Posted: 2/29/2008 4:54:37 PM EDT
Look what I picked up today!

Link Posted: 2/29/2008 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#1]
You always have to coolest toys! Nice!
Link Posted: 2/29/2008 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a very understanding wife.

But what she doesn't know won't hurt her!
Link Posted: 2/29/2008 5:06:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Forgot to mention that I'm not sold on the flash hider.  I think I prefer the looks of the standard AK-103 muzzle device.  
Link Posted: 2/29/2008 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#4]
hanks

You need to post a range report to tide me over!

BTW, someone on another forum recommend this muzzle break to me. I haven't tried it myself but may if I don't like the stock flash hider.

"For the first time ever K-VAR has correct 762x39 Bulgarian made chrome lined AK74 style muzzlebrakes that would be perfect for the new SLR 107s."

http://www.k-var.com/shop/images/d_945.jpg

www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16902&cat=330&page=1
Link Posted: 2/29/2008 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Awesome, thanks for the pics! I found a dealer with a great price on them and he only had two so I snagged them both. They won't be here for a few weeks though

You need to post a range report to tide me over!

BTW, someone on another forum recommend this muzzle break to me. I haven't tried it myself but may if I don't like the stock flash hider.

"For the first time ever K-VAR has correct 762x39 Bulgarian made chrome lined AK74 style muzzlebrakes that would be perfect for the new SLR 107s."

www.k-var.com/shop/images/d_945.jpg

www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16902&cat=330&page=1

I've got one of those on order from K-Var.  

I see the Krebs brake is advertised on R Guns' website.  It's about $20 cheaper than the K-Var part and is probably of equal or superior quality.

Link Posted: 2/29/2008 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:

I see the Krebs brake is advertised on R Guns' website.  It's about $20 cheaper than the K-Var part and is probably of equal or superior quality.

Thanks for the tip. Let us know what you think the K-Var one and the Krebs if you get it.
Link Posted: 2/29/2008 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/29/2008 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#8]

My 107 will be here on Weds. I am suprised these have the S an F selector markings as both of my Arsenal 105's AK74's lack them ? I just received my KVAR 74 or AK100 type brake yesterday . It the same as the 5.45 74 break but milled out for the .30 cal and then hard cromed on the inside. This is as close as you can get to Factory Russian 103 . I can't wait !
Link Posted: 2/29/2008 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#9]
another East German rear site
Link Posted: 2/29/2008 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/29/2008 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Melvin_Johnson said:

Yes, it is.  You'll like the Krebs brake.
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 3:56:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice pics of a very nice rifle.  Congrats.  BTW, where is all of this flash supp hate coming from?  When I had a 106 F that muzzle brake had to go.  I can't wait to pick one of these up.  Let us know how it shoots.
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 8:00:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Nice pics of a very nice rifle.  Congrats.  BTW, where is all of this flash supp hate coming from?  When I had a 106 F that muzzle brake had to go.  I can't wait to pick one of these up.  Let us know how it shoots.

I don't hate the flash suppresor.  I've got the same unit on my SAM-5.  

I just think this particular rifle will look better (more correct, actually) with an AK74-style brake attached.
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I would be all over one of those if I hadn't found one of their milled underfolder brothers NIB a couple years back.  You can't beat Arsenals.

Link Posted: 3/2/2008 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
another East German rear site

I've seen a couple people mention this - why is it a big deal?  Not a dig against you just trying to understand...  My initial thought is that you bought a Bulgarian gun you want as many Bulgarian parts as you can get...  Or is the East German part lower quality?

Spooky
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice...
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 5:13:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I took the rifle out to the local USPSA match this morning and after we shot our pistols, a couple of us went over the the 100 yard rifle range and shot at one of the steel gongs.  At 100 yards, the rifle shoots about 1.5' or 2' left.  I, of course, didn't take my sight pusher.  I plan on making another trip to the range Tuesday so I can get the thing on paper and hopefully get the front sight moved over far enough to take care of business.

I've read three posts from three new owners (myself included) who are reporting bad cant.  What the hell, Arsenal?
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Well that's not good at all. I saw those other posts as well. I remember reading about similar problems they had with the 106's. I hope you can get it worked out without too much trouble.

Is there something I could look for when checking one out before buying to tell if the front site was off?
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I took the rifle out to the local USPSA match this morning and after we shot our pistols, a couple of us went over the the 100 yard rifle range and shot at one of the steel gongs.  At 100 yards, the rifle shoots about 1.5' or 2' left.  I, of course, didn't take my sight pusher.  I plan on making another trip to the range Tuesday so I can get the thing on paper and hopefully get the front sight moved over far enough to take care of business.

I've read three posts from three new owners (myself included) who are reporting bad cant.  What the hell, Arsenal?

Just confirming here because I've made this mistake before...  You're saying "feet" correct, not inches?  I wonder if you'll have enough adjustment?

Spooky
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes.  The gun shoots FEET to the left, not inches.
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice Arsenal, but I'm not a fan of the left-side folding stock
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#22]
I just bought one today as well!

I won't get it out to the range until next weekend...

My front sight is slightly canted, but not as bad as I've seen on many other rifles. Hope it's not a lemon.
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 12:12:18 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Good luck with getting Arsenal to fix it correctly the first time. I may go the route of cutting the top off the front sight base  and getting a gas block sight from ACE Ltd. Did that on a post ban Polytech;  it now shoots great, with no front sight cant.
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 6:59:38 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

The left side folder is the best folder out there, in my opinion.

