Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2005 1:07:35 AM EDT
Looks like a decent shotgun with ported barrel, AR style front and rear sights, mounting rail, telestock, and is not that expensive.

How good is it versus a 870?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:33:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I was told it is hard to get parts for, maybe someone can prove me wrong, becuase I really wqnat one as well.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#2]

FN Tactical Police Shotguns are based on the Winchester 1300 defender series, so most of the W1300 goodies fit it.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=1&t=186306 Fixed link

Check out FN-TPS's Posts

Brent

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Is the C-More comes as a standard?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
At the time I got mine (june last year) yes, not sure now.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#5]
The folks at SureFire tell me that their Winchester 1300 forends will indeed fit the FN.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#6]
i use mine for 3 gun matches very reliable an accurate shotgun. my only complaint is how hot the barrell gets during fast reloads,wear a glove
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i use mine for 3 gun matches very reliable an accurate shotgun. my only complaint is how hot the barrell gets during fast reloads,wear a glove

Holy crap! You mean there might actually be a use for heat shields?

Perish the though!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:49:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I got mine last week the c-more sight is part of the kit that they sell with the gun, I really like the gun shoots good . going to use it for goose hunting sept 1
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I got mine last week the c-more sight is part of the kit that they sell with the gun, I really like the gun shoots good . going to use it for goose hunting sept 1

Even the C-more is standard, it seems to me that many dealers sell the C-more separately in order to make couple hundred more bucks.

Or sell the shotgun in MSRP without the C-more.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:03:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is the C-More comes as a standard?

The C-More came with the one we have for sale:  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=93&t=286520

It was included as part of the package.

right
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Although the FN it is a nice shotgun I went with the 870 Police, with a full length Choate Mark 5 Pistol Grip Stock, factory tritium nite sites, a Wilson extended mag and a Wilson Side Saddle.  My total cost was less than the FN and I really like it my combination.  

Other than cost, my main complaint on the FN was the stock.  I shot an FN at our local range and while the FN telestock is fine on an AR, it sucks on a shotgun when you routinely fire 3" slugs and I wanted a pistol gripped stock that would help manage recoil.  The Mark 5 fits the ticket and can be adjusted to fit your body (and clothes for winter hunting).  

I think the advantage to the FN is the rail (KACs for the 870 are $ and hard to find) and the ability to have a BUIS.  It was probably designed for people familar with the AR system, so it has the perk, but it wasn't important to me.

Good luck with the decision.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

WTF? A trench gun for goose hunting?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top