Page / 5
Posted: 1/13/2007 4:21:41 AM EDT
there here and they are $800   enjoy fellas :)  pics to come
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 5:00:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh boy.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 7:24:38 AM EDT
[#2]
My assumption is that the IDF is has fielded enough of their new "Tavor" rifles to start decommissioning Galils.  Doesn't it suck that we don't have the same political relationship with Russia as we do with Israel?  I'd like to have a Russian built/marked AK!

The radio transmitter in my brain and my tinfoil hat just muttered something to me.  Wouldn't it be funny if a ban came from our new senate and congress that included a loophole for Israeli rifle kits?  The 1919 Browning machine gun kits (with barrels) come from there also.

I know I'm just talking out of my @$$ here, but I believe we wouldn't have a thing called Islamic terrorism if we didn't coddle Israel in everything they do.  Prior to the events in Lebanon and Palestine, the US had a good relationship with the Middle East.  Our backing of those conflicts killed that.

Sorry, I haven't had my coffee yet this morning and I'm grumpy about all the crap in the news.  I'm just a Christian that believes in good old US isolationism and feels we should stay out of ethnic and religious squabbles in other parts of the world.  I'm sure I've touched a nerve, so let the "flames" begin if need be.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 7:29:51 AM EDT
[#3]

hmmm.......
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 7:38:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My assumption is that the IDF is has fielded enough of their new "Tavor" rifles to start decommissioning Galils.  Doesn't it suck that we don't have the same political relationship with Russia as we do with Israel?  I'd like to have a Russian built/marked AK!

The radio transmitter in my brain and my tinfoil hat just muttered something to me.  Wouldn't it be funny if a ban came from our new senate and congress that included a loophole for Israeli rifle kits?  The 1919 Browning machine gun kits (with barrels) come from there also.

I know I'm just talking out of my @$$ here, but I believe we wouldn't have a thing called Islamic terrorism if we didn't coddle Israel in everything they do.  Prior to the events in Lebanon and Palestine, the US had a good relationship with the Middle East.  Our backing of those conflicts killed that.

Sorry, I haven't had my coffee yet this morning and I'm grumpy about all the crap in the news.  I'm just a Christian that believes in good old US isolationism and feels we should stay out of ethnic and religious squabbles in other parts of the world.  I'm sure I've touched a nerve, so let the "flames" begin if need be.

YAY! Way to shit on someones thread about a rifle!

I think I am calling century later.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 7:44:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I know I'm just talking out of my @$$ here,  

Yes you are... and no one wants to hear it. This thread was started about the Century Galil rifle. Want to talk about that stuff go back to GD.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I sure as hell hope these haven't been WASR'd or CETME'd. I hope for once that Century can build something of worth. If so, put me down for two.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 11:02:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I sure as hell hope these haven't been WASR'd or CETME'd. I hope for once that Century can build something of worth. If so, put me down for two.

HUGE +1.

I hope they "Yugo'd" 'em. IE, farmed them out to someone else.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks neat!
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Can you mount a scope on a Galil?
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Haven t you seen the movie "Savior" with Dennis Quaid?

By the way the Saiga looks great Mike, I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the smooth transaction. I'm going to leave you feedback now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#11]

I have cash and am ready to buy one, so if anyone comes across a place with them for sale please drop me an email or IM.

Thanks!

John
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HUGE +1.

I hope they "Yugo'd" 'em. IE, farmed them out to someone else.

+2. I'm honestly deeply paranoid about buying anything from Century. Some of their WASRs and Cetmes look like they were assembled by retarded monkeys. The Yugo underfolders are giving me hope, however. If they can produce a decent Galil, I may well buy one.....of course I'm also considering signing up for the SER on the "other" site.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 2:19:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Do these Galils have the "new U.S. manufactured" barrels on them? If so, I'll bet they're NOT chrome lined. If they aren't chrome lined, is there a source for genuine Israeli barrels, even if it's a bit pricey?

Another question related to the above: why does it seem that every "new U.S. manufactured barrel" is made by some cheap-ass who won't chrome line them? The FAL barrels made here and put on (at least by Century) are non-chrome lined pieces of shit. And yeah, unless it's got Shilen, Hart, Noveske, or some other REAL quality name on a non-chromed barrel it is a piece of shit. I love how the cheap-ass dealers like to call anything not chrome lined "match grade". I have NO USE for a non-chrome lined barrel on a modern military-style weapon. A sniper rifle, hunting rifle, or M-1 Garand era piece is fine. Nothing past the M-14's time is acceptable to me if not chromed.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 2:36:31 PM EDT
[#14]
IBABOFRTTPIAAATMOCLDTFTTDKWTTA
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

shut the f*ck up.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Who makes the reciever is my first question?  Ohio Rapid Fire?
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 2:51:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

eeeeeenteresting!

Link Posted: 1/13/2007 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'd love to see a LOT of pics.

I have heard that ORF is making the receivers.

A poster asked about IMI chrome lined barrels. They are availible at blackthorneproducts or something like that - it is Hesse
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd love to see a LOT of pics.

I have heard that ORF is making the receivers.

A poster asked about IMI chrome lined barrels. They are availible at blackthorneproducts or something like that - it is Hesse

As have I.

