Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2011 8:19:58 PM EDT
i looked at one months ago and now i own it.    did a little research, but would like to know for sure.

anyone have the range of serial numbers?

Link Posted: 6/3/2011 8:36:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Post a picture of it and I can tell you. Both sides and make the pictures larger.
Link Posted: 6/3/2011 8:51:26 PM EDT
[#2]
sent you email  (i don't know how to post pics)
Link Posted: 6/3/2011 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Army Test Lugers typically have the last two digit of the Serial number on the RIGHT end of the take down lever, an uncommon number placement.
Link Posted: 6/3/2011 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#4]
yes mine has the last 2 digits on the right side of the takedown lever
Link Posted: 6/4/2011 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#5]
i am convinced i have an army test luger.

the finish is gone, the checkering on the grips is gone

what do i do with it?

how much does one of the experts charge to restore one?
Link Posted: 6/4/2011 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#6]
In the condition this pistol is in I would contract Thor340 to do a professional restoration. You will be amazed at what it will look like after he is done working his magic!

Link Posted: 6/4/2011 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#7]
what is the price range $3,000 or something?

i have seen his work on some of the forums......what does it do to the collector value?
Link Posted: 6/4/2011 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Restoring generally ruins collectors value!
Link Posted: 6/5/2011 12:12:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Proper restoration done on a pistol in the condition yours is in will actually raise the value. I only recommend this to be done on a 20% or less original finish piece, which yours seems to be if not less. Ted can remove the pits, deepen all markings and restore the blue to the original color rust blue and straw colors. He is very reasonable for what little he charges. Get a second opinion on the lugerforum.com then make your decision.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
i looked at one months ago and now i own it.    did a little research, but would like to know for sure.

anyone have the range of serial numbers?

It should generally appear to be a Model 1900 Commercial with American Eagle on the Chamber with:

Serial number range generally 6300-7300 6100-7100, although there were a few exceptions.  

Last two digits of the serial # on the right side of takedown lever.  

No "Germany" import stamp should be present.

Usually found in worn condition.  They were used as military evaluation pistols so this is expected.

IMHO, pristine conditioned American Test Eagles bear extra scrutiny.  

eta: to correct serial number range originally posted from my faulty memory.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 2:55:44 PM EDT
[#11]
some of the people on the luger forums looked at it.   because it satisfies all of the criteria, including serial number i am convinced this is indeed one of the army test lugers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top