Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2004 5:59:20 PM EDT
Hey folks...I bought my first Glock today. After many years of the whole composite vs. Metal thing...I finally gave in. There are rails on the front for a tac light...what are some suggestions and please post pics if you got any.

Thanks in advace,
~macro~
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:05:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:17:25 AM EDT
[#2]
The G22 is the ONLY model that has had some reliability issues with a tac light.  It is rare, but has happened.  The fix is stronger mag springs.

Big Three:

That being said, the SuerFire X2000 is an LED light, so you don't have to worry about bulbs blowing.  It is also bright, even, white light.  A bit pricey.  

The Insight Tech M3 is a great light, less expensive, not quite as bright, light is more yellow and less even.  This is the light that everyone makes holsters for, as it was out first and was the standard for a long time.  

GLOCK OEM "Safe Action Light" is about the same brightness ast the M#, has an adjustable beam (some like that, some don't) has a thinner, taller body, as the batteries are stacked rather than side by side, has a less ergonomical switch IMHO, and is a little less money than the M3.  The good thing about the GLOCK OEM light is that it does not add width to the gun, so is a good choice for IWB carry.  

Also ran:

Insight Tech that makes M3 also makes the M3 max, which is bigger and brighter, the M6 which is an M3 with a laser indicator, and the M3led, which is like an M6, but has a small LED instead of a laser (think Photon micro light) usefull for navigation if you don't want to "light up the night".

HTH  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:20:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I stuck a Streamlight M6 on my G35 only because the M6 was a tiny bit more expensive.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:09:10 AM EDT
[#4]

i keep an M3 on my G19 next to my bed. I love it and for only $140 you can't beat it. JMO

J
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Whatever light unit you get remember...bump and move!! Don't stand there and search the area with it!! Sounds simple I know but when a white light unit is attached to the weapon people have a tendancy to stand there and sweep an area searching for the BG!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I run a Surefire P111D on my 22. Here's a photo of it on my 17:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top