Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 8:12:25 AM EDT
Cut to the chase;

Speedfeed 13" LOP Pistol Grip Stock
Esstac Shotshell Cards (Coyote Brown)
BSA Redot (don't know if this will stay)
Streamlight M3 Mount
Modified Forend
Daniel Defense AMBI Receiver Loop
Uncle Mikes Buttcuff (excuse the duct tape, my Eagle Industries Cuff is on the way)
Homemade Single Point Sling
Ammo: TAP Red 00 Buck, Remington RR Slugs, Remington RR 00 Buck, Brenneke Tactical LR Slugs

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL775/4424444/9356499/131917451.jpg
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:04:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I was following the thread here ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=1&t=194048&page=1

Thanks for posting pictures!

I was not aware that those guns came with an 18" barrel and the concensus was that the 870 barrels didn't fit.

So, how'd you get an 18" barrel?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:25:08 AM EDT
[#2]
The guns are available currently. Your right the Remington Barrels don't fit. I had a original Norinco with ghost rings a long time ago. I liked it and it worked. Sold it to a local deputy. This one however is better I think. It is imported by H&R/New England Firearms and has been changed in design. The receiver is now tapped for rail mounting a red dot or other CCO. The rear stock interchanges with Remingotn, however the front does not. Bolts/carriers, pins, endcaps, etc. do interchange.

I bought the gun locally in Atlanta area for $200. Shoots good, however the bead is slightly off center. No big deal. I will probably upgrade the CCO eventually.

Call H&R customer service to get a barrel. Just go to www.marlin.com (they own H&R) call customer service and they can give you H&R customer service. I ordered the rail from them for $15 shipped.

Also, GET THE ESSTAC SHOTSHELL CARDS. SLICK and SICK!!!

Tac
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh cool!  NEF has barrels for these too?!  Outstanding!  That is very good to know!  

If you don't mind me asking, how much are they charging for that barrel?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Why does yours have that "hump back" receiver instead of the 870ish like this?
www.hr1871.com/firearms/index.php?cat=3&subcat=37
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#5]
The barrel price I don't know. I bought it as is. Its the home defense model.

All Pardner pumps now have the humpback. The receiver is drilled and tapped. I think those are old pictures. The catalog I have shows the guns with the hump like the autoloader.

ALSO, DO NOT, and I mean DO NOT try to put a Speedfeed forend on it. It will fit, but then get stuck and won't go all the down. Trust me I did it. I had to bang it off then grind down the first thread that got buggered up (is that how you spell that??). However, a Remington factory slide tube and forend will fit. The bars match up to the bolt/carrier. I am in process of hunting one up.

Oh, the wear on the finish comes off quick on the bolt. Although I have about 400 rounds through it and I have only had it 3 weeks. Run it hard first to make sure there are no mechanical issues. It also doesn't feed Federal Tactical Buck well. Federal bird is fine though.

tac

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#6]
The stores around me still have the old style then. I guess I better get one before they're gone.

Does 922R or 925 apply to this gun? would it be illegal to install a pistol grip and a mag extension? I'd like to make another pistol griped shotty for a backup to my cruiser.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Pump guns don't fall under this rule. Only autos.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#8]
tacdog, thanks for all this really good info on the Pardner pump.  

I did a little snooping around and the NEF site does not have all the available models listed, as usual.  I found this little bugger 21" 20gauge for $150.  That will provide me with a workable platform for the 20gauge tac build I've been wanting to do.  The shame is that website doesn't offer all the info I need either (fixed choke, what choke, rifled bore, stock length...)  I'll keep digging.

Tell me about those shotcards.  Do you carry those?  Do they strap to you or your body somehow?  I've always used belts, bandoliers, and ammo cans; the shotcard thing is new to me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:15:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Here are the links for the cards.

www.skdtac.com/category.asp?CATEGORYID=175

gwentac.com/essshottycard.html

Here is the pic:

http://gwentac.com/images/shottykhaki.jpg

You can fit 2 in a M4 Mag Pouch.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Aha.  Got it.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#11]
UPDATE - Went to the range to try out and get the Red Dot aligned. I think it works ok.

Pic is of Brenneke 2-3/4" Reduced Recoil Tactical Slugs. Distance = 25 yds. Fired standing up.
Three shots middle, two flyers. Flyers only 2" and 3" off others.
IT WORKS!!

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL775/4424444/9356499/132436280.jpg
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#12]
A tactical home defense slug?!?!?! I've never heard of such a thing, I thought the purpose of a home defense shotgun was to have buck in it.  At least thats what in my 870

crazy kids
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:11:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I gotta be the first to ask.. What is all the duct tape for, on the stock???

Does that make it a "Tac-duck-tal" shotgun??
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
UPDATE - Went to the range to try out and get the Red Dot aligned. I think it works ok.

Pic is of Brenneke 2-3/4" Reduced Recoil Tactical Slugs. Distance = 25 yds. Fired standing up.
Three shots middle, two flyers. Flyers only 2" and 3" off others.
IT WORKS!!

pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL775/4424444/9356499/132436280.jpg

Did you get the flyers after the barrel started heating up?

I didn't know Brenneke made reduced recoil; pretty cool!  Where'd ya' get those at?

I've used Remington's reduced recoil slugs and like them a lot.  At 50 yards they didn't go through the hot water heater like the full-powered ones did; they left a knot on the back.  As long as the perps aren't wearing hot water heaters, I should be okay, right?

Anyhoo, thanks for posting all this.  I didn't realize that so many options were available.  I'm going to see if I can build up one of these, but in 20gauge. A reduced LOP pistolgrip butstock, an 18" mod choke barrel, ya, I can't wait!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:37:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I gotta be the first to ask.. What is all the duct tape for, on the stock???

