Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/5/2023 12:52:13 PM EDT
I was given a MAK-90 recently.  It's in good shape.  It has the slant cut receiver and a thumb hole stock.  It has had the bayo mount removed.  The muzzle has been turned down and unthreaded.

I want to ditch the thumb hole stock and put it in a configuration that reflects something more modern but still reasonably military looking.  I don't care about having a bayo lug or threaded muzzle.  

What good stock options do I have?  I have three other AK-types:  an Egyptian AKM, a Bulgarian side folding -74, and a fixed stock Bulgarian -74 I built in .223/5.56.  All are ones I assembled years ago on NODAK receivers using good parts kits.

Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the only place I have found that is making stocks for MAK90s.

MAK90 stocks
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I used a Magpul Zhukov side folding stock on mine. Works with the slant cut receiver just fine. Another arfcommer, IIRC emt1851 loaned me a tap in 14x1mm,Left hand thread and I tapped the barrel with it. Then installed an A 2 style flash hider for functionality purposes. Added a Geissele AKT trigger. It runs flawlessly. Also added an Ultimak railed gas tube and a Primary Arms RDS.

Super handy set up that a great shooter. I was not looking to make a clone of anything, just wanted an efficient and reliable rifle for multiple purposes. I succeeded in my goal. It's an excellent choice for things that go bump in the night.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:21:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi tonto. You are welcome to meet me at the range where I work and check out my setup ir you want to. Drop me a line or reply in the thread.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#4]
JMAC Customs and Desert Fox Outfitters make adapters so you can attach an AR buffer tube and stock to a slant cut MAK90.

Link Posted: 10/8/2023 10:25:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CATM] [#5]
You can go with a CNC Warrior/Bonesteel side folder. It works with both straight and slant cut receivers if I remember correctly. I have one on my straight cut MAK. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 5:02:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gotterdammerung:
JMAC Customs and Desert Fox Outfitters make adapters so you can attach an AR buffer tube and stock to a slant cut MAK90.

View Quote

Yep, Desert Fox adapters are GTG.  Had a milled Mak-90, which is even less common than a slant stamped Mak-90, and their adapter worked great for mounting a tube and magpul stock.  Might take a little file work to make everything fit, but it is aluminum so it is easy to do.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a Zukhov stock.  Even though the paperwork said that it would not work on a MAK90, it did.  It's a very secure though a bit unattractive at the slant cut stock/receiver junction.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I’m thinking of purchasing a milled slant cut mak-90. I want the magpul folding stock. Can you post a pic of how it looks. Did you have to modify anything for fitment ?
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 44-40pro:
I used a Magpul Zhukov side folding stock on mine. Works with the slant cut receiver just fine. Another arfcommer, IIRC emt1851 loaned me a tap in 14x1mm,Left hand thread and I tapped the barrel with it. Then installed an A 2 style flash hider for functionality purposes. Added a Geissele AKT trigger. It runs flawlessly. Also added an Ultimak railed gas tube and a Primary Arms RDS.

Super handy set up that a great shooter. I was not looking to make a clone of anything, just wanted an efficient and reliable rifle for multiple purposes. I succeeded in my goal. It's an excellent choice for things that go bump in the night.
View Quote

I’m thinking of purchasing a milled slant cut mak-90. I want the magpul folding stock. Can you post a pic of how it looks. Did you have to modify anything for fitment ?
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 2:35:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TontoGoldstein] [#10]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

@Petet157

It is rock solid. The stock works fine.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Petet157:

View Quote

@Petet157

No modification.  I think the description says it is not for milled receivers, but I could be way off.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By tac556:

Yep, Desert Fox adapters are GTG.  Had a milled Mak-90, which is even less common than a slant stamped Mak-90, and their adapter worked great for mounting a tube and magpul stock.  Might take a little file work to make everything fit, but it is aluminum so it is easy to do.
View Quote

I just came here to post a new thread asking if anyone had used one of these adapters.  I also have a milled MAK-90.

Could you post any pictures if you get a chance?
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Back during Brady I had a  Norinco "Thumbhole Monstrosity" (as they were often called back then) and couldn't wait to ditch the stock.

Now if I had one I'd probably keep it that way. It's embarrassing to say, but it fit me pretty well.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 6:57:10 AM EDT
[#14]
I wish a company could make a underfolder rear trunnion for these it would give you a way to make it look factory with an underfolder.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top