Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/23/2020 5:12:51 PM EDT
I'm going to start off by saying I don't know a whole lot about differences between different AK variants. I have an old 10/63 I haven't used in years. Back when I didn't have a steady income I put a Tapco stock on it. I'm looking for an upgrade. I'm looking to put QD sling mounts on a few of my other long guns so I'm wondering if there's an AK stock that has one that would be decent for use with a single point sling.

Also I'd like an option for a solid optic mount that goes on the side rail. I have a QD mount that cost like $20 and is flimsy as shit. I'd like something that's more durable. Preferably something with a pic rail since I'm not sure what optic I want to throw on there later.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two Wasr's.  A newer one and and a 10/63.  My newer one is in a Magpul Zhukov stock.  I left the 10/63 in stock form.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 7:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
RS Regulate or Midwest Industries both make solid side mounts
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 7:40:59 AM EDT
[#3]
All my other AKs are underfolder or have Bonesteel Galil folders but my WASR sports a Fab Def GL Core & adaptor.
With the scope setup I have the GL Core with the adjustable cheek riser was the only setup that worked for me.
Has a QD swivel mount on each side.
I’ve had good luck with other Fab Def gear and when I saw Rob Ski sporting one I gave it a shot.
Nice looking alternative to an M4 stock if you want an adjustable option which I highly recommend for magnified optics.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I have used everything on my WASR's and my M10, that's one of the joys of romy rifles, anything fits.

Currently have a nice set of plum from Atlantic on the 10/63, and a Magpul stock (NOT the fugly Zhukov robot foot) on the M10, other than the needlessly complex attachment system, the Magpul AK stock is excellent, even has a nice storage compartment that fits a standard AK cleaning kit perfectly. Looks good too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the Magpul stuff. Had the fixed stock, then went to the Zhukov. Not too expensive and really easy to install.

If you go with the Magpul handguard and want a foregrip, consider the BCM shorty. I had the Magpul RVG, and for me, it got in the way of mag exchanges with 30rd mags.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 9:40:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's my WASR with all Magpul furniture, this handguard did require me to cut the sling loop off. Which wasn't hard with a Dremel, just take your time and be steady.

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top