Does that make it a "Tac-duck-tal" shotgun??

I'll give you $1 if you can say that 10 times really fast...

That was covered in the first post "...Uncle Mikes Buttcuff (excuse the duct tape, my Eagle Industries Cuff is on the way)..."
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:54:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
"A tactical home defense slug?!?!?! I've never heard of such a thing, I thought the purpose of a home defense shotgun was to have buck in it. At least thats what in my 870"

Quoted:
"I gotta be the first to ask.. What is all the duct tape for, on the stock???
Does that make it a "Tac-duck-tal" shotgun??"

Quoted:
Did you get the flyers after the barrel started heating up?

I didn't know Brenneke made reduced recoil; pretty cool! Where'd ya' get those at?

I've used Remington's reduced recoil slugs and like them a lot. At 50 yards they didn't go through the hot water heater like the full-powered ones did; they left a knot on the back. As long as the perps aren't wearing hot water heaters, I should be okay, right?

Anyhoo, thanks for posting all this. I didn't realize that so many options were available. I'm going to see if I can build up one of these, but in 20gauge. A reduced LOP pistolgrip butstock, an 18" mod choke barrel, ya, I can't wait!

OK, lets see if I can answer:

Delta, Brenneke is marketing the round as a Tactical/Home Defense Slug. IT'S MARKETING!! Accurate as hell too.

coltshorty, whatever. Read the posts first next time.

Tom, the flyers were snap shots, not really aiming per say. The other three were purpose shots for grouping. Whole group no bigger than a grapefruit. So, no barrel heat up didn't effect it, the shots were the first two fired. I fired Remington RR also, just as accurate. The Brenneke slugs were bought at a local gun shop in Atlanta (Bernie's Sports Center). They were $3.99 a box. The idea behind them is the wad stays attached to stabilize the round in flight. Unlike the Remington Foster which the wad seperates from the slug in flight (almost right after it leaves the barrel). The Brenneke round is the same as the KO and other Brenneke slugs, just down loaded to 1380fps. One curious thing about them though, they are a full 1/8 inch SHORTER that the Remington and Federal slugs. They only made one RR power so that they would cycle through a semi-auto as well.

Also, to all interested - the rail that NEF makes for the gun can serve as a crude back up sight if you optic fails (battery dies). The rail is made so that without the optic mounted it can be used a crude rifle-type sight. I will get pics of it tonight. I noticed it this morning when I grabbed it to put in the car. Also, remember to us LOCTITE. I forgot and the base came loose during firing the last string of shots.

Hope this helps everybody.

Have a shotty day!

tac
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:01:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Here is the pic:

gwentac.com/images/shottykhaki.jpg

Wow..Bad ass.  How do you access them?  Is that MOLLE webbing on the back?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:05:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Is that MOLLE webbing on the back?

If you can't see that there is no MOLLE backing i'd be slightly concerned if i was at the range next to you
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:11:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the pic:

THESE ARE NOT MOLLE. They have the hook portion of industrial velcro on the back to mate with the loop portion you put on your receiver or sidesaddle plate. The latter setup is what I have. The strapping for the shells holds GOOD!! Two cards will fit in a M4 mag pouch. However, due to the velcro I put a thin plexiglass divider. Eventually I will form some thin kydex for it. It helps in the removal of the cards. Just strip off the empty and slap a new set of ammo on the receiver.

tac

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:30:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is the pic:

THESE ARE NOT MOLLE. They have the hook portion of industrial velcro on the back to mate with the loop portion you put on your receiver or sidesaddle plate. The latter setup is what I have. The strapping for the shells holds GOOD!! Two cards will fit in a M4 mag pouch. However, due to the velcro I put a thin plexiglass divider. Eventually I will form some thin kydex for it. It helps in the removal of the cards. Just strip off the empty and slap a new set of ammo on the receiver.

tac

Ohhhhhh...Ok.  Got it now.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:33:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Is that MOLLE webbing on the back?

If you can't see that there is no MOLLE backing i'd be slightly concerned if i was at the range next to you

Whatever dude.  Kinda looked like it in the pic I saw there.  Didn't
understand the whole concept of the thing...I do now though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:43:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Delta, Brenneke is marketing the round as a Tactical/Home Defense Slug. IT'S MARKETING!! Accurate as hell too.

Tom, the flyers were snap shots, not really aiming per say. The other three were purpose shots for grouping. Whole group no bigger than a grapefruit. So, no barrel heat up didn't effect it, the shots were the first two fired. I fired Remington RR also, just as accurate. The Brenneke slugs were bought at a local gun shop in Atlanta (Bernie's Sports Center). They were $3.99 a box. The idea behind them is the wad stays attached to stabilize the round in flight. Unlike the Remington Foster which the wad seperates from the slug in flight (almost right after it leaves the barrel). The Brenneke round is the same as the KO and other Brenneke slugs, just down loaded to 1380fps. One curious thing about them though, they are a full 1/8 inch SHORTER that the Remington and Federal slugs. They only made one RR power so that they would cycle through a semi-auto as well.

Hope this helps everybody.

Have a shotty day!

tac

Again, I greatly appreciate you sharing all of this.  I've learned alot.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

tac

Well, EXCUSE the fuck out of me for missing it.. Piss off, and have a nice day..
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:13:06 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

tac

Well, EXCUSE the fuck out of me for missing it.. Piss off, and have a nice day..hr

Easy partner. I was just joking with you. You have a good day too.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:31:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top