Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2005 6:50:15 AM EDT
I have not received my kits yet (I ordered four of them) but here are a couple very interesting threads that I think others may be interested to see...

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1302300

www.gunboards.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=116882

... to be clear, I believe thse are the kits that this discussion is about:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=269467

Here is an image:

dpharms.com/romanian-ak-47-kits-p-95.html

Yes, DPHarms is a dealer here on ARFCOM!

Here are more links on this:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=74129&page=1
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Possible trainers then huh?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 11:22:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Word of the day........"Krylonski"

that cracked me up
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Word of the day........"Krylonski"

that cracked me up

you saw that? that cracked me up too
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad you guys like my polish paint humor, yeah, i'm instr8 over on the files.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have not received my kits yet (I ordered four of them) but here are a couple very interesting threads that I think others may be interested to see...

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1302300

www.gunboards.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=116882

... to be clear, I believe thse are the kits that this discussion is about:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=269467

Here is an image:
dpharms.com/images/112-1257_IMG.JPG
dpharms.com/romanian-ak-47-kits-p-95.html

Yes, DPHarms is a dealer here on ARFCOM!

Here are more links on this:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=74129&page=1

Quarterbore,

My kit (which arrived today) had a chunk the rearmost receiver left on, with the stock still attached along with the trigger guard.

My kit also came with a bent dust cover though.. does yours? Is the fit between the dustcover and receiver good?

DPH arms is a good dealer and I've got another kit coming from him. Have you built yours yet?

Ben
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:55:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I did not get my kits from DPH yet but I did get my numbers matching kit that I purchased from Bocefus.  Your kit looks better then mine but I do not have a bent dust cover....
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I did not get my kits from DPH yet but I did get my numbers matching kit that I purchased from Bocefus.  Your kit looks better then mine but I do not have a bent dust cover....

Mine fits good and the cover isn't bent too badly, so it still fits. Was yours an A or B grade kit? (Or does Bocephus not do the grading system?)

Ben
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#8]
When I bought Bocephus had no grading and I was just happy to get numbers matching...  the bore and internals are great, just lots of finish wear but I may just finish the receiver prior to the build and leave the rifle with the used look as god knows I don't get to roughen my guns up like this enough.....
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:37:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
When I bought Bocephus had no grading and I was just happy to get numbers matching...  the bore and internals are great, just lots of finish wear but I may just finish the receiver prior to the build and leave the rifle with the used look as god knows I don't get to roughen my guns up like this enough.....

When you finish it, be sure to post pics! Don't see many pics of completed Romanian AIM kits around, even harder time finding pics of completed TANTAL rifles.

have you seen the thread in the BIY forum about refinishing rommie wood? I really dig the blonde Rommy stock set

Ben
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#10]
By the way, for those of you who haven't jumped on at least a couple of these kits while they're still available at bargain basement prices, jump soon...

They're beautiful.

Forrest

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
By the way, for those of you who haven't jumped on at least a couple of these kits while they're still available at bargain basement prices, jump soon...

They're beautiful.

Forrest

Yup, getem' while they last, and BUILD them. I have 2 and a Tantal kit. They are both well oiled and placed in a rubbermaid bin and tucked under my bed awaiting the day when they will be re-built (Or sold, if I feel like it)

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't see too many??

Here ya are:

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:36:27 AM EDT
[#13]
greentimber,

I really do like the Romanian trainer (if we assume that is what these are) and how you left the finish pretty much the way they came...  did you parkerize the receiver or what finish is that?  I assume you left the original metal alone?  

Can you advise what US parts you used...?

I plan to use:

1.  US Receiver
2,3,4 US Hammer, Trigger, Disconnect
5 Gas Piston
BUT I am struggling with an option for #6 at the moment...  

I need to find a source for a US slant break or make one myself!  I am going to a build party this weekend and I really want to get my Rommy built....  I will likely build without the slant break until I can find an option...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:59:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quarter...Im in the same boat as you. Nobody seems to have a US made slant brake. I heard that someone is going to have one that is actually marked USA, but so far, no news. Actualy, I think we will both be at the same build party this wekend.

Quoted:
greentimber,

I really do like the Romanian trainer (if we assume that is what these are) and how you left the finish pretty much the way they came...  did you parkerize the receiver or what finish is that?  I assume you left the original metal alone?  

Can you advise what US parts you used...?

