Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2007 12:20:25 PM EDT
Here are my two newest purchases!

I had sold my WASR rifle for $300 (the gas tube and other parts I had on it for $100) a few weeks or so ago and picked this MAK-90 up from gunsamerica.com for $300.  ~$50 Compliance parts, $60 Chinese stock set, $40 for a de-ban of the GB and FST, and then I stripped and stained the stock set.

Not a bad $450 rifle.  I would give $50 to switch from a WASR to a MAK any day!

The rifle appears to be an early import from the blued bolt and the /66\ before the ser #

Great de-banning job with E. German parts!

The SAIGA I just picked up from my local shop $380 OTD.  Got the extra 50rnd mag for $45.  Damn this thing is fun to shoot!!!  I will be buying conversion parts to make it pistol grip in a few weeks and looking for someone to do the job.

The "original" AK family

The AK style family

So what do you guys think???
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#1]
VERY NICE! That MAC looks great! I made a Mac attach this weekend but I couldn't part with my ROMAk. I wonder if you might share your shopping list for the MAK de-banning items as I am just about to do the same.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So what do you guys think???

Wow!

Link Posted: 9/9/2007 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice family you got there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
good job!  is there a GB dat will allow AKM type 1&2 bayos?
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That GB and FST (E. German) have the bayo lug for a type 1 bayonet.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
VERY NICE! That MAC looks great! I made a Mac attach this weekend but I couldn't part with my ROMAk. I wonder if you might share your shopping list for the MAK de-banning items as I am just about to do the same.

You can PM me if you have any questions on parts.  The stock set I just grabbed off the for sale forum and I just googled the tapco trigger and gas piston.  I can set you up with a guy on another forum if you are looking for the front sight tuition and gas block.
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 5:17:30 AM EDT
[#7]
really?  can u zoom in on it?  its hard to see the bayo mount ears.  do u do conversions for other people?

Quoted:

Quoted:

That GB and FST (E. German) have the bayo lug for a type 2 bayonet.
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
really?  can u zoom in on it?  its hard to see the bayo mount ears.  do u do conversions for other people?

Quoted:

Quoted:

That GB and FST (E. German) have the bayo lug for a type 2 bayonet.

Sorry I meant to say type 1 instead of 2.  No I do not do conversions.  I had mine done by a guy that lives a few min away.  He is a tech adviser for akforum.net

If you are looking into a conversion I can see what he would charge.  It may be cheaper going local but this guy does a great job and refinishes the parts that come in.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top