Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 8:19:40 AM EDT
Its back, and I couldn't be happier.

A Yost/Tripp creation, I cant call it a 1* anymore since it doesn't have Novaks, but it still gets the point across :)

Some shitty pictures done with my brothers digital camcorder, so excuse them, more later, I am off to the range:

Cobra Coat, I left it up to Virgil on this one - the two tone is stunning yet subtle but it looks great
Wicked Grips - Damascus Steel in Small Rocks Pattern
Front Cocking Serrations to match
Serration of top of the slide
serrate front strap 25lip
hand bevel mag well
Fitted Kart NM Barrel w/Brown Match Bushing
Heinie Straight Eight Night Sights
Flush crown of barrel to bushing
Counterbore slide stop
test fired/sighted in

All on top of the 1* Yost Package w/dawson rail
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:24:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:30:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
you done GOOD

......................it'll be here soon

Blasphemy! No trolling!

Blue moon or Guiness, or a bottle of Crown, we'll be square

IM OUT! range report to follow
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:08:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting....

Looks great.

ETA: One thing was bothering me and I figured it out... What say you go with blued grip screws? [ChristopherLowell]I think they'd really complement the finish! I mean, "FABoo!" [/ChristopherLowell] Where the hell did my purse go?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:36:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Interesting....

Looks great.

ETA: One thing was bothering me and I figured it out... What say you go with blued grip screws? [ChristopherLowell]I think they'd really complement the finish! I mean, "FABoo!" [/ChristopherLowell] Where the hell did my purse go?

VERY Good suggestion, thanks bud, I did just that, and it does look better.

Range Report: Tiny holes. Bang every time. And those grips, truly absorb recoil, took me by surprise.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#5]
No prob. Great looking shooter.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks bud, got some more pics up there.

I have some VZ Diamondbacks with the blued screws, i'll be shooting it with these with my upcoming class..
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Another great blaster from YoBo!!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:52:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Another great blaster from YoBo + Tripp !!!

Fixed it for ya, Tripp had a real big hand in this gun too.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:16:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
you done GOOD
......................it'll be here soon

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I hate you
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Wicked!!

Are those grips heavy?

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You know, there's a lot of nice things done to that gun, and it sure looks like you paid the price to get them! But the serrations on the top of the gun are really, really cool. I'd really like to shoot it to see if they help getting faster sight allignment/sight picture.

Honestly, I didn't plan on doing that much cosmetic work

It originally went in for front cocking serrations and a magwell bevel. And then, the ideas just keep going...and going....and going....you know how it is..sometimes it is hard to stop.

And with the 1911, you better get all you can done to the gun, so you dont have to repay for the finishing over and over again..

The serrations on the top of the slide, are a favorite of mine. I added them for a cosmetic touch, I wanted the slide flattened also but with the cuts already made in the slide, if you were to flatten the slide before sights are cut, it will leave a gap. So, I had to settle with just the serrations, but they still came out great. Before the pistol shipped. Virgil said the mechanical work was perfect. He wasn't bragging, he was just stating a fact, it was executed professionally.

But in regards to aiding a sight picture, I guess I would have to shoot it more to see if the serrations aide in anything. Slide flattening has been known to aide in sight pictures, along with serrations

Quoted:
Wicked!!

Are those grips heavy?

The grips are heavy, if your used to the micarta based 1911 grips, which I am. But i have real big hands, and they fill my hands and truly absorb some of the .45acp recoil.
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#15]
start reading a little after my initial post...

Anyone else think some people were childish?
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Goddamn.  Thats just the bill for the tripp upgrade.  What do you have tied up in that so far?
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn Chromeluv - That is SWEET!
It turned out great, it has come a long way since I had it.
How does she shoot?
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#18]
In my experience the flat top makes the front sight post look a mile tall.  Combined with a wide notch and a tritium insert, it is quick.
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 4:54:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You posted a 1911 on a Glock forum and expected anything else?
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#20]
That's one sweet     lookin' pistol.
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#21]
cool
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#22]
double tap
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Yes, they are all asshats!!

Oh, and I still hate you and your really nice 45.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 5:05:43 AM EDT
[#24]
I never cease to be amazed at how the 1911 platform can be re-invented in such a tasteful way.  That's a classy pistola!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top