody know if these brakes are avilable from IGF?  
http://www.investmentgradefirearms.com/igfproducts.htm
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Jayson should have a few left. I would contact him about it. IMO, look's a little goofy...
For $50.00 more, one could just get an extended Krink brake from Christ over at http://www.ak-103.com Either way, it's a cut/crown/weld job.

Personally, I'm going to hold out for the other. One of these day's, they'll be out!
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#22]
It is a bit goofy lookin' and I sure don't want the rifle lookin' too much like its owner
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 10:40:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Arsenal now list the 107CR with the Krink Brakes on the Arsenal web site. I think you will be seeing some of these around the next few months. Check out the Arsenal web site.

Anyone know if its a fuctioning brake? or just for show?  Looks like it should work.

John
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, I noticed that too. Also, it is a functioning flash hider, don't know about any recoil reducing qualities, but I'm betting not. ARSENAL told me that the cone extends past the muzzle. Should be effective as the standard Krink attachment. K-Var should be selling them soon I would imagine.

OT-Picked up the new HK45 pistol the other day. WOW, over a year of waiting, and it's been worth it. Great pistol!
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Lionhart

Any update on KVAR carry there extended Brakes?

John
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#26]
I spoke to Arsenal and RSR last week...Arsenal said they are not selling the brakes  and neither is KVAR at least for the foreseeable future...The guy at Arsenal was polite enough and said the deal was with RSR, and if I wanted that brake I needed to buy another rifle from RSR..some type of exclusive deal the owner of Arsenal made with them, which basically ties their hands on the sale of the brake...Also he said KVAR wasn't going to sell them either as it wasn't their deal....

RSR said they were out of rifles and wasn't sure when they were getting more in...maybe by the new year, but they weren't sure..

So it looks like the brake is only available if you buy a RSR rifle and the rifles are sold out...hope this helps...
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 3:07:37 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
There's the extended one over at AK-USA www.ak-103.com.  But, it's $150 (that doesn't inlcude shipping)Then it'll cost you $150 -200 to have a smith cut & crown your barrel, perm attach it and re-finish the area. I think it looks cool, but there's a lot of ammo that can be bought for $300-350.

Here it is on a rifle www.ak-103.com/images/img_rif_104_sm.jpg

The arsenal brake ain't great, but it's allright.  It slips over the barrel (so you can keep the 16" bbl....gotta have 16" anyway, might as well get all the velocity you can) and threads onto the 24mm threads at the FSB/gas chamber...no mods needed.

I spoke with Chris at AK USA lastnight with regard to cutting and crowning the barrel and installing his 104 brake on the 107CR. He said the total cost for everything is more like $500 !!
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 5:09:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Found this last night...is this what you guys are looking for?

www.hammerstonearsenal.com/AK100_Parts.html

Link Posted: 11/27/2007 5:19:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#30]
I might be wrong but I don't think that is the brake RSR is using..Their brake screws onto the gas block and shrouds the 16" barrel from my understanding..I would guess it has contact points along the barrel and the inside rest on the muzzle, with the cone being past the current muzzle.

The brake you have shown appears to need the barrel to be cut and permanently attached..
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I might be wrong but I don't think that is the brake RSR is using...

Understood...I thought it might be an option for those wanting that style brake without having to buy a complete rifle to get it.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I might be wrong but I don't think that is the brake RSR is using..Their brake screws onto the gas block and shrouds the 16" barrel from my understanding..I would guess it has contact points along the barrel and the inside rest on the muzzle, with the cone being past the current muzzle.

The brake you have shown appears to need the barrel to be cut and permanently attached..

I believe you are correct. That looks like the exact brake Chris Butler (AK USA) is offering / using on his 104's.
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#33]
They seem to now be available with brake:

Link
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't think that either Arsenal Inc. or K Var will be releasing this muzzle device anytime in the near future, so what are the chances of Chris at AK-USA making a direct copy of this item??

I know I'm dreaming, but I would more than happy if he came out with two versions... One for the SLR-106/107CR with the 16 inch barrel as a "slip over" type device and one with a total of 4 1/2 inches as a permanent  "pin-on" device for guys like me who purchased the 12+ inch barrels from K Var a few years ago to bring the total length up to 16 inches.

As for the version that AK-USA currently has for sale, I'm not too crazy about it since it doesn't follow the same pattern as the one by Arsenal Inc.

I know for a fact, I would be in for two, one for each of my AK-102 and AK-105 projects.

AK-USA put out some of the best AK muzzle brakes on the market today... I've purchased three of their Romanian AK-74 type muzzle brakes for my SAR-2 and SAR-3 rifles and they are so nice, I'm now planning to sell the original Romanian muzzle brakes I picked up several years ago!!  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:29:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Well,
I guess if enough of us e-mail Chris at AK-USA he might do it.  We can count on the quality, fit anf finish on the piece to be top notch.  However, I'd GUESS that it might be pricey..like $150-200 range (price of current AK-USA 104 brake/Flash hider).  I have no dount that it would look fantastic and function very well.

