Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/2/2005 7:14:50 PM EDT
Got a NIB FEG Hungarian SA85M AKM with a regular stock and a very low serial number.   I already have an underfolder, so this completes the set!

Here is the regular stock model NIB I received yesterday.  It is cherry and it is obvious the gun hasn't been used.  Box is cherry, mags and all accessories are perfect, and the gun, well, DAMN!  I love these FEG's.

These are some pictures of the gun, both sides.

This is the underfolder I've had for a couple of years:

These are the sisters together:

Link Posted: 7/2/2005 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking set.  Just need to 'no-ban' them now!
Link Posted: 7/2/2005 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/2/2005 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Dude, they're "pre-ban."

Beautiful guns Mateo.
Link Posted: 7/2/2005 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, they're "pre-ban."

Beautiful guns Mateo.

Full stock one has bayo lug and removeable muzzle attachment?  If so I apologize.

Either way, nice pair!!
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice set of rifles.  I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:58:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Yes Carb, they are pre-ban.  My photography will not be winning me any awards I'm afraid...

The barrel is threaded and there is a bayo lug.  Has the slant muzzle break that were standard on these rifles.

I love these damn things!

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#7]
My bad, I just didn't see the bayo lug.  They are beautiful!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:35:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Are SA85M's chromed lined?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Those are very fine Kalashnikov variants.

Do you shoot them?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#11]

I have an Arsenal SLR95 that gets the bulk of the work.  I rarely fire the FEG's, but have fired them and will continue to fire them from time to time.

THEY SHOOT GREAT!

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Sweet rifles.  Man I am trying to find one.

Max
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:39:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey Mateomasfeo or anyone else
Could you post a picture of a Hungarian sling? Im building an SA-85M clone and I need the right sling. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Are SA85M's chromed lined?

Yes.

Thanks! I have one and never really could tell.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#15]
They look great. Something about that underfolder attracts me more.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Got a NIB FEG Hungarian SA85M AKM with a regular stock and a very low serial number.   I already have an underfolder, so this completes the set!

Here is the regular stock model NIB I received yesterday.  It is cherry and it is obvious the gun hasn't been used.  Box is cherry, mags and all accessories are perfect, and the gun, well, DAMN!  I love these FEG's.

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/mateomasfeo/FEG85MRegularInBoxSMALL.jpg

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/mateomasfeo/FEGSA85MRegularTanLeftSMALL.jpg

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/mateomasfeo/FEGSA85MRegularTanRightSMALL.jpg

webpages.charter.net/mateomasfeo/Hobby/FEG%20SA85M%20Box%20Open%20Small.JPG

webpages.charter.net/mateomasfeo/Hobby/FEG%20SA%2085M%20Wood%20Grain2004small.JPG

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/mateomasfeo/FEGBorhFolderRegular2SMALL.jpg

Man, now that brings back some memories. I've alway's liked the Hungarians the most among the Pre-Bans. I feel so old after seeing those, LOL ...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:42:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:12:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Very nice pair, Mateo.  I have the underfolder version, but I believe that Kassnar actually imported fewer full stocks.  Do you know other wise?  Either way, they are truly great AK variants....congrats on your pickup!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Since we're on the topic (and in the Hungarian AK thread), I am wanting some advice:  In order to fund another gun purchase, I am thinking of selling my Like New/Pristine SA85M underfolder with all the accessories except the box (bought it before I knew the value of saving the damn boxes ), and the original sling (can't seem to find the friggin thing).  I never fired it, and it is absolutely perfect in every respect (i.e., internals, blonde steamed elm, exterior, etc.)......so, what would be a fair asking price for this.  I would figure in the area of $1,500.....is this accurate????  Thanks in advance for any info!!!!   Cloak
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a SA85 in the thumbhole stock configuration and I am dying to restore it to the proper state.  I would like to keep the same color stock but have had no luck locating a matching butt stock.  That is a nice set of rifles.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Beautiful!
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:06:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Sweet rifles.  Man I am trying to find one.

Max

Well, today I'm killing time in another county, see a gun shop and decide to pull in and hack around. I had looked at the pistols and was kind of in the back of the store when I noticed the tale-tell steamed elm stocks that are the trademark of the FEG's.

It was covered in dust and looked like it had some rust on the cleaning rod, but it was marked $349.00 with no box, no bayonet, and only one mag. It seemed in very good working order and all the numbers matched.

I don't think the guy knew what he had. These things sell at over a grand easy. Now this one didn't have all the accessories and box that make it a true collectable, but I now have an underfolding FEG I can shoot, and leave the other one with box and accessories pristine.

The kicker is, when I got it home and cleaned it up, there was no rust and the gun was in 95% + shape. Took it to the range and fired about 150 rounds through it without a malfunction, and the gun is accurate. I believe I could sell it in a heart beat for around $750.00. Of course, I won't...

You always hear about the guy who found a deal, and that guy was never me, until today.

Perhaps I should go buy a lottery ticket...

Here are the twins.

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Now I'm really jealous!  Great collection!
Link Posted: 10/24/2005 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#24]
SWEEET!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2005 10:32:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By Mateomasfeo :

webpages.charter.net/mateomasfeo/Hobby/FEG%20SA%2085M%20Wood%20Grain2004small.JPG

Mateomasfeo,
Those are sweet! But, I must say I'm not really jelous.

I also have the same NIB Hungarian pre89 set:(pictured with Chinese friends)

I will say your cardboard is much nicer than mine. What I'm really curious about is your serial numbers. Wouldn't it be something if we had consecutive numbers? If you don't mind me knowing "IM" or E-mail me at [email protected] and I'll swap numbers with you....

-John
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 4:21:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Me too!  I picked up  an underfolder, close to NIB...beautiful weapon!  The guy I got it from put around 100 rounds through it and took excellent care of it.  I have been wanting an AK, especially an underfolder for a while but didn't think I get my hands on one of these.
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Me too!  I picked up  an underfolder, close to NIB...beautiful weapon!  The guy I got it from put around 100 rounds through it and took excellent care of it.  I have been wanting an AK, especially an underfolder for a while but didn't think I get my hands on one of these.

Cool!
I noticed it's your first post...Welcome to ARFCOM!

-John
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 4:41:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks...I have been reading for a while but now that  I  ahve an AKM  I expect I'll be posting from time to time.
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Oops...dupe!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Damn...I'm jealous!! Nice collection.
I am building one of the fixed stock SA85 an djust aquired a Chinese sidefolder. Is the China underfolder all factory? Never seen one like that.

Also can you email me that picture for future reference? I can't get it to save because it's Frontpage?

Quoted:

Originally Posted By Mateomasfeo :

Mateomasfeo,
Those are sweet! But, I must say I'm not really jelous.

I also have the same NIB Hungarian pre89 set:(pictured with Chinese friends)

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=42445

I will say your cardboard is much nicer than mine. What I'm really curious about is your serial numbers. Wouldn't it be something if we had consecutive numbers? If you don't mind me knowing "IM" or E-mail me at [email protected] and I'll swap numbers with you....

-John

Link Posted: 11/6/2005 3:57:11 AM EDT
[#31]
The Chinese Underfolder is all factory except the furniture. I have the original furniture. I think the red looks better and the factory wood is being preserved better off the rifle. Plus, That's how I bought it so I figured I'd just leave the original wood alone. I also have a factory Norinco 30rd Bakelite magazine for it that is just about brand new!

-John
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Where can I get some sweet Hungarian(or Hungarian looking) furniture like that?
I have a thumbhole version I need to do a sex-change on...
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top