I plan to use:

1.  US Receiver
2,3,4 US Hammer, Trigger, Disconnect
5 Gas Piston
BUT I am struggling with an option for #6 at the moment...  

I need to find a source for a US slant break or make one myself!  I am going to a build party this weekend and I really want to get my Rommy built....  I will likely build without the slant break until I can find an option...

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:03:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, lookie what Global Trades has now...

globaltrades.com/ak_muzzl_1.html

Part #A-559

US manufactured slant brake for standard AK threaded muzzles. Precision machined from solid steel. Better than the original!    $ 8.99

I called and these are back ordered... I was told they are back ordered at least three weeks but that was just a guess on their part...  I'll order some for myself when I evaluate my collection of misc AK parts...

As for the build party, yes, I assume it is the same one I will be at...

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
greentimber,

I really do like the Romanian trainer (if we assume that is what these are) quote]

What makes people think these are training rifles? What evidence is there for this? Some one decided that it was a training rifle 'cause he thought it was semi-auto 'cause he didn't get all the full auto parts and got a throwin semi-auto disconnector. dph arms included most of the FA parts and didn't ship the disconnector, so these kits weren't semi auto.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Well, lookie what Global Trades has now...

globaltrades.com/ak_muzzl_1.html

Part #A-559

US manufactured slant brake for standard AK threaded muzzles. Precision machined from solid steel. Better than the original!    $ 8.99

I called and these are back ordered... I was told they are back ordered at least three weeks but that was just a guess on their part...  I'll order some for myself when I evaluate my collection of misc AK parts...

As for the build party, yes, I assume it is the same one I will be at...

Although I'm still debating over whether to build the tantal or AIM, I'll have a us pistol grip, hammer, disconnect, and possibly a US gas piston or maybe a US slant brake as that seems to be cheaper than a gas piston.

Greentimber-WOW! Nice rifles. You must like Romanians !

POLY,

I posted a thread in the AK discussions a week or so ago about the G on the romanian kits. Do a search for "Possible explanations for the G on the romanian  kits" or something similar in the AK discussions. It has some useful info.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:25:09 AM EDT
[#18]
faded I think you should ask your self three questions:
   1 Why would a semiauto rifle need the spring for the autosear? This was included with all the kits I've seen.
   2 Is it a coincidence the the disconnector included in some kits doesn't fit the trigger  pin correctly but fits the sleeve from a commercially made fcg?
    3 Why do the kits from some retailers have all the FA parts except the disconnector?

I have not seen any EVIDENCE that these are training rifles, only speculation based on conjecture that they were semiauto. That conjecture is demonstrably wrong.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:43:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

What makes people think these are training rifles? What evidence is there for this? Some one decided that it was a training rifle 'cause he thought it was semi-auto 'cause he didn't get all the full auto parts and got a throwin semi-auto disconnector. dph arms included most of the FA parts and didn't ship the disconnector, so these kits weren't semi auto.

You may well be correct and these perhaps were auto rifles...  still does not mean that they were not trainers?  The threads and links were brough here with the hopes that someone that knew more of the story could share what they know or educated guesses could be made...

Your guess is logical... it is just a curious topic worth discussing... don't you agree?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
faded I think you should ask your self three questions:
   1 Why would a semiauto rifle need the spring for the autosear? This was included with all the kits I've seen.
   2 Is it a coincidence the the disconnector included in some kits doesn't fit the trigger  pin correctly but fits the sleeve from a commercially made fcg?
    3 Why do the kits from some retailers have all the FA parts except the disconnector?

I have not seen any EVIDENCE that these are training rifles, only speculation based on conjecture that they were semiauto. That conjecture is demonstrably wrong.

My guesstimate is that the conscripts were issued semi-auto rifles at first then they had to prove they were "worthy" of having a 3rd selector weapon.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#21]
faded you may be correct but that doesn't mean the Romy kits currently available ars trainers. ALL of the kits I have seen came with the auto sear spring. ALL of the kits I have seen show the evil third hole on the stub of the receiver attached to the front end of the trigger guard. Some of the kits I have seen came with ALL of the full auto parts EXCEPT the disconnector WHICH WAS REMOVED BY THE IMPORTER according to the dealer. Clearly the kits which are available now were SELECT FIRE weapons prior to being demilled. Therefore, I conclude that if you are correct that conscripts were issued semi-auto weapons until they proved themselves (and I don't have any reason to dispute that guesstimate)they were not issued these SELECT FIRE rifles.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top