Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2005 1:22:51 PM EDT
Looks like DeSantis Holsters has realized that demand for the Threat Solutions UCR holster is exceeding the supply. Their "new" Scorpion IWB is basically a carbon copy of the UCR. Dave Vaughn's UCR is my favorite holster and the only one I use in the daily carry of my GLOCK.

The Threat Solutions UCR...

...and the DeSantis Scorpion

Link Posted: 11/20/2005 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#1]
yea i saw that in a gun rag a couple of months ago.....

i think that the scorpion was slightly cheaper, but it was not offered for 1911s or .45acp glocks

Link Posted: 11/20/2005 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I know Dave personally. I've taken a class from him before and shot in a match with him. He's a good guy and makes good stuff. I don't like that holster myself. I make holsters as well and I prefer mine, but Dave's stuff is good. I bet he licensed them to DeSantis. Good for him. I hope he makes lots of money. Maybe he can focus on his training company now.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I bet he licensed them to DeSantis. Good for him. I hope he makes lots of money. Maybe he can focus on his training company now.

That is what I was hoping. It would be nice for this great design to have wider availability without hurting Dave finacially.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top