Maybe we should he e-mail him and see.  I just wonder would there be any copyright/trademark issues.  Would he have to design something completely different?  I dunno.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:45:27 AM EDT
[#36]
I am pretty disappointed at Arsenal

How hard could it be to sell these brakes to CR owners?

They have already ran through production.  They just attach to the end of the gas block.  Put it in a dang padded envelope and send it my way damnit!

Special deal only with RSR? Buy another rifle for a removable brake? That is disrespectful IMO.

Link Posted: 12/6/2007 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Well, I talked with ARSENAL again a few days ago, and despite what they told me a month or so ago, they WILL NOT be selling these brake's seperatly. If you want one, buy a new rifle from RSR. What a wash.......

Perhaps we can talk Chris into making them. His email is:

[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#38]
sorry they gave you the run around Lionhart.  It (and other's Arsenal experiences) have taught me not to even bother calling them.
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#39]
sorry they gave you the run around Lionhart.  It (and other's Arsenal experiences) have taught me not to even bother calling them.
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 7:27:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I emailed Chris from AK-103 this afternoon, to see if he could introduce a slip over the barrel Krink brake for these ARSENAL 106/107CR rifle's. I got a reply back from him this evening, and it was his belief that ARSENAL would sell them if there was a demand for them. I told him in a reply back that ARSENAL will NOT sell them, and that their only advise is to buy a new rifle. Hopefully enough of us can talk Chris into making these brake's! I would suggest emailing him at the above email that I have provided.
Link Posted: 12/7/2007 4:21:20 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Dear Sir:

Removable Muzzle Attachment (Fake flash hider) were made for SLR-106CR and SLR-107CR Rifles Exclusively for RSR Group, Inc.  

Unfortunately the Fake Flash Hider is not sold separately through any of our distributors.  

In order to purchase these Special Edition Rifles with Removable Muzzle Attachments please contact RSR Group, Inc. at: 800-752-4867 or via Email: [email protected] and they can further assist you.

Sincerely,
Julia
Arsenal, Inc.

Thank you for the reply Julia.

I did contact RSR and they told me to contact you all for this part.

Here is a thread showing a growing interest for these removable muzzle attachments.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=76&t=100843&page=1

There are a lot of people that would like to obtain these for their CR style rifles, without the need to purchase a new rifle in order to receive one.

I hope you, RSR, or someone will listen to your loyal customers and sell these attachments separately in the near future.

Link Posted: 12/7/2007 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#42]
While I'm sure they are aware of the interest I got the feeling it has more to do with an exclusive contract with RSR which was signed...

I spoke to Arsenal at length a few weeks ago even speaking to 2 different people...both were sympathetic, but would only say it involved an exclusive deal..

My gut says RSR convinced Arsenal to enter into an exclusive deal, and Arsenal probably under estimated the demand outside of this deal..I also pointed out if I was a dealer who had non RSR rifles on hand and couldn't sell them or worse another distributor other than RSR I'd be pretty PO....the guy I spoke said he understood my logic and feelings...but nothing could be done...

IMO RSR saw a way to sell more rifles while essentially "tying" Arsenals hands with some sort of contract...good for RSR..crappy for everyone else..

Do what I did if you want the brake..sell the rifle and just wait til RSR gets more in and order one from them...was told by RSR would be middle of this month and they should have some....So I'll buy another rifle 1st of the year or so....provided Arsenal builds them...lol

Greg
Link Posted: 12/7/2007 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#43]
I suppose once production end's with the 106CR/107CR rifle's, ARSENAL may then release the brake's over to K-Var for sale.

At first ARSENAL had introduced a limited Krinkov with the fake can, and then made it available to the masses from K-Var. This is probably what will happen with these brake's too.
Link Posted: 12/8/2007 7:41:19 AM EDT
[#44]
The problem with that logic IMO is when speaking to Arsenal it was implied the brake was being supplied by RSR..hence KVAR didn't and wouldn't have access to them...KVAR said they didn't and wouldn't have any accesss to them when I called as well...whether that is true or not who knows...could be Arsenal trying to deflect the questions or could be true..

When I then called RSR they just said the rifle was their deal and that they were out til mid Dec.

If RSR found a local guy to make the brake and did an exclusive contract for its' production and is shipping them to Arsenal or just  putting them in the boxes once the rifles come in....your idea of waiting might not work...

Link Posted: 12/8/2007 10:14:20 AM EDT
[#45]
SEE POST BELOW...
Link Posted: 12/8/2007 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#46]
WOW,

I have some really GREAT news! Extended Krink flash hider's for these ARSENAL 107/107CR rifle's may become a reality. I received word back tonight from Chris Butler and it sound's as if these are getting put into production soon!
Link Posted: 12/8/2007 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Who will be making it?

John
Link Posted: 12/8/2007 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Chris Butler at http://www.ak-103.com
Link Posted: 12/8/2007 11:46:19 PM EDT
[#49]
This is good news... Thanks Lionhart for all your efforts!!

Does anybody know the actual length of this muzzle device??
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Does anybody know the actual length of this muzzle device??

measuring the one on the SLR-106CR I picked up @ the SAR Show 12/2: 4 5/8"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top