Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 3:25:00 PM EDT
Picked up the gun today; probably paid too much ($531) but I was anxious to try it out.

I've always liked the way that the XD fit my hand and the 45 is no different. The included accesories are nice, but I don't know how useful. I did use the mag loader, which can be mounted on the rail on the holster, if you want to carry it around, and it was useful to get the last round into the magazine.

Recoil is sharper than with a standard 1911, though I'm not particularly recoil sensitive. If you are, you might have a problem with this gun. Test load was standard American Eagle 230 grain ball . It was sufficiently accurate for me to keep most of 100 rounds in the 10 ring of a B27 at 25 yards, offhand, rapid fire. Dropped a few rounds into the 9 ring, but that was probably due to unfamiliarity with the trigger.

Don't know if it's a keeper yet, but my feeling is that for a high-cap 45, I personally would prefer a Para-Ordnance (not an LDA). It might do well for me as a pack gun, where I can't carry a 1911 C1 and have been using a S&W 325PD.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:49:04 PM EDT
[#1]
How many rounds in the mag?

Thanks for the good report.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How many rounds in the mag?

Thanks for the good report.

13 rounds in the mag
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I take it that this is the new 45 ACP XD?

Thanks for the report.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Where did you find it?  You and I are in the same vicinity, and I've been researching these for a few weeks now.  My nearby dealers did not get them, so I'm waiting on the first 'real' shipment from Springfield.  However, if your dealer has any more...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:49:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't been able to find one yet.  I can't wait to get one.

We need to find out if the .40 slide will go on that frame:)

Kevin

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:09:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Where did you find it?  You and I are in the same vicinity, and I've been researching these for a few weeks now.  My nearby dealers did not get them, so I'm waiting on the first 'real' shipment from Springfield.  However, if your dealer has any more...

I got it at Clayton's.

I don't think they have any  more, since in the box was a letter from Springfield thanking the recipient for being such a good dealer and sending them this gun for their personal collection. The letter also states that they expect to be in full production in early January.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:46:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanx for your report i currently am debating between a springfield loaded full size 1911 a1 and the xd 45 acp.Yes they are very different but both will be in my collection its a matter of wich one first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top