Waiting not-so-patiently for pics....
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#20]
ORF makes the receivers.  They are assembled by Vulcan.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Oh
my
God.

I didn't think it could be worse than Century, but I guess it is.

I'd still buy one if I got to inspect it in person though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Not to defend hesse/vulcan but I have seen 20 or so Hesse Fals that run 100% from the get go. I would rather have Hesse building milled receiver guns than welding up stamped AK/HK/AR180/MAC guns.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img409.imageshack.us/img409/9884/vlcsnap477125zs7.jpg

img245.imageshack.us/img245/8172/vlcsnap478186bj5.jpg

By the way the Saiga looks great Mike, I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the smooth transaction. I'm going to leave you feedback now.

Been trying to find out what movie that was for f*cking years!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#24]
tag for reviews
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

source?
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

img409.imageshack.us/img409/9884/vlcsnap477125zs7.jpg

img245.imageshack.us/img245/8172/vlcsnap478186bj5.jpg

Been trying to find out what movie that was for f*cking years!  Thanks!

Lol no problem man, you should also watch "Lepa Sela Lepo Gore (Pretty Village, Pretty flame) it's a great movie in my opinion, about the same war in Savior.

I don't mean to Hijack the thread, but I figure this is the AK side and these 2 movies have alot of Yugo AK action and you guys might wanna see them too!!

Link Posted: 1/13/2007 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

What the fuck are yu talking about?

The Israelis haven't had galils in IDF-wide circulation for years. They sure as hell weren't waiting on the Tavor to get rid of them.

Saigas and Veprs are both Russian made and marked AKs that are widely available in the US.

Terrorism against us is not caused by our relationship with Israel. The radical Muslim agenda is threatened by the US. Our lifestyle is more appealing than theirs. This makes people there want to be more like us than like them. That is a threat to Islam. Hence the terrorism.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Where did you get the information that Vulcan is assembling them?  
Link Posted: 1/14/2007 4:00:40 AM EDT
[#29]
will find out today.....
Link Posted: 1/14/2007 6:32:49 AM EDT
[#30]

How did the parts look?  Atlantic posted on another thread that they were really worn out kits.  

Thanks for your info Survivorman!  I have been trying to get ahold of my boss at DSA to ask him if he took a look, but he has been buried at the show.  

John
Link Posted: 1/14/2007 2:17:44 PM EDT
[#31]
ok guys here is the word......barrels are NEW and not chromlined, recievers are from ORF, and rifles are assembled by Century :)
Link Posted: 1/14/2007 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#32]
We need sources and pics! Pics I say!!!
Link Posted: 1/14/2007 2:45:55 PM EDT
[#33]

...and my superiors at DSA have one ordered for them to experiment with the new Brugger & Thomet Galil rail system we will have in shortly.  Then a second Galil for yours truly.  

Maybe I need to test that rail system as well....

John
Link Posted: 1/14/2007 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#34]
my source is the rep at the century counter at shot show......pics will come tomorrow after work sometime
Link Posted: 1/14/2007 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Wow, way to shit on a technical forum thread!  
Link Posted: 1/14/2007 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 1/15/2007 4:09:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Anyone know where to get the Galil mag adapter for the galil to use m16 mags?

max
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 7:54:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Never thought I'd say this, but thank god they are assembled at Century.

While Century may use untrained monkeys with pipe wrenches, all the monkeys that didn't meet 'quality' control went to Vulcan/Hesse/Blackthorn.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 9:15:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 9:23:04 AM EDT
[#40]
not a bad price considering just the recievers are over 350 from ORF
Link Posted: 1/16/2007 5:13:01 PM EDT
[#41]
if there is one gun i'd like to have, it's a galil...................
Link Posted: 1/17/2007 4:14:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/17/2007 6:41:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/17/2007 6:52:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Guy on a thread over at FALFILES says he called them and was told that the receivers were not ORF but Vulcan- Hesse.  For what its worth.
Link Posted: 1/17/2007 7:02:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/17/2007 7:29:22 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I'm just a Christian that believes in good old US isolationism and feels we should stay out of ethnic and religious squabbles in other parts of the world.  I'm sure I've touched a nerve, so let the "flames" begin if need be.

911 was a great indicator of  the "good relationship" we had with Islam. It happened before Bush really took power, and certainly before the Lebanon events. Do you not remember growing up seeing Islamic terrorists on the news all these years? Hijacking just like this thread is getting?  And no...I am neither a Zionist or pro Bush, neither of those powers have been good for our Nation/media/border/industry...
but come on...blaming our support of Israel for Terrorism?
Link Posted: 1/23/2007 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#47]
any more intel onthe Galils???

I would love one with an AR mag adaptor
Link Posted: 1/24/2007 9:03:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Shit, I am watching Savior with Dennis Quaid right now and it is making me want a Galil so bad!

Is $800 or so retail or dealer cost?  I would love a DEFINITIVE answer.  I could probably swing it if 800 was MSRP, but 800 dealer cost is a bit out there for me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2007 5:05:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/25/2007 9:21:59 AM EDT
[#50]
I would love to see a review or 2 before i decide but I would love to have one.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top