BSW
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 7:23:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The left side folder is the best folder out there, in my opinion.

BSW

Yes.  The AK100-series furniture is a huge improvement over what was out there previously.  It's as comfortable as a standard stock, it easy to fold and unfold and it's rock solid when extended.  Plus the heat shield in the forend works like it should and keeps the handguard cool during long firing strings.
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#28]
She looks great except for the finish.  I can see that Arsenal hasn't changed that.  That's the only thing about Arsenal that I don't like, knowing that I'll need to have the rifle refinished.
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Bad news, guys.

At the 100 yardline, I had three rounds into a group about 4" across but it was still about 5" left. The front sight post is pushed all the way over against the protective wing of the front sight base and there ain't no more room to push!

Back to K-Var it goes!
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Sorry to hear about that. I hope you can get it fixed without too much of a wait. Let us know how long it takes and if they fix it properly
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Bummer
Let us know how it goes. Good Luck.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 7:43:18 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 3/5/2008 12:04:31 PM EDT
[#33]
If it's shooting to the left, i'd think you'd need to move your post to the right, you've got the post all the way to the left there, it looks like to me.
I think someone mentioned this earlier to you, just thought i'd throw it back out there.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
If it's shooting to the left, i'd think you'd need to move your post to the right, you've got the post all the way to the left there, it looks like to me.
I think someone mentioned this earlier to you, just thought i'd throw it back out there.

That's a front sight post sir. Up is down and left is right.

BSW
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#35]
I try to remember AK sight adjustment as, "If it shoots left, move it left.  If it shoots high, raise it."
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/SLR-107FR/03-04-08_1800.jpg

That's discouraging.  I've owned 2 Arsenals and both were dead on at 100 yards from the factory.  

I wonder if they've hired some Century Monkeys for their assembly line.

Link Posted: 3/5/2008 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm shipping mine back to Sin City tomorrow....30 day turn around.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Epic fail.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#39]
I applied the adjusting the rear sight to the front sight, epic for sure.
Anyway, a person might be able to make up some of the difference with an RPK adjustable rear sight.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Anyway, a person might be able to make up some of the difference with an RPK adjustable rear sight.

A person who just spent $900 on a new "top tier" AK shouldn't have to install an adjustable rear sight just to make up for the crooked-ass front sight base.  A company selling a $300 rifle for $900 should at least be able to sell one with correctly installed components and a decent finish.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:21:52 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A person who just spent $900 on a new "top tier" AK shouldn't have to install an adjustable rear sight just to make up for the crooked-ass front sight base.  A company selling a $300 rifle for $900 should at least be able to sell one with correctly installed components and a decent finish.  

+1.  This is unacceptable performance at the level Arsenal is supposed to be at.  Apparently Melvin isn't the only one with this problem.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:07:21 AM EDT
[#42]
I got one too.
Just got back from the range he
Another problem was I removed the flashhider because I noticed it was bored off center and removed it in fear that the bullet may contact the flashhider passing through.  The bullets probably would keyhole or just rip the flashhider off stripping the threads and sending it somewhere down range.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j245/tangotag/IMG_2404.jpg
This was the worst Arsenal FCG I have ever felt.  They left a edge from the cast mold on both the hammer and trigger.  The pull is about 15 pounds. heckedhttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j245/tangotag/IMG_2400.jpg
I call shenanigans on this.  I will not ship it back to Arsenal at my own expense. Not to mention the 30 days turn around.  I will fix this myself, too bad it needs to be done.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j245/tangotag/IMG_2436.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j245/tangotag/IMG_2429.jpg
So after reboring the flashhider, filing the FCG, and repinning the FSB I should have a kick ass rifle.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Holy crap.  That's amazing that they would send a rifle out like that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 9:22:18 AM EDT
[#44]
height=8
Quoted:

I've read three posts from three new owners (myself included) who are reporting bad cant.  What the hell, Arsenal?have) it shoots about 6" to the left at 50 yards.  Called up the guys at Arsenal (it was actually a girl) and they were very responsive and helpful.  Gave me an RMA # and told me to send it back and they would fix it.  I have to pay for the shipping there, but they pay for it to come back to me, which I was gonna get pissed about, but then I remembered a Bushmaster I had to return one time and they had the same policy.

Anyway...all though it shoots to the left I was able to get about 1" groups.  I don't know about you but in my opinion that kicks serious ass.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#45]
I just received my SLR 107 FR today and yes, the fsb looks a "little" canted but not much.  Definetely not near as much as the above pic.

I also like the looks of the flash hider and sidefolder more than i thought.

The trigger is gritty with about 8 pound pull but I can live with it

The only gripe that I have is the finish wears away "very" fast.  If you're looking for a safe queen beware.  Just inserting a steel mag a couple times wore away the finish in no time.  But I'm not looking for a safe queen so it's not a big deal.    

All in all, I'm "VERY" happy with the Arsenal and if I had to do it over again I'd still buy it in a heartbeat.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 10:56:06 AM EDT
[#46]
I hope we are not seeing these kind of issues with the 107 FR a couple of months from now.  Arsenal really needs to check their QC.  Doing it right the first would save them alot of money.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#47]
I should be picking mine up tomorrow. I'm hoping I won't have 2 AKs (ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=104471 in the repair/replace loop.

Damnit!

BSW
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#48]
So apparantly everyone that has purchased one and talked about it online has had a canted FSB...super, I can't wait to get mine.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#50]
just asked my buddy about his 107fr, his is good to go
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top