Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/9/2007 12:20:25 PM EDT
Here are my two newest purchases!

I had sold my WASR rifle for $300 (the gas tube and other parts I had on it for $100) a few weeks or so ago and picked this MAK-90 up from gunsamerica.com for $300.  ~$50 Compliance parts, $60 Chinese stock set, $40 for a de-ban of the GB and FST, and then I stripped and stained the stock set.

Not a bad $450 rifle.  I would give $50 to switch from a WASR to a MAK any day!

The rifle appears to be an early import from the blued bolt and the /66\ before the ser #

Great de-banning job with E. German parts!

The SAIGA I just picked up from my local shop $380 OTD.  Got the extra 50rnd mag for $45.  Damn this thing is fun to shoot!!!  I will be buying conversion parts to make it pistol grip in a few weeks and looking for someone to do the job.

The "original" AK family

The AK style family

So what do you guys think???
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#1]
VERY NICE! That MAC looks great! I made a Mac attach this weekend but I couldn't part with my ROMAk. I wonder if you might share your shopping list for the MAK de-banning items as I am just about to do the same.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So what do you guys think???

Wow!

Link Posted: 9/9/2007 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice family you got there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
good job!  is there a GB dat will allow AKM type 1&2 bayos?
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That GB and FST (E. German) have the bayo lug for a type 1 bayonet.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
VERY NICE! That MAC looks great! I made a Mac attach this weekend but I couldn't part with my ROMAk. I wonder if you might share your shopping list for the MAK de-banning items as I am just about to do the same.

You can PM me if you have any questions on parts.  The stock set I just grabbed off the for sale forum and I just googled the tapco trigger and gas piston.  I can set you up with a guy on another forum if you are looking for the front sight tuition and gas block.
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 5:17:30 AM EDT
[#7]
really?  can u zoom in on it?  its hard to see the bayo mount ears.  do u do conversions for other people?

Quoted:

Quoted:

That GB and FST (E. German) have the bayo lug for a type 2 bayonet.
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
really?  can u zoom in on it?  its hard to see the bayo mount ears.  do u do conversions for other people?

Quoted:

Quoted:

That GB and FST (E. German) have the bayo lug for a type 2 bayonet.

Sorry I meant to say type 1 instead of 2.  No I do not do conversions.  I had mine done by a guy that lives a few min away.  He is a tech adviser for akforum.net

If you are looking into a conversion I can see what he would charge.  It may be cheaper going local but this guy does a great job and refinishes the parts that come in.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top